Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestion for stage roster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jak

Klonoa

Suggestion for stage roster Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:40 pm

SmashKing201, me and few other forum members, have came up with this idea. The stage roster will not be finalized, allowing for changes after planning entirety of it. If a stage is not done yet, it can be replaced with another one.

What do you think about it?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Making planning everything out,

entirely pointless.
Back to top Go down
kingruler999
Level 3 CPU
kingruler999

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 pm

I agree with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 pm

We should have a poll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Cool Story Bro, generic.

Agree with Jaklub.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:27 pm

It's easier to collect data by having a poll.
There's no harm in it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

not necessarily Generic. remember that poll votes are anonymous. Its easier to see who agrees to it or not without it and just sticking with post.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 pm

If everything is up on the table to be changed, then we shouldn't waste a bunch of time finalizing a huge stage roster.
New stages suggested should be put up to a vote or something so it doesn't end up like Congo Jungle and have one person add it in without any input from others. I mean, at least Jak posted the idea for Excitebike on the chat and had an overall positive response from it before work was started on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:47 pm

SmashKing201 wrote:
not necessarily Generic. remember that poll votes are anonymous. Its easier to see who agrees to it or not without it and just sticking with post.
But not every person decides to take time out of their day to post. Voting is much more simpler.

Aside from that, there's not much I can argue about that SP hasn't already said, lol.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:47 am

I agree with this. There is, after all, mch planning to be done still regarding it.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:40 am

I'm concerned this will only make matters worse. Stages are coded almost as soon as they are made. Thus, we could end up in many more Congo Jungle situations.

It's not that stages are made that no one likes... I mean, I'm sure we'd rather have Congo Jungle than no stage at all. The problem is that no comparisons are made - We only have room for so many stages. Everyone may approve Congo Jungle, DK Jr, Battle Frontier, etc individually, but when compared to a better option, suddenly that stage is no longer favored. We've seen that already multiple times. If this happens, stages that seem good at first glance will get in, and the stage roster will end up unbalanced in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:38 am

I don't agree to this. Let's just finalize the Stage Roster, and make a potential list for CrusaDLC Stages, which are unlimited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:04 am

I just realized a similar scenario:
What if a character that wasn't on the roster was finished and everyone wanted him to be in Crusade? Let's take Sox's finished Bullet Bill. Would it be fair to have Bullet Bill replace Bowser Jr., because he's finished before BJ? Absolutely not. The same goes with stages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:19 am

Dont mess with the stages. If you have a good diea, and is sprited, we can code it.

And dont come with the Kongo Jungle shit now. it was on the roster.

Last edited by The Cursed One on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Enough of your crap. Another outbreak and you will be temp-banned. I don't give a rat's ass if that's the way you talk, it's out of line.)
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 am

No.
Sorry bro.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:55 am

Felipe_9000 wrote:
GO to hell guys, really, dont mess with the stages. If you have a good diea, and is sprited, we can code it.

And dont come with the Kongo Jungle shit now. it was on the roster.

Felipe, with all due respect, that is a bad idea you are suggesting. See this is the problem. This is one of the reasons why the stage roster discussion was revived in the first place.

We can't just throw in whatever is available. What if the next 10 stages are like 7 Mario stages & 3 F-Zero stages that have complete sprites? Are we just going to throw that in there? Doing something like this will only break the balance of the stage roster.

Plus, one of the reason for the revival of the stage roster discussion thread is so that we can all decide on stages that everyone can agree to. Not just what stages, but also the concept, what it represents, & to make sure that each series gets a fair number of stages. If we go by your method by just putting in whatever we can find, then it is just not fair for the community as a whole.

This issue relates in a way to how the character roster was back on proboards. Back then, most of the characters like Chun-Li & Gooey only got on the roster cause they had available sprites. Mind you that its not the best way to decide on what should be in a game or not.

Seriously though, the choices for the stage roster should be taken as serious as the character roster since both elements play a part on what makes smash bros special in the fighting genre

Back to top Go down
x2WiN
Level 3 CPU
x2WiN

ThomasTerminator

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:07 pm

You guys need to come to an agreement on how to deal with the stage roster. I honestly think taking a community vote on the stages would work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.terminationgaming.com/
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Why rush? There still plenty of time to talk about stages. We will have around 8-9 months untill 0.9 comes out, which will be vital to coming up with proper desicions regarding the stage roster.

The current stage roster has clearly not had not much thought put into it. The community hadn't had the time to comment on it and shape it.

I say, revive discussion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:49 pm

We still need a poll, really. .-.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Last post was deleted due to Spam.

No one is above the rules, Felipe, not even you.

On-Topic: A poll might be best. If there are more in favor, I will add one to the topic.
Back to top Go down
Equinox
Level 5 CPU
Equinox

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:08 am

Yes, a poll will show who wants what to happen.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:49 pm

The main reason why I talked to SK about the idea is that it rushes the ideas. I'm not going to force myself to think of a good stage idea just because right now there are 4 days users are allowed to give them to rep a specific franchise.

Another problem is how the Stage Roster and discussions about it look like. Right now it's pretty much like "k mario stages what quantity? k what stages? vote now. k mario stage roster finalized ok we won't change anything thank you for your support", all happening within a week. This is not good, and it is proved by the fact that even now 4 of 7 Mario stages are essentially grasslands. Stages should be chosen more with interesting design and variety in mind, not just repping games and characters. As SK mentioned, "both [stages and characters] elements play a part on what makes smash bros special in the fighting genre".

Stages also take considerably less effort to create than characters. People once wanted to drop Chun-Li. Why not pass stages to CrusaDLC when there are better ones around?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Jaklub wrote:
The main reason why I talked to SK about the idea is that it rushes the ideas. I'm not going to force myself to think of a good stage idea just because right now there are 4 days users are allowed to give them to rep a specific franchise.

Another problem is how the Stage Roster and discussions about it look like. Right now it's pretty much like "k mario stages what quantity? k what stages? vote now. k mario stage roster finalized ok we won't change anything thank you for your support", all happening within a week. This is not good, and it is proved by the fact that even now 4 of 7 Mario stages are essentially grasslands. Stages should be chosen more with interesting design and variety in mind, not just repping games and characters. As SK mentioned, "both [stages and characters] elements play a part on what makes smash bros special in the fighting genre".

Stages also take considerably less effort to create than characters. People once wanted to drop Chun-Li. Why not pass stages to CrusaDLC when there are better ones around?
This, so very much.

It becomes a problem when people choose stages not based on their design, but based on what they're most familiar with.
Back to top Go down
SSBPC CD
Level 4 CPU
SSBPC CD

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:34 pm

SmashKing201 wrote:
I vote in most poll's that are made in the forum's
I don't like to make post saying i vote for option 1 or 2 because it seem to just be spam also a poll makes it easier to keep track of vote's
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:58 pm

I don't really like this idea, so I'll have to say no on my part.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Jaklub wrote:

Agreed for the most part... but, instead of your idea, how about this:

- We continue as we are now, choosing stages for each franchise, etc etc.
- This stage list is, say, 75% final.
- At this point, stages CAN be replaced, but there needs to be enough support for the replacement, and the replacement must make sense and keep the balance.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 am

RoyMaster4 wrote:
Agreed for the most part... but, instead of your idea, how about this:

- We continue as we are now, choosing stages for each franchise, etc etc.
- This stage list is, say, 75% final.
- At this point, stages CAN be replaced, but there needs to be enough support for the replacement, and the replacement must make sense and keep the balance.
I think it's fine and pretty similar to what was in the OP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for stage roster   Suggestion for stage roster Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for stage roster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1