HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Hello. This is my first idea for a possible character for SSBC.

Princess Daisy (Super Mario Strikers):

Why I support her?
Princess Daisy is my most favourite Princess from the Super Mario franchise. I like her too much by her tomboy, cool, tough, brave, and fresh personality, which contrasts very well with Peach's calm personality. Also, due to her potential in sport games (especially Super Mario Strikers), I think she has the enough potential for fighting. Not only Peach and Rosalina can fight. The sporty princess could be also good for fighting.

-Look: Her uniform from Super Mario Strikers (http://www.mariowiki.com/images/f/fc/SMSArt.PNG)

Normal Moves:
-Neutral (Attack Button x1): Punch
-Neutral (Attack Button x2): Double Punch
-Neutral (Attack Button x3): Kick
-Side: Side Kick
-Up: Uppercut
-Down: Sweep Kick

-Dash Move: Slide Kick

Aerial Moves:
-Neutral: Flying roundhouse kick
-Up: Bicycle Kick
-Front: Flying punch
-Back: Drop kick
-Down: Diving down with a flying side kick

-Grabs:
-Pummel: Punches the enemy
-Front: Daisy kicks the enemy
-Up: Daisy throws the enemy, and she gives him a hit with a tennis racket
-Back: Daisy throws the opponent like if he/she was a basketball ball
-Down: Daisy delivers a karate chop to the enemy

-Smash Attacks:
-Left/Right: Daisy delivers a roundhouse kick
-Up: Daisy uses a tennis racket for hit the enemy
-Down: Daisy jumps and she delivers an axe kick

Special Moves:
-Neutral Special: Striker Kick: Daisy unleashes a soccer ball. Then, she charges her energy, and she kicks the ball, launching it as a fireball against her enemy. The ball can even attack more than only one enemy at once.

-Side Special: Hurricane Hammer: Daisy takes a giant hammer, and she starts to spin, attacking her enemies.

-Up Special: Jet Striker Kick: Daisy jumps very high using her shoes, and later, she delivers a flying kick to her opponent in midair.

-Down Special: Ice Breath: Daisy starts to blow a powerful breath which freezes her opponent.

-Final Smash: Torpedo Strike: Daisy runs and, when intercepting an opponent, she delivers a kick, trapping them while throwing multiple punches and kick combos, with a roundhouse kick at the end. The Final Smash finishes with Daisy charging her energies and kicking a soccer ball which flies as a powerful giant fireball that impacts on the enemy, and launches them upwards, dealing high knockback.

-Stage Entrance: She appears magically with her orange dress, for later, magically, changing to her Striker uniform.

-Taunt: She spins and makes a V sign, and later, she says her famous quote: "Hi! I'm Daisy!"

-Victory Quote: She jumps proudly three times, and later, she makes a V signal and says: "I'm A Super Star!"

-Victory Theme: Super Mario series Victory Theme (a remix of the Stage Clear Theme from Super Mario Bros.)

What do you think? Comment, please.

Last edited by MarioStrikerMurphy1994 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Change your title to Princess Daisy (Mario) Discussion. Sorry, its the rules. And also check if someone already made the post.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:24 am

*sees a Daisy suggestion topic*
No. Just no. She does not deserve to be playable or even be an assist trophy!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:51 am

Did you feel the need at all to comment on this with an unhelpful, rude comment?

I'm just asking because if you can't even back up your most likely biased claims you should just leave the guy alone.

This thread is breaking the rules, however, so it SHOULD be removed.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Can't it be argued that Daisy should have been in before Waluigi?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Daisy is a decent choice for another Mario character, but I don't like the specials presented, and the fact that she's portrayed as a primarily Strikers rep.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:56 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
Change your title to Princess Daisy (Mario) Discussion. Sorry, its the rules. And also check if someone already made the post.

Done
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:58 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:

Why're you believing this? Daisy is a cool character, and I don't see any reason why she mustn't be playable...
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:18 pm

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

Why're you believing this? Daisy is a cool character, and I don't see any reason why she mustn't be playable...
Don't worry about it. You get used to Trinitro.

For real though, Waluigi takes care of the whole sports moveset that she would have. And Strikers is one of the worst choices for her moveset. I love the games, but there are far better choices.

Basically, everything she can do Waluigi does better.

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Can't it be argued that Daisy should have been in before Waluigi?
I wouldn't think so, no.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:33 am

*sees thread title*
Still doing it wrong. Daisy does not originate from Super Mario Strikers, but from Super Mario Land.
And now I'll explain why I am completely against Daisy.

First off, she debuted in a Mario game not made by Shigeru Miyamoto, which also was pretty mediocre.
Second off, when she was created, she was nothing more than a rip-off of Peach.
Third off, even to this day, Daisy is nothing more than an unimaginative, boring and extremely annoying Peach clone and nothing else, while Waluigi is at least unique and a much better Mario spin-offs representant than someone who always was and always will be nothing more than a Peach clone.

So yeah, there are my reasons. I will not support Daisy.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
*sees thread title*
Still doing it wrong. Daisy does not originate from Super Mario Strikers, but from Super Mario Land.
Actually, the title would still be wrong. You're supposed to place the franchise in brackets, not the game the character originated from. So in other words it should say: Princess Daisy (Super Mario Bros.) Discussion.

I'm also against the idea of Daisy's inclusion, especially since Waluigi is already in. Even if we had to decide between the two I still think Waluigi has played larger roles than Daisy (he was the main antagonist in a few spin-off titles after all).
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 8:11 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
*sees thread title*

First off, she debuted in a Mario game not made by Shigeru Miyamoto, which also was pretty mediocre.
Second off, when she was created, she was nothing more than a rip-off of Peach.
Third off, even to this day, Daisy is nothing more than an unimaginative, boring and extremely annoying Peach clone and nothing else, while Waluigi is at least unique and a much better Mario spin-offs representant than someone who always was and always will be nothing more than a Peach clone.

So yeah, there are my reasons. I will not support Daisy.
Wait, there's like, a Mario canon now? Hideo Kojima must make all MGS games is now Miyamoto makes all Mario games?
Well, we know how that went. Thanks to Sticker Star.

How was she a "Peach clone"? She is the opposite of the elegant and calm Peach. Unless you're telling me she was a clone stat-wise? Which is, honestly, pathetic.

Many feel that Waluigi is the same exact thing to Luigi, by the way. But many others, including I, love the purple fella. Just so you know, one of our own characters, if not more, is thought by a few (idiots) to be a bland unimaginative clone.

Do I agree Waluigi's a better Sports rep? Yep. Do I agree with literally anything else in your post? Nope.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 9:51 am

TBH I always felt that Waluigi should've been Tennis and other Waluigi things. (Such as swimming in nothing and becoming a tornado)

Daisy should've repped everything else. This includes: Baseball, Soccer, Golf, Volleyball, Hockey, Dodgeball, and maybe even Mario Kart, and Mario Party.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 9:10 pm

I edited Daisy's moveset, adding Neutral, Dash, Aerial, Grab and Smash Attacks if you wanted to see a complete moveset...
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:17 pm

I edited Daisy's moveset, adding Neutral, Dash, Aerial, Grab and Smash Attacks if you wanted to see a complete moveset...
Didn't realize Daisy was a master of karate. Are you sticking to the source material?
Back to top Go down
UnknownRC
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Maybe some of Daisy attack and final smash should be flowers attack
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:27 pm

UnknownRC wrote:
Maybe some of Daisy attack and final smash should be flowers attack

No stereotypes, please...
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:28 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Didn't realize Daisy was a master of karate. Are you sticking to the source material?

I'm trying to avoid making Daisy a clone of Peach or Rosalina...Right?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:

Uh, so you made her a master of karate? That's just plain out ignoring her character, not trying to declone her, dude.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

Uh, so you made her a master of karate? That's just plain out ignoring her character, not trying to declone her, dude.

Ok...

I'm trying to give her my own personal fighting style...Right?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

Ok...

I'm trying to give her my own personal fighting style...Right?
What's with the ..Right?

Your own personal fighting style is...not very good, for Daisy. Why not incorporate more Strikers and Baseball style moves for some of her neutrals?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 7:51 pm

To be fair, I can imagine Daisy doing this kind of stuff, as she's more athletically inclined than peach. It doesn't really make her unique, though..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion   Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Princess Daisy (Super Mario) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1