View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
TacoWaffle
Level 1 CPU
TacoWaffle

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Hey Everybody TacoWaffle here! Razz
I think Yoshi needs three things:

1. Better Egg Throw: It doesnt have much control and does little to nothing in terms of recovery.

2. Swallow and Grab: Both of these moves have WAAAAAY too much lag compared to other games

3. A SERIOUS RE-SPRITE: I've seen good sprites, bad sprites and YOSHI sprites. He REALLY needs better sprites in my opinion... or maybe thats just me... Wink

Any other thoughts or additions? Let me know!

-TacoWaffle Cool
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:31 pm

1. If anything, it has TOO much control. How long you hold B determines distance, direction inputs determine angle. You can create pretty much any throw trajectory imaginable. On recovery though, maybe it could get a small bounce that depreciates with each use without landing on stage.

2. Grab actually is FASTER than console, but i'll look into B i guess.

3. Nonono, there's bad sprites, and then there's ZSS. NOTHING compares to ZSS.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:30 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
3.  Nonono, there's bad sprites, and then there's ZSS.  NOTHING compares to ZSS.
Pretty much this. Anyone who's a simple edit of GBA/SNES/Whatever sprites need to go 1st. Absolutely. And ZSS is the absolute worst offender next to Dankey Kang.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 4:56 am

Yoshi's grab does seem pretty weak since dash-grabbing isn't really present in this game. My personal biggest complaint is his forward smash. It doesn't even make sense that it's as small as it is. As I recall, his F.Smash had pretty decent range in the other games, but this one is just sort of bad.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:00 am

Woah, dash grabbing and jc grabbing and all that are very much a thing in this game. The difference is quite noticeable. Yoshi's dashing grab is notably faster than his standing grab, as it was in console.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:30 am

Yoshi is definitely one of the higher-priority resprites, right next to the other ones mentioned here
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:49 am

I agree with everything said here, but there's one other thing that's been bothering me. Yoshi's Side B, while cool, is very similar to Poochy from the Yoshi games. I suspect that they wanted to make his Side B Poochy in Melee, but it was too hard to program so they just made the shield spin around instead. Now I know that having Poochy instead of the egg roll might change some hitboxes and whatnot, but what if Yoshi automatically ducks when riding Poochy?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:26 am

Is there evidence to support this or is it all headcanon
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun May 03, 2015 9:00 am

Mellon wrote:
I suspect
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:06 am

Why though
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:32 am

Because they behave so similarly and Yoshi never uses that Egg roll in the games.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 8:23 pm

I would recommend changing Yoshi's Final Smash so he can represent every Yoshi ability in Super Mario World. Right now he can only shoot fire and fly. Yellow Yoshi's ground stomp is missing. You should find a way to implement that.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 3:48 pm

I personally would like the Metal Eggdozer as Yoshi's new FS.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Mellon wrote:
I agree with everything said here, but there's one other thing that's been bothering me. Yoshi's Side B, while cool, is very similar to Poochy from the Yoshi games. I suspect that they wanted to make his Side B Poochy in Melee, but it was too hard to program so they just made the shield spin around instead. Now I know that having Poochy instead of the egg roll might change some hitboxes and whatnot, but what if Yoshi automatically ducks when riding Poochy?

I know this was half a year ago but agreed
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Mellon wrote:

I know this was half a year ago but agreed
Why not just make Poochy a character
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:15 pm

shaq

stop

don't do dis
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:18 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
shaq

stop

don't do dis
Yoshi Discussion 2066396438 Yes
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:57 am

Furthermore, I get the feel that Yoshi's Side B was never supossed to be Poochy in the first place.
It was never outright confirmed, and it's basic knowledge that Sakurai loves to come up with new moves for characters that still make at least somewhat sense.
A lot more logical is the conclusion that Yoshi got Egg Roll due to symbolism and nothing else (because Yoshi is all about eggs).
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 am

yoshi loves Chinese food
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:51 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Furthermore, I get the feel that Yoshi's Side B was never supossed to be Poochy in the first place.
It was never outright confirmed, and it's basic knowledge that Sakurai loves to come up with new moves for characters that still make at least somewhat sense.
A lot more logical is the conclusion that Yoshi got Egg Roll due to symbolism and nothing else (because Yoshi is all about eggs).
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:37 am

Just a question, would anyone happen to have Yoshi's Crusade Artwork on hand?
I'm working on...something...and I'd like his artwork for reference, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Turnip
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 12:26 pm

You can find all the CSPs in the game files, although they're low quality. For some reason his 9.0 CSP isn't on the wiki, which is where you can usually find the high-res versions of them.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 1:05 am

Like a common quote says: No broken, no fix...

With this, I want to say that Yoshi's moveset hasn't any matter...So, I don't think any change is necessary...
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 6:38 am

Yoshi's moveset is fine (Aside from the questionable angles of the Egg Toss, but that's just an opinion) when push comes to shove, imo. If it ain't broke, don't go fixing it.
Yoshi's spritework, however...
Is a different story. Kill Me
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 5:34 am

I really enjoy yoshi besides his sprites. He also has some cool combos, like down grab, down b. Egg roll is also good for follow ups because you can cancel out of it instantly (unlike other smash games .-.) and up tilt can lead to some cool combos too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yoshi Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoshi Discussion   Yoshi Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Yoshi Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1