View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:13 am

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Klonoa.
Back to top Go down
armatage
Level 3 CPU
armatage

[i]N/A[/i]

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Curious as to why they're using PS1 era Klonoa rather than Wii version
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Although Nintendo games pushed Klonoa further into the field of consideration, most people remember Klonoa for his older games.
Back to top Go down
armatage
Level 3 CPU
armatage

[i]N/A[/i]

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:17 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Although Nintendo games pushed Klonoa further into the field of consideration, most people remember Klonoa for his older games.
fair enough.
Though I have a separate question renegading balance (actually two) what can Klanoa's neutral B be used for other than suspension and suiciding? While we're on the subject, why does his recovery have such long ending lag, it's like it just puts a sign on you saying "hit me"
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Klonoa's Neutral B is a large ranged grab move, you can carry the person around like DK's Cargo throw and then you can toss them forward or use the jump key to send them downward, to their doom if offstage.

Klonoa is a REALLY good character in a lot of ways, making his recovery easy to punish is part of balancing him.
Back to top Go down
armatage
Level 3 CPU
armatage

[i]N/A[/i]

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Klonoa's Neutral B is a large ranged grab move, you can carry the person around like DK's Cargo throw and then you can toss them forward or use the jump key to send them downward, to their doom if offstage.

Klonoa is a REALLY good character in a lot of ways, making his recovery easy to punish is part of balancing him.
k, was rather confused about functionality.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Just wondering if there is an option available for this atire? If not please consider it as an alt for the future at least. I just always liked this design, Personal preference I guess.

Klonoa Discussion 340?cb=20090112194523

Probably just because it's his most used design, even to this day, Not counting the Wii remake. First appeared with Klonoa 2 just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:37 pm

I don't like his Down B. Can I recommend how he uses it in Namco X Capcom when on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Nert_Alert
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:27 pm

Am I the only one weirded out by his stock icon?
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 9:49 am

Not sure if it's just me but in the current version, Klonoa doesn't have his symbol. In game and during the results screen.
Back to top Go down
Nert_Alert
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:07 pm

SS_Maeweather wrote:
Not sure if it's just me but in the current version, Klonoa doesn't have his symbol. In game and during the results screen.

I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed that!
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Nert_Alert wrote:
Am I the only one weirded out by his stock icon?

Now you're saying this, buddy, you're not the only one.

This glitch is so strange...

But well...I hope in the next version, we can see his symbol...
Back to top Go down
Nert_Alert
Level 1 CPU

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 8:07 am

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:

But well...I hope in the next version, we can see his symbol...

I think his symbol was visible in the v9.1 trailer. I'd have to find a screnshot.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:10 am

Klonoa Discussion Klonoaresprite-png

I'd be willing to make this if I can even get a full sheet.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 11:51 am

I found out something interesting with Klonoa's recovery today. It is actually harder to counter than I thought; he has some pretty strong super armor throughout the entire (aerial) move, and it can reflect projectiles (so long that the "shield" is still up).
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 4:06 pm

yeah, same properties as grounded iirc.

Generally you'll want to punish it with a hard hit/spike.
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Just wondering if there is an option available for this atire? If not please consider it as an alt for the future at least. I just always liked this design, Personal preference I guess.

Probably just because it's his most used design, even to this day, Not counting the Wii remake. First appeared with Klonoa 2 just so you know.

yes plz
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 10:12 am

Xalciss wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:

yes plz

and there's more sprites of that one to.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 4:09 pm

Well, after messing about with Klonoa in a variety of matches, I feel like some changes (other than the 9.1 version) I'd like to make.

First of all, Wind Bullet (Current Neutral Special) should be switched to his regular Grab, and possibly be sped up. Along with this, one of his throws (forward maybe) could work similarly to DK's "Cargo," which will allow Klonoa to move around while holding the character in question.

So what about the Specials? Well, his current side special could be moved to his neutral special, and his Up Special could be split up into 2 moves: the grounded "Charge" variant and the "Air" variant, with some edits. The "new" Dash would be more powerful on the ground by launching opponents on a more horizontal angle, while using it in the air would behave as the current Grounded version, though with less distance. The modified Up Special behaves exactly the same in the air, while the "new" grounded version behaves similarly to Zelda's Neutral B; Klonoa would spin with the shield activated, reflecting projectiles while also dealing minor damage and knockback to nearby opponents.

Now why do I suggest these changes? Well, Wind Bullet is really just a novelty in Crusade as it lacks the speed or duration to get proper usage out of it. Putting it as a Grab will still make it handle as its original form, but allow it to not be just a novelty. The splitting of his Up Special would allow Klonoa to have a reflector w/o being too predictable with it, and allow him to have a more flexible recovery
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 6:35 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:

Now why do I suggest these changes? Well, Wind Bullet is really just a novelty in Crusade as it lacks the speed or duration to get proper usage out of it. Putting it as a Grab will still make it handle as its original form, but allow it to not be just a novelty. The splitting of his Up Special would allow Klonoa to have a reflector w/o being too predictable with it, and allow him to have a more flexible recovery
why not just increase the speed and duration, i think klonoa being able to grab in the air makes him unique. if his throw had more hitstun he'd even somewhat of a grappler.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 6:55 pm

I wouldn't remove the Air Grab. The Grab change would apply to the air grab as well.

As for the Duration/Speed change, I would prefer the move duration to scale with damage (Higher % means it takes longer to break out, like a traditional grab).
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Did you guys even read the Klonoa dev blog?
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Yes I did. Doesn't mean we can't suggest other potential changes

Real happy about the Hammer and recovery changes
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 8:50 pm

I mean the changes also include integrating Klonoa's unique grab game further into the existing moveset.

Different method, same result.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 8:27 am

He's telling you to make Wind Bullet the grab animation, because it's useless.
Back to top Go down
Jake10102006
Level 1 CPU
Jake10102006

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 10:44 am

Nix~ wrote:

Truthfully, I have to disagree with that! I think Klonoa's grab as it is now is perfectly fine! His Wind Bullet is a lovely gimmick that can make way for early kills off stage. But for stages that don't have anywhere to go downwards (Bowser's Castle for example), Klonoa's up throw is actually REALLY great. It has a sort of great risk high reward to it, something the Wind Bullet doesn't really have. And yes, I know the Wind Bullet causes people to be thrown to the side, but at lower percentages, people can break out of it a lot easier! Klonoa's grabs can make for easier kill confirms on the sides of stages!

Those are just my two cents though. If you guys want to make Klonoa's grabs more useful, maybe you can just allow characters at lower percentages have an easier time to break out of his Wind Bullet? I wouldn't want to drastically change Klonoa like everyone else has been suggesting! I honestly think his playstyle is great as is, it just needs polish!

EDIT: I meant to talk about allowing Characters to break out of Klonoa's Wind Bullet a lot faster. My apologies!
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 11:07 am

Jake10102006 wrote:
Nix~ wrote:

Truthfully, I have to disagree with that! I think Klonoa's grab as it is now is perfectly fine! His Wind Bullet is a lovely gimmick that can make way for early kills off stage. But for stages that don't have anywhere to go downwards (Bowser's Castle for example), Klonoa's up throw is actually REALLY great. It has a sort of great risk high reward to it, something the Wind Bullet doesn't really have. And yes, I know the Wind Bullet causes people to be thrown to the side, but at lower percentages, people can break out of it a lot easier! Klonoa's grabs can make for easier kill confirms on the sides of stages!

Those are just my two cents though. If you guys want to make Klonoa's grabs more useful, maybe you can just allow characters at lower percentages have an easier time to break out of his Wind Bullet? I wouldn't want to drastically change Klonoa like everyone else has been suggesting! I honestly think his playstyle is great as is, it just needs polish!

EDIT: I meant to talk about allowing Characters to break out of Klonoa's Wind Bullet a lot faster. My apologies!

Well, actually. By jumping while holding someone with Wind Bullet, you throw them downwards. Can make for some really dirty kills.
Back to top Go down
Jake10102006
Level 1 CPU
Jake10102006

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 11:22 am

Sk00ps wrote:
Well, actually. By jumping while holding someone with Wind Bullet, you throw them downwards. Can make for some really dirty kills.

I know that's the case! I actually tried to say that in my statement above. That must have slipped past my mind! Sorry about that! I was basically saying that Klonoa's throws (up throw specifically) are really great for walk off stages or stages that don't have too many ways to kill someone from down below. Basically, I'm saying that all of Klonoa's throws help make him have pelnty more options, changing them at all would be limiting him more!
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 12:06 pm

I'm actually saying the opposite of what you think I said. The grab is great, but Wind Bullet has very marginal use. Either make it better or remove it entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sk00ps

Sk00ps

N/A

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Nix~ wrote:
I'm actually saying the opposite of what you think I said. The grab is great, but Wind Bullet has very marginal use. Either make it better or remove it entirely.

I make great use of it when I use Klonoa. Heck, I use nearly every move he has in his arsenal aside fro USmash and DSmash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Klonoa Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klonoa Discussion   Klonoa Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Klonoa Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next