Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:12 pm

This thread belongs in the wall of shame so if I was a major Spyro supporter I'd make a new one asap before Dust moves it
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Dragonguy wrote:
Well Ottsel, he should at least have his convexity breath as his final smash attack and transform into his legend form, dawn of the dragon style, like how pac man in his final smash when he turns to classic pac man, I guess I can tolerate Spyro being in classic form, but ONLY on that condition . what I mean by hybrid, is because classic Spyro looks like a mix between a dragon and something else, he barely looks like a dragon.
I don't think the devs will take in mind what you can tolerate.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 12:11 am

Might as well throw my opinion.
If Spyro, then only Classic Spyro with a minimum of references to later Spyro Generations.
That also means no Convixi-whatever beam for Final Smash. That thing is boring as hell.
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 10:34 pm

well I guess I can tolerate classic Spyro, but he should have different forms, like how Luigi when you press a button and it turns to wuigi (or however it's spelled) It should be something like that
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:33 pm

It wouldn't be something like that so you're just going to have to 'tolerate' it
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 9:38 am

It should be though, there would be more variety
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:42 am

Dragonguy wrote:
It should be though, there would be more variety
No there wouldn't. Adding something that's not even canon at all for "variety" is wasting development time. Are we gonna make Link transform into 8-Bit and N64 Link for the heck of it? No. There wouldn't be more variety; it would just satisfy you.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:21 pm

Wow, this fell through quickly. Didn't expect to see it in the wall of shame. lol
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
No there wouldn't. Adding something that's not even canon at all for "variety" is wasting development time. Are we gonna make Link transform into 8-Bit and N64 Link for the heck of it? No. There wouldn't be more variety; it would just satisfy you.
Isn't that precisely what Project M did by making a 'Melee Link' alternate costume? Haven't we had an 8-bit Mario suggestion? Yarn Yoshi?

I'm not saying I would support an alternate Spyro (far from it), but if he wants to make a topic for it, let him.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Roy wrote:
Haven't we had an 8-bit Mario suggestion? Yarn Yoshi?

I'm not saying I would support an alternate Spyro (far from it), but if he wants to make a topic for it, let him.

But weren't 8-Bit Mario and Yarn Yoshi significantly different from their counterparts in terms of movesets? Now, if Dragonguy is talking about a full separate moveset for Legends Spyro, that'd be different. Not necessarily better, it's still be pretty dumb, and the moveset'd probably be really bad, but it would at least be a different story to an alternate costume, which sounds to me like what he's getting at.
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:44 pm

I heard my homie Yarn Yosh being mentioned
Hey-ho
Roy wrote:
Haven't we had an Yarn Yoshi suggestion?

Mmmyes
That is correct-o
Yarn Yoshi has indeed been suggested
Naughty Ottsel wrote:
But weren't 8-Bit Mario and Yarn Yoshi significantly different from their counterparts in terms of movesets? Now, if Dragonguy is talking about a full separate moveset for Legends Spyro, that'd be different. Not necessarily better, it's still be pretty dumb, and the moveset'd probably be really bad, but it would at least be a different story to an alternate costume, which sounds to me like what he's getting at.
Yarn Yoshi is indeed significantly different
Plus, we do got Weegee (Yes I know he was pre-Revamp Crusade Roster but he's still around so that must mean something, even if slight) which is Luigi through-and-through (Not even a seperate in-game identity like Yarn Yoshi or Zero Suit if we're staying away from the Internet side of him) but with Mario is Missing sprites being the only real seperation before Memes were injected into everything he does (Even the name "Weegee" is from the Internet, but Luigi has gone by "Weege" in certain Nintendo Comics)
We could have RED Heavyweapons Guy and a BLU/Robo Heavyweapons Guy alt. for RED HWG who are technically the same person, but if support was booming enough for both and BLU's moveset was a drastic variation from RED, there's still a chance it could happen, even if incredibly slightly.

But them's just my thoughts.
If the lad wants to make a Classic Spyro (Like the PS Trilogy) alongside a more Modern Spyro (Skylanders Series), I don't see why not. tongue
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Isn't that precisely what Project M did by making a 'Melee Link' alternate costume? Haven't we had an 8-bit Mario suggestion? Yarn Yoshi?

I think that I, the creator of it, would know if 8-Bit Mario's been suggested

I didn't know we were Project M.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

There are core game examples as well. Female Robin and Corrin. Bayonetta costumes. Probably more but I don't feel like thinking.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Souji Seta wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

There are core game examples as well. Female Robin and Corrin. Bayonetta costumes. Probably more but I don't feel like thinking.
Notice how none of those are Crusade. Dev team doesn't have the same abillities to sprite a different form of a character, the team has a lot less resources and tons of things to sprite.

Point is, Project M and core game don't really matter in this scenario.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Roy wrote:

Isn't that precisely what Project M did by making a 'Melee Link' alternate costume?

I want to point out that spriting an alternate costume would be significantly more time consuming than modeling one
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 8:19 pm

@Shaq I understand that, but given the question of legitimacy of project M I thought you were referring to that specifically.

@Dust I though that was the obvious part.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Well yeah... considering he brought up Weegee as the point, I figured he meant a completely new moveset.

Dustination wrote:
I want to point out that spriting an alternate costume would be significantly more time consuming than modeling one
Yes, but it's not completely out of the question... who even said it was a costume? I figured it would be like Pichu or Dr. Mario...
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Roy wrote:
Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Well yeah... considering he brought up Weegee as the point, I figured he meant a completely new moveset.

Dustination wrote:
Yes, but it's not completely out of the question... who even said it was a costume? I figured it would be like Pichu or Dr. Mario...
Why would we even need to make seperate forms when we can just combine moves? Classic Spyro is the one the majority loves. We don't need an alt for the one people shove to the side.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Why would we even need to make seperate forms when we can just combine moves? Classic Spyro is the one the majority loves. We don't need an alt for the one people shove to the side.
I'm just saying it has a chance (though very small), and if he really believes in it, he should make a topic and moveset about it. Most of us wouldn't support it, but it's a valid opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3