AuthorMessage
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:29 am

Should we get one? Should I create one? Seriously, the last tier list made for Crusade was late 2012. With .9 coming soon, and with the new characters we received in it's test, it might be smart to make one. (Up to .9 test, obviously not .9 quite yet.)

Even the 2012 tier list is kind of... well... crappy. Lemme just give you a couple examples.

• Ryu is in D tier - Evil Ryu is in A tier. (Look at Traweezie's videos)
  • Porky is in C tier.
  • Bomberman and Toad are in D tier.
  • Gooey is in A+ tier.
  • Goku is in C tier.
  • Samus and Krystal are in A+ tier.

I'll admit, I haven't played .8.4 in a considerable amount of time, but has there been this many tweaks?

And I know most people won't pay attention to the tier list, (and that the wiki that hosts it was literally voted to be removed) but I personally believe they're an important component to any fighting game, and simply labeling them as useless or unneeded is ignorant.

(And apologies to any of the backroomers that made the old list.)
Back to top Go down
tb1024
Level 1 CPU

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:46 am

Let's wait until 0.9 to do it again. It's quite close. There's already much more than 4 new characters (0.9t + 0.9's entries at the Dev Blog). Klonoa, Pac Man, Crash Bandicoot, Ganon, Ashley... Too many toasters characters! And too many features! Now I expect that the developers are just importing eyecandy sprites or fixing bugs. This update is already monstrous.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:56 am

Yeah, the last tier list was made on 2012, and when Crusade 0.9 releases I think we need a new one.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:58 am

Yeah, definetely after 0.9 is released.
Back to top Go down
Dry

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:38 am

Believe it or not, the balancing team is doing its job description for 0.9. A dramatic change in the setup and membership of the balancing team means that we should, fingers crossed, have every character balanced to a satisfactory extent this time.

Obviously we won't be able to fully prevent the existence of a tier list, no one's perfect, but at least we can make its formation much harder Razz. But yeah, we're trying to make every character as good as each other, to the extent that that's possible while also making each character defined and interesting.

If you want to make a tier list for 0.9test, though, I think you can go on ahead. Could be fun. I'm not sure if it would be ever recognised as official coming from outside the backroom, but hey, could be interesting to see how you guys would rank the 0.9test characters.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 11:54 am

Not official if it didn't come from the back room, that's for sure. But if you guys feel like making your own tier lists, as Dry said it could definitely be interesting to see where the casual side ranks all the characters, especially after 0.9. Casual balance and competitive balance are interpreted two very different ways, and I'd like the game to be well balanced to both audiences.
Back to top Go down
Dry

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:04 pm

These people aren't necessarily "casual" players, and I'm pretty sure people like Hype definitely aren't.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Alright, thanks for the feedback. With .9 coming, I could only imagine the changes that'll come across the game.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 3:13 pm

As most people say, it should be done when .9 comes out, there are gonna be a lot of new characters and changes, like Tech Chases, and these will afect some characters, benefiting or harming them, so the new mechanics must be taken in consideration as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New tier list? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New tier list?   New tier list? Empty

Back to top Go down

New tier list?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1