HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
domenicodeba
Level 1 CPU

Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:11 am

I introduced the game to a friend and he liked it. He is a big Spyro fan and he said it would be cool if Spyro the Dragon was a playable character. Here I am, suggesting. Spyro would be great because of his moveset that has been shown over the years of all his games. He is a young dragon with spunk and he fits in with a game like this perfectly.
Back to top Go down
domenicodeba
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:14 am

How do I add a picture? The system won't seem to let me.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:15 am

Just get an image's URL and put
Code:
[img] [/img]
around it.

As for Spyro,
I've already made a moveset for him, actually.

https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613p200-the-community-super-smash-bros-moveset-topic#81229
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Crash is in, WHY NOT SPYRO?
Also, use SP's moveset, it's that good
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:15 pm

spyro is a classic character which deserves to be in smash bros crusade Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Spyro is classic, but I don't remember anything from his games, only flying around collecting coins or whatever they were, all over the map.
Back to top Go down
Tommyspud
Level 1 CPU
Tommyspud

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Reading SP's moveset, and it is amazing. The only thing it lacks from the old games is Moneybags running in and taking all of your gems.

Spyro would be a great addition, and would be fun to fight against his ultimate rival, Crash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombspawn.com
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Crimson Heights wrote:
Spyro is classic, but I don't remember anything from his games, only flying around collecting coins or whatever they were, all over the map.

He actually collected Gems, but yeah, Spyro has some powers, he could charge with his horns, he had firebreath (in some later games, water, ice, thunder, wind, and idk what else), he could glide, he could fly (though only in some bonus stages), he could tackle the ground with his horns, he could swim, HE COULD USE HIS FIREBREATH UNDERWATER (not sure)

He's an interesting character, and he's just as iconic as Crash or Parappa The Rapper for a Playstation character
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I wouldn't mind him being in, it would at the very least compliment Crash, if not make a lot of fans happy.
Back to top Go down
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Excellent! One Down, 101 Skylanders to go! And that's not even mentioning the Swappritunities and Doom Raiders involved in this so hop to it, Portal Masters!
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:04 am

Spoon300 wrote:
Excellent! One Down, 101 Skylanders to go! And that's not even mentioning the Swappritunities and Doom Raiders involved in this so hop to it, Portal Masters!

We're most likely referring to the original Spyro trilogy, and if not that, at least the other 10 games that came before Skylanders was even conceived. I suggest you learn a bit more about Spyro.
Back to top Go down
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:28 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Spoon300 wrote:

We're most likely referring to the original Spyro trilogy, and if not that, at least the other 10 games that came before Skylanders was even conceived.

Yep, that why Spyro's the easiest to implement, Cynder's slightly less easy in that you have to make her moveset from the Legend of Spyro Trilogy and the Skylander Games. Dear Lord, I can't wait til I cook up a moveset for Kaos! November Fourteenth can't come soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Spoon300 wrote:
Yep, that why Spyro's the easiest to implement, Cynder's slightly less easy in that you have to make her moveset from the Legend of Spyro Trilogy and the Skylander Games. Dear Lord, I can't wait til I cook up a moveset for Kaos! November Fourteenth can't come soon enough!

For one, I think it's pretty unlikely that Spyro would get a second rep in Crusade, especially Cynder, of all characters. If he did get a second rep, the most likely candidate would probably be Gnasty Gnorc or someone else that isn't a dragon. But as it stands, I don't imagine he'll get one. Also, I think Skylanders should be ignored entirely when it comes to Spyro, as it isn't strictly Spyro, and is essentially a gimmicky, mediocre game that gouges you for money.

As far as actual, genuine, Spyro the Dragon in Crusade, though, he's got my full support.
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:39 pm

I support him: he seems like a very interesting character, and he'd be the perfect rival to Crash.
Back to top Go down
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Same.

I've got a Skylander Rep in the works, Maybe two... You're just gonna have to wait until my Ban is over to see who they are. Here's a Hint: They're both Portal Masters.
Back to top Go down
Kerbal64
Level 1 CPU
Kerbal64

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:42 am

Spoon300 wrote:
I've got a Skylander Rep in the works, Maybe two... You're just gonna have to wait until my Ban is over to see who they are. Here's a Hint: They're both Portal Masters.

Is there much point in creating suggestions for Skylanders when Spyro isn't even for sure in? I mean, Spyro definitely should be in, but I don't really think we need Skylanders. How about you put that effort into more deserving characters?

But, yeah, Spyro has got my support.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 2:35 pm

As long as we count Spyro and Skylanders as separate, I don't have a problem with both... the only trouble I see is that Skylanders doesn't really have a main character, does it?

Regardless, Spyro himself needs a moveset. Of course we should base it on the classic PS1 games (and MAYBE Enter the Dragonfly)... Side Special has to be his charge move, and neutral his flame breath.
One unique thing we could work with him is give him '4' jumps in a way - normal jump, double jump, glide, hover, assuming you keep pressing jump to reach all 4 levels. Unlike other gliding characters, he can cancel his glide with the hover, allowing him to use any attack out of it. He should also be able to cancel it with a charge, or use fire breath during it.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:00 pm

Roy wrote:
One unique thing we could work with him is give him '4' jumps in a way - normal jump, double jump, glide, hover, assuming you keep pressing jump to reach all 4 levels. Unlike other gliding characters, he can cancel his glide with the hover, allowing him to use any attack out of it. He should also be able to cancel it with a charge, or use fire breath during it.

Yeah, Spyro's moveset should for sure be drawn from the classic Insomniac-developed games. And I really like the concept of his aerial mobility being a key feature in his playstyle. If here were to cancel his glide with a charge, though, would that essentially function like Sonic's mid-air Spin Dash?

As for Skylanders, I always thought it was kind of centered around the fact that Spyro was in it, and started as a sort of attempt at reviving his franchise. Then again, I was never really into it that much. Never struck my fancy. If Skylanders is enough of it's own franchise, and has a unique enough possible rep to deserve a place in Crusade, then by all means. I just think there are a heck of a lot of more deserving, more iconic characters out there that haven't been tapped into yet, and Skylanders shouldn't be a priority.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:41 am

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Yeah, Spyro's moveset should for sure be drawn from the classic Insomniac-developed games. And I really like the concept of his aerial mobility being a key feature in his playstyle. If here were to cancel his glide with a charge, though, would that essentially function like Sonic's mid-air Spin Dash?

As for Skylanders, I always thought it was kind of centered around the fact that Spyro was in it, and started as a sort of attempt at reviving his franchise. Then again, I was never really into it that much. Never struck my fancy. If Skylanders is enough of it's own franchise, and has a unique enough possible rep to deserve a place in Crusade, then by all means. I just think there are a heck of a lot of more deserving, more iconic characters out there that haven't been tapped into yet, and Skylanders shouldn't be a priority.
Sort of, except he goes forward and it's a single, hard hit rather than a grind of hits.

I think the original Skylanders game attempted to use Spyro to convince more people to buy it (as well as actually use the IP), but it's gone away from that. Spyro is never mentioned anymore when you look for Skylanders. You can't deny the popularity the series has, as well. I haven't played it though, so I can't say for sure what the best option would be.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 9:44 am

I invision Spyro being able to chase down opponents easily utilizing good mobility options, both on the air and the ground. To compensate, Spyro should have somewhat poor range on most of his attacks I think.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 6:35 am

Roy wrote:
I think the original Skylanders game attempted to use Spyro to convince more people to buy it (as well as actually use the IP), but it's gone away from that. Spyro is never mentioned anymore when you look for Skylanders. You can't deny the popularity the series has, as well. I haven't played it though, so I can't say for sure what the best option would be.

Yeah, I realize that a lot of people love Skylanders, and I've got nothing against them or even the game, really. I just don't care for it much, and I think that if it does get into Crusade, it should be later in development and probably only one rep. There are plenty of more iconic, more beloved characters that deserve representation. I acknowledge how iconic Skylanders is today, though, so maybe they deserve a character in Crusade. I wouldn't protest one being in, but I'm not gonna support it either unless it's really quite a spectacular character.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:37 am

So why doesn't this guy have more support? Or has even been discussed in a long time.

Supporters: 12
domenicodeba
StayPuft
Johnny64
Alucard
Tommyspud
HypeConduit
Spoon300
NaughtyOttsel
Pakeli
Kerbal64
Roy
Chaotic Chao

(Can't tell if Crimson is supporting since he just said Spyro is a classic... so I left him out for now)

Last edited by Roy on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:02 am

Spoon300 doesn't count as a supporter since he's banned. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:19 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Spoon300 doesn't count as a supporter since he's banned. Just saying.
Does he? Dust told me to leave Playtimebro on my other lists and he deleted himself.

I'd have to go into all of my topics and remove him if that's the case...
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 10:48 am

Spoon and Playtimebro still count as supporters.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:13 am

Oh. The reason I thought they didn't count is because Mp3 Toaster stated that we should not count supports from banned or deleted accounts.

Mp3 Toaster wrote:
At this point. Since accounts are being getting deleted for some reason. Supports for characters are increasing super fast as the activity in this forum has sky-rocketted. This list is not listing any names either. Making it potentially pretty innaccurate too. it's a mess and it will get pretty difficult to track all of it by myself only. So I have to make some changes.

This time. I request topic owners to count down how many supporters there are in their own thread and list them on the first post of the topic with their names in as well.(Though someone else are free to help as well) That way we can truly tell who supports the character. And I don't have to dig through the entire topic again just to make sure it's counted properly. Inaccuracies can also be easily fixed as well. I didn't list the names before in this list because that would make the list pretty big. For topics owned by a deleted account however.. Someone else might have to consider taking over those. And lastly, please don't count supports of accounts who are either banned or has been deleted.

Also, for this list I will later mark which character has been verified. And they will be verified if their topic has it's support list updated in the first post.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:15 am

Oh, I'm sorry.
I'm removing that right now.
They're still people who are interested.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:43 am

I've never played Spyro, why should I support him--
oooooh he's a dragon
Support
Back to top Go down
Gomamon
Level 1 CPU
Gomamon

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:17 am

I loved his games too much not to support him.

Support!
Back to top Go down
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
eris27100

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 1:25 pm

I support only if skylanders is never mentioned in his moveset
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion   Spyro the Dragon - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Spyro (Spyro the Dragon) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next