Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Guess this is relevant again. Of course I support! Spyro is awesome.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Support. tongue
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:42 pm

True, Spyro is cool, but he should be in his legend form. In his original form he looks like a half dragon half something else. His Skylander form looks like "A bloody gremlin thing" but his legend form he looks like a real dragon, not like a gremlin or a dragon hybrid.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 1:43 am

No. I only support Spyro, if he gets back his classic design, since that's his most iconic design.
No Skylander Spyro. No "Modern" Spyro (from those games that introduced Cynder and the dark world). No Legend Spyro. Only Classic Spyro and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 am

OP should be edited to include the format of other discussion threads on this section. Perhaps to include a copy pasted (And credited) version of SP's moveset (or at least a link to it).

Otherwise I don't know much of Spyro beyond them being Iconic and that people would most likely hate references to Skylanders, lmao.
Still, spyro is an actual dragon who stands in all four paws and i can appreciate this two unique aspects of him (Given Ivysaur has been the only one to be standing in all fours)

SUPPORT
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 9:44 am

Trinitro man, Spyro shouldn't be in his classic form, he looks like a hybrid, he looks weirds, his Skylander form is stupid but his legend form looks like a real dragon! he looks WAY better than his other forms Mad
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:05 am

Only classic. Nothing else.

We can take moves from Enter the Dragonfly and Hero's Tail, I guess, but nothing from the 'Legend' group.
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 11:07 am

why not! his legend from is better!
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:04 pm

No. No it isn't!
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:11 pm

Spyro looks more realistic in legend form, classic form looks like a hybrid, and his classic form and the classic games look childish, but the legend is a little more drama then comedy, not to mention in the legend he meets Cynder his future wife. Legend trilogy is better, classic looks just wrong, and poorly animated, even for a PS1 game
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:15 pm

the only difference I see with Legend and Classic is that he has a slightly smaller head
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:16 pm

I would personally only support classic spyro, myself. Maybe a few moves inspired by newer games, but the original trilogy has the only good spyro design imo.
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:19 pm

well maybe we can agree that he can have the legend form but with a few classic moves, BUT KEEP THE FURY ATTACK OF DAWN OF THE DRAGON PLZ Sad I LOVE HIS LEGEND FORM!!
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Dragonguy wrote:
Spyro looks more realistic in legend form, classic form looks like a hybrid, and his classic form and the classic games look childish, but the legend is a little more drama then comedy, not to mention in the legend he meets Cynder his future wife. Legend trilogy is better, classic looks just wrong, and poorly animated, even for a PS1 game
You know Smash doesn't aim for realism, right? We actually would prefer 'childish' over 'realistic'. Another significant point is that Spyro should match the current characters, more specifically Crash, who is in his classic form rather than his 'Titans' form.

Everyone here wants classic except you.

If anything, we'd have classic with maybe 1 legends move thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:24 pm

I think it would be easier to agree upon classic with some Legends inspired moves, which would make sense considering those games have more focus on combat.

Edit: I'm going to disagree with roy a little bit in that I think legends deserves more than 1 move. There are basically two generations of Spyro fans, and I think us older fans should respect the new a little bit more.

Last edited by KingTremolo on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Fine Tremolo... but he should atleast have his fury attack from dawn of the dragon.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:32 pm

KingTremolo wrote:
Edit: I'm going to disagree with roy a little bit in that I think legends deserves more than 1 move.  There are basically two generations of Spyro fans, and I think us older fans should respect the new a little bit more.
You could technically say 3 generations and include Skylanders >_<

Legend series takes place over 3 years (06-08). Original series was 8 years (98-05). 3 games vs 10 games. Maybe more than 1 move, ok... but as long as Classic gets the more significant representation here.
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Roy, His final Smash should be his fury attack, Dawn of the dragon style, and he should to turn to his legend form on his final smash, is that okay? all of the rest he can be...classic as much as I don't like his classic form, I think that's a fair deal right?
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Trust meI agree that the originals should be priority, but at the same time I just don't think they provide quite enough moveset-wise, but should provide his fundamental playstyle.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 1:19 pm

I've never played the Legends games. I've only had experiences with the classic PS1 trilogy, the 4th game with notoriously long load times, and a GBA game based around ice breath.

The moveset I made was made with the originals in mind, but I actually took a lot of move inspiration from a spritesheet of a spyro DS game that was from the Legends series iirc.

Dragonguy, if you think Legends needs to be properly represented, I'd love to hear it! We just need proper explanations of moves and possibly video references as well to help boost your points.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Support sure, though classic's the way to go from what I can see
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Why would he transform into legends form for a final smash? That doesn't really make sense...

I looked up what this 'fury attack' he keeps talking about is, but there's actually 5 different versions of it based on different elements (fire, ice, earth, electric, and 'convexity'). They seem more like smash attacks to me than a final smash... Hm, actually, what if the smash attacks were element based normally, but turned into these fury attacks at full charge?
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:34 pm

well in dawn of the dragon fury attack, it doesn't matter what element your on in, it just shoots a giant purple beam, no matter what element you have. But fury attacks are a legend trilogy thing, not classic or Skylanders
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:46 pm

I understand they are a legend trilogy thing, but I was looking at this:

But you're referring to this:

From what I can read, that's not actually a fury attack. Spyro's 'convexity' breath replaced the fury attacks, which is that purple beam you see. I would rather not see this in the moveset...

Imo, his Final Smash should just be like Yoshi's Super Dragon - gain flight and superflame, which were temporary powerups in the classics (and unlockable to be permanent in Ripto's Rage).
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:50 pm

well I think this convexity breath should be the final smash, it looks cool, and gives a lot of damage, that's what they used to defeat Malefor after all
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Late to this, but yeah, classic is the way to go. Dragonguy, just look at almost any Mario rep, or, indeed, Crash. Whether the Legend games are better is purely subjective. The fact remains that Spyro's best-received, most influential, iconic games were the originals.

Also, what do you even mean by 'hybrid'?
Back to top Go down
Dragonguy
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Well Ottsel, he should at least have his convexity breath as his final smash attack and transform into his legend form, dawn of the dragon style, like how pac man in his final smash when he turns to classic pac man, I guess I can tolerate Spyro being in classic form, but ONLY on that condition . what I mean by hybrid, is because classic Spyro looks like a mix between a dragon and something else, he barely looks like a dragon.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Dragonguy wrote:
I guess I can tolerate Spyro being in classic form, but ONLY on that condition.
You do realize that it's not up to me or you, right? If the developers only use classic, you gotta deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:07 pm

It's called aesthetic. Spyro's is cartoonish. Doesn't mean it's any worse or less valid than another character. Look at Yoshi. That's a freaking dinosaur.
You're conditions are completely ignoring whether or not the moveset is good, and focus solely on whether or not your favorite Spyro game gets repped. And, as was mentioned before, Legend Spyro isn't much different visually to Classic Spyro; just darker and mildly more realistic. It's up to you to show support, but you shouldn't base your support on a caveat as trivial as whether or not the Legend games get repped a specific way. Hell, these fine people have been saying that the Legend games should be looked to for at least a few of the moves. Quit complaining about Spyro's visual design and demanding that he have the Final Smash you envision, and give some genuine, constructive feedback.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next