View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

Bowser Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Like I said, I would much rather have more moves based on what he actually does in the game rather than some stupid thing like the Flying Slam and Koopa Klaw. Ideas for attacks include (But are not limited to)
Throwing a multitude of smaller hammers in a sharp arc for his side special, which would apply some great shield pressure due to each hammer wearing down the shield considerably
The "Perfect!" punch attack from Bowser's Inside Story for his Side Smash
Rolling into a spike ball like one of his abilities in Bowser's Inside Story for his Dash attack
Ducking and hurting anyone who touches his spikes for his Up Tilt, like one of his dodge options in Bowser's Inside Story
A bite attack from Super Mario RPG & Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Old Door for his Side tilt to make it different from his new Side Smash

And finally, a slightly farfetched one: Have him use the Clown Car in his Up B. This won't make him go any higher or change any hitboxes, but rather be a way to make it look more different from his Nair and Down Smash.

Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 10:53 pm

I like most of your ideas except for the up-tilt idea simply because as a defense with no actual motion involved besides getting into prone, it doesn't seem like a very wise offensive option and as a defensive option it sounds kinda predictable. Making Bowser go into a prone for his up-tilt is sort of awkward.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 11:56 pm

I like the Mellon's ideas

Also for Nspecial if taps quickly the special button bowser launch fireballs Like Megaman's Nspecial

Last edited by CJ on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 12:02 am

Sounds good to me!

Supporting Mellon's idea
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 12:11 am

Eh, I'm not really feeling Mellon's idea.
I mean, yeah, Bowser never used Koopa Klaw or Bowsercide in any game, but what's to say that Bowser isn't able to use them?
I mean, he could very easily be able to use them, but simply chooses not to.
I mean, come on, Bowser does have the needed claws for Koopa Klaw or the needed strength for...well, absolutely every wrestler attack Bowser does in Smash.
Speaking of: Sakurai made Bowser in Smash a lot like a wrestler.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 2:18 am

I'll have to agree with Trinitro. Bowser clearly has claws and teeth and horns that he can use as attacks. Why pretend they're not there?

Also, since when does Bowser need a projectile? He already has brute strength and can KO pretty early in many of his attacks. Why give him another advantage?
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:52 am

I like the idea for the Bowser's inside story attacks, since Bowser has the most character in that game and Paper Mario.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:26 pm

I actually agree with Trinitro on this. Bowser does feel good as he is, and it'd only make sense for him to attack with purely offensive natural protrusions from his body. It'd be like if Vile (from MMX) only used a pistol in the MMX series, and then people complain that he uses his shoulder cannon for some attacks if he was in Smash; It's a natural offensive part of his body, why shouldn't he use it?

Plus he's just plain fun as a tank.

If anything, I'd just like a more natural run animation, though the ground skid is alright for nostalgic reasons as well.

One major change I'd like would be to have his F-Smash be his giant punch from M&L:BIS. Functionally, it could work exactly the same (explosion upon contact and all), but it would be a much more character-true representation as a whole. The sprites are already there too, since the punch is used as his F-Throw, but it feels wonky having it be there, especially as his opponent just stands there waiting to be fed a fist sandwich. Plus, Bowser always winds up or "charges" his punch, like that of a Smash Attack, and the headbutt would look more natural than a winding punch for his F-Throw.

Basically swap the animation for F-Throw and F-Smash, with a winding up animation for the new F-Smash (which already exists to the public as sprites).
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Time to bring this thread back now that i'm on the forums.
As discussed earlier, Bowser really needs a new side special, like one used in a Mario game.
I think he could use the punch used against Dark Bowser in M&L Bowser's Inside Story.
(Here's what it looks like: https://youtu.be/VRBXiSMVKCg?t=1441)
It would act a lot like Little Mac's neutral special in Smash 4.
Another idea I have is if Bowser uses his neutral special in the air, it would shoot a single blue fireball instead of a big wave.
(Here's what it looks like: https://youtu.be/pbMAnW9lyYk?t=685)
Overall I think that Bowser should just resemble himself in Smash 4 a bit more. His weight and speed just feel perfect in that game.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 4:42 pm

I'd love that punch, that thing is satisfying as hell.

...Buuut they put a watered-down, less-satisfying version of it over his F-Throw.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Bowser definitively feels the most enjoyable in Sm4sh, with project M a close 2nd because it actually feels like a balanced out Melee/Brawl Bowser.

I would like him changed, but it's undeniable the level of attachment there is for the older movesets.
My proposal would be a compromise. Give Bowser a new moveset while the old one is given to an Alt of him (perhaps a Dry Bowser Alt Skin. that would be sick). This is probably just a dream though, cause it involves new sprites for both Bowser and Alt Bowser.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Athorment wrote:
Bowser definitively feels the most enjoyable in Sm4sh, with project M a close 2nd because it actually feels like a balanced out Melee/Brawl Bowser.

I would like him changed, but it's undeniable the level of attachment there is for the older movesets.
My proposal would be a compromise. Give Bowser a new moveset while the old one is given to an Alt of him (perhaps a Dry Bowser Alt Skin. that would be sick). This is probably just a dream though, cause it involves new sprites for both Bowser and Alt Bowser.

If we're doing that, it'd be best to switch the movesets.

Which probably means that'll never happen.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:35 am

Just saw this really good assessment on Bowser's strengths and weaknesses (while also rectifying the issues)
Most of these issues still exist within Crusade, maybe even being worse (Crusade Bowser is even slower than Melee Bowser) I think these fixes could easily apply for Crusade as well. Bowser straight up has no chance against anyone with moderate speed and this isn't a very good thing if you want to keep everyone viable for competitive play.

Just give the video a view and tell me your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Discussion   Bowser Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowser Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2