Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion   Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:01 am

So as some of you know, my first character request on here was Grovyle from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2, as that is one of my favorite games of all time. Well if he is ever added, I think the Mystery Dungeon series should get a stage to go along with the character! And the first place that came to my mind was the Hidden Land.

Spoiler:

The stage should start on the Sea of Time, where Lapras and the Rainbow starship (See images) takes the players to the hidden land. Lapras acts as a stable platform, while the Rainbow starship hovers above it, going back and forth slowly.

Spoiler:

Eventually, the Starship speeds up and Lapras is left behind, forcing players to move to the Starship. This small fighting space doesn't last long, however, as the players come to the forest-like part of the Hidden Land (See first picture). This section autoscrolls for a short while before reaching the last part of the Hidden land: The pedestal. When the players arrive, the Rainbow Starship deactivates and lands in the center to create a battle arena, similar to the Punch-Out!! stage but without the ropes and lights. On random occasions in this section, hordes of Sableye will appear from the staircases and ambush the fighters for a short while.

Spoiler:

Now, if this is enough for a stage, we could just have the Rainbow Starship reactivate after a while and take the players back to the Sea of time section. However, I suggest that the Starship takes you to Temporal Tower instead!

Spoiler:

The fighters abandon the Rainbow Starship and briefly fight on a shortend version of the pathway shown above before eventually reaching the base of the tower (Which should be in it's partially broken state shown in the first picture.) The players make their way up to the top by jumping on rocks, stuck in place from time stopping everywhere (As you can see in the picture). This section doesn't last long, however, as the fighters eventually reach the top of Temporal Tower.

Spoiler:

This is, once again, a Final Destination-like arena, only that the tips of the pillars are actually platforms. After a slightly longer while than the rest of the arenas, Primal Dialga appears and uses Roar of Time, which warps the players back to the first section of the level.

Whew, this took way too long to write. So, what do you think? Too long? What parts should be removed/added/changed?

Last edited by Mellon on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed the Pedestal section a lot.)
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion   Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Ooooo, a transistion stage. I support.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion   Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 6:17 am

I also support this, but please, make the pedestal part walk-off.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion   Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:17 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
I also support this, but please, make the pedestal part walk-off.
Done. I guess I just wanted the stage to be more "Tournament friendly"
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion   Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:17 am

I never really understood what is so "tournament unfriendly" about walk-offs.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion   Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:35 am

One key reason is chain-grabs. Any character with one can chaingrab you straight into the blastzone. There's also camping to be considered. A viable walk-off strategy when your opponent is at higher percent than you (which can be achieved by projectile camping in the first place) would be sitting near the blast zone and spamming projectiles and spacing tools, forcing them to come near you, at which point you grab and back throw for an instant kill, or find a way past them and attack towards the blast zone. You do this while your percent is much lower than yours, making the risk of dying yourself low.

Walk-offs also completely take out the off-stage recovery v edgeguards game, a huge facet of competitive play and would completely change how every matchup plays out.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion   Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:52 am

Honestly, if you ever play All-star on Smash 4 all you need to do is stand by the blastzones and wait until they get close enough for a grab+back throw. Kills at 0%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion   Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Hidden Land/Temporal Tower (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2) discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1