Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Ganonthatlooksgreat wrote:
I GOT THE DEMO!

Downloading now, if there's anything you want me to check let me know Smile

English demo out? Or just the Japanese? You have a Japanese 3DS?

Club Nintendo is sending out codes to random Platinum members
I got them too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 1:21 pm

I didn't get the codes myself yet (Assuming I get them at all) but somebody on Kotaku was nice enough to put his codes up.

I really didn't think I'd like Mega Man and Villager but I really love them as characters, Mega Man wasn't really the learning curve I thought it would be. Seeing as they were some of the lowest on my list I'll have to reserve judgement on the newcomers until I get them in my hands.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Alright, after watching a LOT of footage of the game, I've found several disappointments. I don't like Duck Hunt Dog's moveset that much, I like the way he fights with the duck, but the retro references aren't necessary. I'd prefer the Zapper move than the gunman...

I'm fine with Pacman's moveset because it's a move obvious reference, and I couldn't think of a better replacement... I didn't know what the gunman was before now, so perhaps I'm a bit bias. I'm also a bit picky that Pacman doesn't have the butt bounce, but that's fine.

SUPER disappointed about Dark Pit. I was completely open to clones before, but when the clone has no good reason to be there, he just... bothers me. It feels like he was just added to use the new final smash, I honestly am PISSED that Dark Pit gets his own slot, and Alph just gets to be an Alt. Costume for Olimar. Pikmin deserves more representation... one rep hurts me :c That's fine though, just a bit disappointing.

But, I am content with the roster, and I am hoping, but doubting it, but hoping we get some more characters with the Wii U version, then a patch on the 3DS version... but I HIGHLY doubt it... I guess I just hope it.

As for stages, I guess I'm fine with the roster of stages because, well, nobody is going to play the 3DS version competitvely, I hope the Wii U version has some more stages that'd work competitively. I really like the Magicant stage though, it looks really nice.

I'm definately getting the same as soon as I can, I'm still super hyped, and believe it or not, I'm excited to play Bowser Jr... I just really like the way the implemented him, he's a neat character. Sure I'd prefer Bandana Dee, or K. Rool, but I REALLY like his moveset.

Last edited by Dr. CanadianBacon on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 4:17 pm

shouldnt all of us be banned for talking about the hidden characters
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Oops, didn't think about that! Sorry guys. I'll spoiler it... >.>
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 4:21 pm

Dark Pit seems to be getting under everyone's skin, especially myself.

And the dumbest part of all is that Pit has a dark palette & Dark Pit has a white palette. WHY!?!

Dark Pit is clearly the biggest waste of time in any Smash development as far as characters, even if that time was small, imo.

I'm not banning anyone for spoilers. Done that to scare you guys in case everyone was against spoilers. lol. Doesn't appear people are bothered by it though.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Smash King wrote:
Dark Pit seems to be getting under everyone's skin, especially myself.

And the dumbest part of all is that Pit has a dark palette & Dark Pit has a white palette. WHY!?!

Dark Pit is clearly the biggest waste of time in any Smash development as far as characters, even if that time was small, imo.

Dark Pit is the Pichu of Smash 4. The worst part is, I like Pichu more.

Also this music is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMl_IWNamZI
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Yea, for some reason, I hate Dark Pit more than Pichu. lol

I think its cause even though Pichu is a pre-evolved form of Pikachu, neither Pikachu or Pichu in Smash are not a specific version of their kind. They are generic.

Dark Pit in the other hand is a complete duplicate of Pit, but evil with dark palette.
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 6:02 pm

I like Pichu in Smash and I don't have a problem with Dark Pit.

He's pretty decent to play as and has a lot more KO potential than Pit.

But I'm sticking with Toon Link and Dr. Mario (I'm damn happy these 2 are back).
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Dark Pit = This was a complete waste of time, and everyone on the development team should obviously commit sudoku! That inflated Sakurai!

Lucina = WAIFU!!!!!11! I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:12 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Dark Pit = This was a complete waste of time, and everyone on the development team should obviously commit sudoku! That inflated Sakurai!
Then we'd have one less character.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Moats wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Then we'd have one less character.
P. sure he's being sarcastic
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:27 pm

Guys wanna hear a funny story?

On Facebook, Dust was assisting me on getting download codes. Why not, its free, right?

Dust managed to get one for me and I had redeemed it. Unfortunately, I didnt have enough blocks in my 3DS to hold another demo (believe it requires 80 something blocks). So I had selected the option to delete any pre-existing contents from my 3DS to make room for this demo. I deleted stuff and returned to Eshop to find out that my code redeeming didnt go through and can't add the code back.

Full of rage, I called Nintendo and the office was closed. I then sent a complaint to their customer service via email. Sure, I can wait a whole week for the demo to be available to all, however the principle of it is that I know I redeemed the code and now them wont even let me get my free demo.

so yea, that is how my Friday turned out. lol.
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:49 pm

Thank god I have a Japanese 3DS.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:16 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Lucina = WAIFU!!!!!11! I love you I love you I love you
I will fight you for the waifu!
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:18 am

btw, it has been confirmed that you can use your 3DS as a Wii U controler for this game
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 1:30 am

Looks like it's the worst-case scenario for Dark Pit, then. "What if he has a unique moveset" or "he could offer a different kind of playstyle" or "let's make space for better palettes", well screw you clones are easier to make. Neutral

In fact I don't think it's fair to compare to Pichu. At least Pichu had a unique mechanic.

What about Lucina and
Spoiler:
?

Are they as badly clone-like, or do they have redeeming features elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 3:40 am

I'm unsure if the AI is easier this time around, I just beat a Level 9 Mario as Villager, three kills to one.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:51 am

Dry wrote:
Looks like it's the worst-case scenario for Dark Pit, then. "What if he has a unique moveset" or "he could offer a different kind of playstyle" or "let's make space for better palettes", well screw you clones are easier to make. Neutral

In fact I don't think it's fair to compare to Pichu. At least Pichu had a unique mechanic.

What about Lucina and
Spoiler:
?

Are they as badly clone-like, or do they have redeeming features elsewhere?

Thing is, I was fine with Lucina for some reason, I just don't mind clones normally because they don't take time. But when it's literally a colour swap of an existing character, it bothers me. I'm comparing him to Pichu because Pichu was a mess, although definately fun to play as in a 4-player match and just use a fully charged Side Special. But, Dark Pit, is literally a different colour of Pit, you just take pit, recolour his hair, outfit and wings to be black and you have Dark Pit. He could've easily been a colour swap, like... Super easily.

It just bothers me. I'm completely fine with Lucina and Dr. Mario though, they may be clone-like, but Lucina isn't just a different colour of Marth and is very slightly different. Not sure why I'm fine with that, but I am. Dr. Mario I'm fine with because I love Melee Mario much more than Brawl Mario. I don't know why, but I just hate the idea of a recolour getting his own slot while Alph is sitting as an alternate colour when they could have had him slightly different with Rock Pikmin. I guess I'm also super bias, but Pikmin deserves more love and reps, even if the rep was a clone.

In the end though, he's the only major disappointment I've seen with this roster, every other character I'm looking forward to. And, I know he didn't take much time since he has the same animations and everything... but it just bugs me.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:54 am

"At least Dark Pit has an original final smash!"

*works exactly like zelda's light arrow*

...oh
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 7:48 am

Almost ANYONE deserved to have been included over Dark Pit, including Alph, Wolf, Mewtwo etc.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 7:54 am

Slissith wrote:
Almost ANYONE deserved to have been included over Dark Pit, including Alph, Wolf, Mewtwo etc.

If you're being serious... I agree.

If not, I still agree. Although I can't see Mewtwo get in over Dark Pit since Mewtwo ain't no clone, or semi-clone, but I can honestly see Wolf & Alph getting in over him.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:31 am

Slissith wrote:
I agree, if they wanted to add a third clone there are infinitely better choices out there.
Back to top Go down
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 9:06 am

I've been hearing Dark Pit basically has Brawl Pit's moveset because Pit was changed a lot and they wanted people to still be able to play the Brawl version.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 9:21 am

ensane wrote:
I've been hearing Dark Pit basically has Brawl Pit's moveset because Pit was changed a lot and they wanted people to still be able to play the Brawl version.

His Side B, Up B and Down B are the same as Pit's actually. The Side B uses a different arm though.

Last edited by Dr. CanadianBacon on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 2:20 pm

They are very noticeable for me.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Why don't we talk about some non-disappointing stuff

Dr. Mario's entrance is cool, it's like he's doing a puzzle in his head. Super excited to play with Mario's Melee moveset again.
After playing the demo, Mario is freaking incredible. It's super easy to combo with him and he actually has some nice kill moves now. All of the characters from what I can tell have re-made animations and it really makes the game fresh. It feels good when you connect a hit, the effects, the sounds, etc. It's satisfying.
Bowser Jr. looks like he has one of the most fun looking movesets we've seen in Smash, and the ability to play as the Koopa Kids makes it even better.
I love Mr. Game & Watch's new look and walking/running animations. It's truer to how he appeared on the actual Game & Watch games.
Duck Hunt is incredible, his final smash is amazing. He looks like he has so much personality apparent just from all of his expressions. I love the incorporation of the duck and the Wild Gunman/Hogan's Alley references. He's less of a representation of Duck Hunt and more of the light gun games in general, and I really like that.
Magicant, holy shit, it's beautiful. I have yet to see one person who doesn't love this stage. On top of that I think this Ness is the best we've gotten in any Smash game. He looks like a clay model.
Ganondorf's attacks look faster (I think, from the little bit I've seen) and he has pig Ganon colors. That's sweet. Not to mention the sword custom move. I don't really mind that he wasn't de-cloned entirely.
Wario looks really good without the dark Brawl colors, I'm glad he's been given more fluidity in his animations. The only disappointing thing is the removal of the shoulder bash completely in favor of some back hand punch.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Am I the only one who thinks the duck actually helping the dog is the stupidest thing? It's even right in his name that his job is to hunt them. Crusade's moveset makes way more sense. The duck would never be sitting on his back, it would fly away the moment it knew the dog was nearby. Let alone actually helping fight.

I do like that the dog was given a lot of personality and i think the overall goofiness of the character has some charm. So i dont totally hate it. But at the same time, logical faults that massive cannot be glanced over, especially when it's a logical fault within the gaming universe itself. That's the kind that you cant just say "oh well video game logic who cares" because it's defying it's own video game premises.

Sakurai dun goofed yet again. Still successfully taking my money.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Sakurai: successfully taking your money since 1999.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks the duck actually helping the dog is the stupidest thing?  It's even right in his name that his job is to hunt them.  Crusade's moveset makes way more sense.  The duck would never be sitting on his back, it would fly away the moment it knew the dog was nearby.  Let alone actually helping fight.

I do like that the dog was given a lot of personality and i think the overall goofiness of the character has some charm.  So i dont totally hate it.  But at the same time, logical faults that massive cannot be glanced over, especially when it's a logical fault within the gaming universe itself.  That's the kind that you cant just say "oh well video game logic who cares" because it's defying it's own video game premises.

Sakurai dun goofed yet again.  Still successfully taking my money.
mario goes golfing with bowser
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next