Mach Rider Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Mach Rider Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:19 am

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Mach Rider.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:27 pm

I've been playing this game forever and I still can't figure out how to make his down-special kick combo longer. I know you're supposed to tap the special button, but what's the timing supposed to be? I can't get it right, for the life of me...
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 8:39 am

Chaotic Chao wrote:
I've been playing this game forever and I still can't figure out how to make his down-special kick combo longer. I know you're supposed to tap the special button, but what's the timing supposed to be? I can't get it right, for the life of me...
I think you can't make it longer. Anyway, he could get a finishing kick like R.O.B does with his Side Special in Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U, only that the version in the air can do a spike at the end.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:28 pm

I know for a fact that I've extended the attack before by sheer luck. I just can't replicate it.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Thanks to Crusade, I can make one of my dreams true for any Smash game: a fight between Mach Rider and Captain Falcon.

However, if there could be any changes for him, I'm suggesting these:

-Side Special: Chain Slash: Mach Rider whips a chain around in slashing movements. Those slashes are electric, and finally, he stabs his chain in an opponent, exploding. (somewhat like a mix of Sheik's chain, and Marth's Dancing Blade)

-Up Special: Mach Kick: Now, this attack passes from Down Special to Up Special. However, in a mode similar to Wolf O'Donnell's Wolf Fire

-Down Special: Grenade: Mach Rider throws out a grenade to his opponent. This can also be charged.

(About the rest of his moveset, there's no trouble. However, if it's possible, make his Final Smash more easy of control, please...)

Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Side Special needs to stay, bike is too important to Mach Rider.
Up Special seems fine because I don't even remember his up special now...
Down Special would fit well and seems better than "I kick a lot now."
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:27 am

So if Mach Rider is a woman (it's heavily implied in Melee), then...why does Mach Rider has a male voice actor?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 6:52 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
So if Mach Rider is a woman (it's heavily implied in Melee), then...why does Mach Rider has a male voice actor?

If I may ask, where exactly do they imply this in Melee? It's not in the trophy description, that's for sure...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:38 am

Hmm...I'm pretty sure I found a source for that at some point, but I cannot find it again.
...I...better ask SourceGaming as to whenever they have a source for that.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:46 am

Dr. Mario X (one of the original devs) had a huge crush on Mach Rider and always thought he was male

that's why he has a male voice

also because mach rider possibly being female was never really a known or really cared about thing when mach rider was added
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:16 pm

I think Murphy's Chain Slash idea should be Down B. The kick thing as down B is Capitan Falcon's
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 10:32 pm

So, uh, not only do Mach Rider's sprites kinda suck, they're also blatant edits of Kenshiro from Jump Ultimate Stars. This is especially obvious with his Forward Y and Jump Y, which were blatantly copied for Mach Rider's down special and are probably the reason he has something so inexplicable for that. Kenshiro's B and Forward B were also turned into Mach Rider's jab combo, and the win pose became the taunt, and those are just the ones I immediately recognized (Ken was one of my JUS mains).

Mach Rider's still one of my favorite characters in Crusade right now, but geez.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 11:23 pm

obligatory "we know it's garbage we're working on it etc etc etc"
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:56 am

Yeah but the specific type of garbage is fairly unique
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:48 pm

I now know where MR's series symbol comes from. Just saying it out loud.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 7:30 pm

The wings on the side of the title screen logo?
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
The wings on the side of the title screen logo?

Yup XD. You're right XD
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 3:06 pm

I don't see how that's funny
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Hey guys! I came up with an Alternate moveset for Mach Rider! Please let me know what you guys think c:

Mach Rider Moveset proposal:
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Up Special based on death animation... Huh...

I mean it's way better than "He kicks up a lot."

So yeah I'll support that.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 1:46 am

Cool moveset
But why is there a random woman on the Mach Rider title screen
Also I saw you're on the dev team now Athorment (or I'm that oblivious that I never noticed), anyway, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 10:51 am

Braystar wrote:
Cool moveset
But why is there a random woman on the Mach Rider title screen
Also I saw you're on the dev team now Athorment (or I'm that oblivious that I never noticed), anyway, congratulations!

Supposedly, that is Mach Rider. They tried to pull a Metroid.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Yeah that better be reconed in a possible revival
ah what am I joking
Back to top Go down
For Glorious Fun
Level 2 CPU
For Glorious Fun

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 am

Based on the kicks, Mach Rider could be the missing Kamen Rider.

Also, Mach Rider for next F-Zero game.
Back to top Go down
Iron Joe
Level 2 CPU
Iron Joe

WarriorWare

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyWed May 03, 2017 9:11 am

Braystar wrote:
Yeah that better be reconed in a possible revival
ah what am I joking
I'm down with MR staying a woman tbh. Heh, more like MRS.
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 5:57 pm

I have a little buff idea for Mach Rider. For his neutral special, he should be able to duck down so he can hit some of the shorter opponents with his bullets.

Also, I think I might know where Mach Rider's voice, sprite, and moveset originated from. I think it originated from Mugen back in 2011. It could be vice versa, but if it was, I bet there would be a lot more voice clips in Crusade. He first joined Crusade back in v0.6, so I'll have to check the date, because the videos of Mugen I watched with him in it were all posted in 2011. But I still hope the voice stays because I like the voice a lot! But I hope for 9.2, he gets a resprite, and quite possibly a new moveset.

10/5/2018 edit: Nevermind, Mach Rider actually first appeared in v0.3, and that came out 6/15/2010 (at least that's what it says). So I think someone added Mach Rider to Mugen because of this game. But again, I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Patamon173
Level 1 CPU
Patamon173

Ness
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 11:58 am

I was hoping a final smash improvement of Mach Rider. Sorry for being tough Sad
Back to top Go down
SwitchStationX
Level 3 CPU
SwitchStationX

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Patamon173 wrote:
I was hoping a final smash improvement of Mach Rider. Sorry for being tough Sad

A new final smash would be nice, but I also want a new sprite, and a new moveset. I think neutral special and side special can stay, but I think his up and down specials should be changed.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 4:01 am

Seeing how Sakurai loves to use elements from their origin games, like he did with DHD, in Mach Rider's game there are oil drips, caltrops and exploding oil drums. You could remplace his current down special to down smash (in the ground) and down air (in the air), changing his current down air to side air. Now his new down special would be to set a exploding oil drum (1 at a time), which explodes with Mach rider's bullets or any fire attack, any heavy fall can damage the drum too, it is an heavy item, so you would throw it like if it was a crate, and when throw it would either spin 1 or 2 times before falling or roll in the ground. It can do heavy knockback if throw well, which means it could work as an edgeguard move aswell. The perfect way to use this move, however is with his oil drips, with down tilt you can spill oil on the ground up to 3 times. This move may seem as a defensive option at first since it makes the ground slippery and cover the opponent with oil (like Inking's tint, if that's even possible in the engine), but if you combine this with his oil drums and make it explode, the fire would extent to where you threw the oil, for a short period of time. Lastly, the caltrops would be his new side tilt, he throws these to the direction you're facing, they don't do a lot of knockback, but they do a good amount of stun, which means it can be used to approach or set more traps. In short, instead of being similar to Captain Falcon, he would have more range and be something between Falcon and Samus, maybe even Snake.

Oh and also, why don't implement Dareckt's Mach Rider resprite from CMC Patch 5 to the vanilla game? His moveset doesn't change at all and he looks great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mach Rider Discussion   Mach Rider Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Mach Rider Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1