HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ryu Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SP

cellularSP

Ryu Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 12:57 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Ryu's victory theme in Crusade doesn't sound like a SNES song.

Game is instantly ruined. Uninstalled
Okay, now seriously: What is it with people and missing my point?
What I said is that Ryu's victory theme in Crusade is ont the one linked Falcon8r.
And now that I found out where Ryu's Victory theme in Crusade came from, I now haven even less of a reason to like it.
Why the hell would Ryu have something from that steaming pile of goatpuke called Street Fighter x Tekken as his victory theme?! Does something like quality control even exist?
Oh wait, it doesn't, because if it would have existed, then the awful ZSS and Krystal sprites would have never existed.

I guess I just do not understand your point. You are salty that the Street Fighter victory theme isn't from the SNES, but rather from Street Fighter x Tekken. You're making a huge deal out of it like it ruins Ryu or something. Then you somehow link us using something from that game means we have no quality control. I guess I don't understand your logic there.

The current dev team did not originally include the ZSS and Krystal sprites, and every other character whose sprites are bad. The old dev team did. Unless you want them removed altogether, they are there to stay until they get resprites. If we did not care about quality control, we wouldn't be trying to improve the game through resprites and trying for an overall style. Characters like Ryu, Kirby, Mario, etc. would never have gotten resprites like they do now.

At the end of the day, Ryu's victory theme is what it is. If you really do not like it, there is nothing stopping you from replacing the file in the music folder. There's also nothing stopping us from changing it down the road.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 12:01 am

No.
I'm salty that the Victory Theme is something from Street Fighter x Tekken, which isn't even a REAL Street Fighter game, but...well, a crossover between Street Fighter and Tekken (hence the name).
I mean, Klonoa also uses a theme based on his source game instead of something from Namco x Capcom.
Additionally, we already have a good replacement, so why not just, ya'know, use it?
Back to top Go down
TSF.Strife
Level 3 CPU
TSF.Strife

WulfenGale

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 7:24 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
No.
I'm salty that the Victory Theme is something from Street Fighter x Tekken, which isn't even a REAL Street Fighter game, but...well, a crossover between Street Fighter and Tekken (hence the name).
I mean, Klonoa also uses a theme based on his source game instead of something from Namco x Capcom.
Additionally, we already have a good replacement, so why not just, ya'know, use it?

To sum up his point:

"I'm salty because I don't get what I want".

The victory theme seriously isn't a big deal.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 10:13 am

CSWooly wrote:
To sum up his point:

OH MY GOD, WHY IS EVERYONE KEEP ON MISSING MY POINT, JESUS CHRIST?
Seriously, it's not even funny anymore!
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 11:15 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
CSWooly wrote:
To sum up his point:

OH MY GOD, WHY IS EVERYONE KEEP ON MISSING MY POINT, JESUS CHRIST?
Seriously, it's not even funny anymore!

Nobody is "missing your point", you don't like it because it's not from an actual Street Fighter game.

And frankly, no one here gives a damn. As mentioned before, if you really, *really* don't like it, you can change it yourself. It's not even that hard. Once before, I changed Shadow's victory theme into the Shadow the Hedgehog stage clear theme, along with making Wright's victory theme a clip from his MvC3 theme and giving Bowser and Petey the evil-themed Mario franchise victory theme from Smash 4. And heyyy, guess what? I did the same for Ryu and Chun-Li too.

I did all of this in under a day.

You are missing our point; you're whining over nothing. You can replace it whenever you want with whatever you want, it's even easier than installing Project M.

Tl;dr version, your complaint's already been addressed and you can change it yourself to whatever you want.

Now, for something that's a bit more relevant; I like Ryu's SSBC moveset, but are there any plans to adapt some concepts from his SSB4 incarnation, such as having the two Final Smashes range-dependent (which would make me use his current Shin Shoryuken-Shin Tatsumakisempukyaku combo much more often) or incorporating Street Fighter commands (which would work nicely as a means of activating EX moves imho)?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 11:20 am

I know I can change it myself, but I want the change to be official.
However, I guess I'll stop now, because appearantly, I'm talking to a wall anyway.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 11:24 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
I know I can change it myself, but I want the change to be official.
However, I guess I'll stop now, because appearantly, I'm talking to a wall anyway.

I can understand wanting the change to be official. Really, I do. I want Ganondorf's Warlock Blade to be his default N-Spec. But considering how I can always just change it anyways, I don't mind it. And hey, changing the victory theme is both less tedious and more permanent than having to constantly turn on customs, never selecting random, and only ever playing offline.

My point is that it's not that big a deal. I get you, I sympathize with you, but I also know that it's not worth getting worked up about.

It's not that your audience is a wall, it's that you're doing what is essentially a crusade against Sonic with blue arms (even though you can make his arms tan again at any time), if that makes any sense. It's something really really minor that isn't permanent which you can also change at any time anyways.

But thank you for deciding to end the topic.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 12:06 pm

Yeah...actually, I didn't even knew that victory themes can be replaced...
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 12:10 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Yeah...actually, I didn't even knew that victory themes can be replaced...

They can be, yes. Just go into music/victory and insert your own sound file under the same name as the franchise's name or directory (in this case, "sf"). It can be any type of sound file, if I'm not mistaken, but I'm 100% certain that .ogg and .mp3 files work perfectly. You can even add individual victory themes by adding one under in music/victory/individual and naming the sound file the character's name (for example, "ryu.mp3"). ^_^
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Thanks, just checked, and now I'm hit with a shock:
The Street Fighter victory theme is required to be OGG, and sadly, I still need to figure out how to convert MP3 into OGG without any issues...
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 9:45 am

Seriously? Huh. I'll try it again, it worked fine for me.

EDIT: No, MP3s work just as fine. It's just that the default sound file for it is .ogg, though any sound file type is completely viable (so for example, "sf.ogg' and "sf.mp3" both work as the Street Fighter victory themes, but you have to get rid of the other first since so they don't conflict). ^_^

Last edited by Shiruza on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Ah, okay. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:09 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Ah, okay. Thanks.

No problem! Glad we settled this in a more productive manner, sorry for being aggressive at the start. ^_-'"

But anyways, back to the topic I'd previously brought up; Is there any interest in incorporating any of the gimmicks that Ryu brings to the table in Smash 4, perhaps with the classic Street Fighter commands as a different way to activate EX Attacks?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Shiruza wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Ah, okay. Thanks.

No problem! Glad we settled this in a more productive manner, sorry for being aggressive at the start. ^_-'"

But anyways, back to the topic I'd previously brought up; Is there any interest in incorporating any of the gimmicks that Ryu brings to the table in Smash 4, perhaps with the classic Street Fighter commands as a different way to activate EX Attacks?

I recall PH almost immediately incorporating some things from SSB4's Ryu onto our Street Fighter characters after Ryu's mechanics were defined by Sakurai, you'd have to consult with him though
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 8:30 pm

I will be bringing in some Smash 4 things without taking out any of our own Ryu things. Details will come eventually.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 11:34 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
I will be bringing in some Smash 4 things without taking out any of our own Ryu things.  Details will come eventually.

Alright, that's very exciting to hear! Looking forward to the next update! ^-^
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 11:38 pm

Will Ryu at least have his Joudan Sokutogeri Forward Smash from Street Fighter 3 and Smash 4?
It's weird that Ryu has stuff from Alpha, SF2 and SF4, but absolutely nothing from SF3, which is quite important in the Street Fighter history.
Just like the SF2 victory theme.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 10:48 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Will Ryu at least have his Joudan Sokutogeri Forward Smash from Street Fighter 3 and Smash 4?
It's weird that Ryu has stuff from Alpha, SF2 and SF4, but absolutely nothing from SF3, which is quite important in the Street Fighter history.
Just like the SF2 victory theme.

I agree with the Joudan Sokutogeri part of this. It feels weird having only Evil Ryu have it, since Evil Ryu isn't even capable of preforming it in games where Ryu can. I'd suggest swapping Evil Ryu and Ryu's F-Smashes, if anything.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 10:57 am

Good idea. I actually didn't even knew that E.Ryu in Crusade has Joudan Sokutogeri.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 11:02 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Good idea. I actually didn't even knew that E.Ryu in Crusade has Joudan Sokutogeri.

Thanks! Yeah, it's his F-Smash. Kind of confusing, really. ^_-'"

But I actually really, really like how the rest of Ryu controls in Crusade. Arguably more so than SSB4! I think adding the SF commands as an alternate method of executing EX attacks (read; not replacing the already-existing Smash Specials mechanic) would be a nice easter egg, as well as changing his F-Smash, but aside from that I really like what PH and the team have done (especially the SF4 sounds). I really don't think much else needs to be done. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Shiruza wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

But I actually really, really like how the rest of Ryu controls in Crusade. Arguably more so than SSB4! I think adding the SF commands as an alternate method of executing EX attacks (read; not replacing the already-existing Smash Specials mechanic) would be a nice easter egg, as well as changing his F-Smash, but aside from that I really like what PH and the team have done (especially the SF4 sounds). I really don't think much else needs to be done. ^-^

This can actually hurt a player sometimes if you aren't thinking about it. If I try to do from crouching to dash attack or ftilt, I will always get a hadouken instead.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Leafyon wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

This can actually hurt a player sometimes if you aren't thinking about it. If I try to do from crouching to dash attack or ftilt, I will always get a hadouken instead.

I tend to attack more deliberately, so I don't really run into that. But I can understand the potential for error there. Maybe as a toggle-able option, if the dev team is feeling a bit generous?

I don't really care about that so long as the Jouden Sokutogeri is given to normal Ryu, though.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:07 pm

I think allowing the SF inputs to EX moves only to work with the B button and not A button would get rid of that problem.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
I think allowing the SF inputs to EX moves only to work with the B button and not A button would get rid of that problem.

Good idea, it would especially fit with the idea of it being alt for EX moves, considering the only current method.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Ryu is one of my most favourite characters ever.

Frankly, it was unexpected seeing him in a SSB game (altought it'll be take some years for adding him of an official form in SSB4); however, it's sure that he's a good addition to the game.

However, about changes, how about putting his Final Smashes in a same character, like in SSB4, instead giving him Alternates with Final Smashes?
Back to top Go down
Malkasaur

Malkasaur

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:52 am

Don't know if anybody knows about it, but Ryu can cancel his shoryuken with a focus attack if he gets a hit with it, or hits with another move and cancels that into shoryuken. Also, if he cancels it, he can shoryuken again if he is in the air.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:54 pm

Striker, the idea is having alts that just have a different FS is to make it feel like choosing an Ultra in SF4 (Or at least something like that).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Discussion   Ryu Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryu Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2