Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 12:12 am

Yeah that was my first thought, it seems very counter-intuitive.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 12:25 am

it would probably be useful in teams to keep track of your partner tho, especially in the all-too-common "everyone goes the best character" matches
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:27 am

GigaPichu wrote:
there was apparently some leak regarding what the roster may look like
https://imgur.com/UaAv4yn
Today's image may debunk this rumour. For the first time we get a look at the font style used in the character names, and it's a lot thicker and flatter than this roster seems to show.

It's most noticeable if you compare the "S" in Samus.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:39 am

That "CSS Leak" has been confirmed fake a while back.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:55 am

Goldzilla wrote:
That "CSS Leak" has been confirmed fake a while back.
Really? I missed that.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 1:48 pm

More pics were released, one of which had Ridley unlocked (supposedly, Mega Man and Little Mac were tourney exclusive as was Ridley; Ridley would be unlocked at the end)
Spoiler:

The fact Ridley looked like that raised a red flag on the legitimacy due to how drastically it clashes with the other characters.

A day or so later, the creator of these fakes fessed up and posted the original image he made:
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 TfiGC6O
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69313885

and revealed that the "Ridley" model was really an edit of something completely unrelated and downright creepy.

https://i.imgur.com/K48ioWe.png
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:09 pm

He needs to take up more than 5 selection boxes.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:00 am

Man, this new stage looks great! It's known as Mushroom Kingdom U.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 ZlCfzSACFmgn4pYpMS
So Kamek will show up and dramatically change the stage layout.
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 ZlCfzSACGFkxjQ_owV
It'll be playable on the E3 Demos, and I assume that would be the same with the Best Buy ones too.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:03 am

I love this stage, the layout really reminds me of something we'd see on Melee.

Also Sakurai confirmed Kamek for stage-hazard, so I guess he's out for AT or playable (Though AT is far more likely than playable)
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:07 am

Yeah that sadly seems to be the case for poor old Kamek. But it is nice to finally see him actually be a part of the Smash universe outside of being a sticker in Brawl. The guy gets neglected way too much.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:34 am

I love that stage already Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:06 am

Colosseum from Fire Emblem series confirmed for new Wii U stage.

"We've added a familiar setting from the Fire Emblem series, the Coliseum. In the original game, this place is filled with both hope and despair. There is machinery in the ground that activates variable platforms."
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 5:09 am

By the sounds of it, this could be our new version of Pokémon Stadium.

Also here's a theoretical for you guys, would you support the cutting of Jigglypuff if it meant we'd get Mewtwo instead? It would be the first cut from the N64 era but honestly I think at this point it would be justified.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 7:12 am

Ikethegreat wrote:

Also here's a theoretical for you guys, would you support the cutting of Jigglypuff if it meant we'd get Mewtwo instead? It would be the first cut from the N64 era but honestly I think at this point it would be justified.

Honestly, I'd prefer Jiggly. Just because Pikachu and Jiggly are the 2 "cute pokemon" in the series (Well, and Squirtle I guess...). Having 4 "cool pokemon" is something Sakurai probably wouldn't do. PROBABLY...

Also the stage looks pretty cool Razz
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:22 am

The colosseum brings back memories, not all of them good. Later games had them balanced, but by god the earlier ones were rigged.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:29 am

Ikethegreat wrote:

I'd rather have Jiggs than Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:54 am

Ikethegreat wrote:
No. #JiggsMainsMasterRace
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:22 am

Jiggly was more fun for me to play as.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:07 am

I once was using Fox against Mewtwo in Melee, and I used his back air attack on Mewtwo. The first hit was a phantom hit, and the second one was a direct hit. Mewtwo's hurt box on his body is wack with the tail being so big. Also, everyone hated Mewtwo in Melee, and now all of a sudden they want him back? I can tell you one thing it is NOT because of Project M nor should it be.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Mewtwo is one of the most recognisable nintendo characters, is relevant and also is part of Nintendo's history.

Whatsmore, if Mewtwo sucked at melee, there is no reason why he can't be good this time around. Besides, I thought his moveset was/is very interesting and quite original.

I wouldn't wanna see jiggs go, though.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Wow, that's a tough call.

Personally, I'd prefer Mewtwo cause he is such a badass. Jigglypuff never appealed to me. The whole cutesy thing makes me vomit.

However, being a Smash fan since the N64, I personally don't want to see any vets go unless its Toon Link (sadly for me, he made it). I think with already 3 appearances in the Smash series, Jigglypuff being absent will be noticeable.

I wish we can keep them both, but we already have Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, & Greninja. If I had to remove any of these 4 to bring in Jiggz & Charizard, I would take out Greninja.

Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:25 pm

except you can't take out the new gen rep; every smash game has pokemon rep(s) from the most relevant generation. as much as you may dislike greninja as a choice, he's already confirmed and that settles the new gen representation. every game has also had pikachu and jigglypuff in it.

i don't see why people think more than other trainer pokemon (squirtle/ivy) are going to be removed in the first place, considering that there are only four known reps. mario is already up to 5 with the inclusion of rosalina, and pokemon and mario have generally had the same number of reps (pokemon practically had more in brawl when counting the three trainer pokemon separately), so it's entirely possible to bring back both considering there could be unlockable mario series chars to even it out.

the only problem this makes is that there would really only be one newcomer for pokemon, but despite great reviews/scores, the earlier gens are generally far more popular.

i could honestly see a 3rd gen newcomer though, with the coming of omega ruby and alpha sapphire. 3rd gen never got a rep, the closest it got was pokeballs in brawl.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 1:30 am

Do you think another Pokemon newcomer is a likelihood? That would bring it up to 5, which like you said matches Mario, but that's also assuming no Mewtwo or additional Pokemon Trainer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pokemon Trainer go, though, and to see Charizard as a simple standalone rep. It would have been weird in previous games, since all of them had some kind of particular significance, being involved in a movie or some other such stuff, but now that Greninja has set a sort of a precedent. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see a trio of starters each from a different gen, as reps.

So if we are getting a 3rd gen rep, it would be Sceptile, to finish the FWG trio. None of the other grass starter final evos would really work in Smash, either. Sceptile would be fantastic; he's always been my favourite starter (eat your heart out Blaziken) and because he basically has swords on his elbows he has an easily Sakurai'd attack set.

If Sceptile (or any other starter) is getting in, though, that probably means no Mewtwo. Unless, as Det says, a 6th Mario rep is unlockable, and Pokemon is also given 6 reps... but then that would end up either expanding the roster a bit too much or limiting the number of repped series.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 2:01 am

If there's a further Pokémon rep I just want it to be Mewtwo, I honestly don't care if Jiggs is completely cut too.

If there is a new rep though, Sceptile is very possible but for a Gen III rep I'd honestly give it to Gardevoir (Who was shown in the Greninja trailer but not confirmed for Pokéball). Gardevoir seems more iconic, plus she can rep the Fairy type without modifying Jiggs. She also has a Mega Evolution (Though presumably Sceptile will get one for OR/AS) and was arguably the final boss of X/Y with Diantha.

For the next Pokémon rep though, I would have to go for Mewtwo>Squirtle>Gardevoir>Gen III Rep>Ivysaur>Jigglypuff
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 2:23 am

Idk, if I were Sakurai, I wouldve took the easy route and have Charizard's & Lucario's mega evolutions count as a 6th gen representation rather than introducing Greninja. That is just my desperate call to keep vets while giving 6th gen some love. lol

Also, am I the only one who feels that at this point, Jigglypuff is more popular in Smash than she is in Pokemon? Honestly, since when was the last time anyone used Jiggz in Pokemon? I bet people just catch Jiggz, throw a moon stone at it, then send it back to the PC to never be used again for the purpose of further completing your pokedex. I never seen anyone use Jiggz or Wigglytuff. But then again, not much use Pikachu too much either, but at least Pikachu was owned by various trainers in 6th gen. Hell, can anyone even remember any notable or generic trainer who battled you with Jiggz or Wiggz? I sure cant.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:54 am

Smash King wrote:

Also, am I the only one who feels that at this point, Jigglypuff is more popular in Smash than she is in Pokemon? Honestly, since when was the last time anyone used Jiggz in Pokemon? I bet people just catch Jiggz, throw a moon stone at it, then send it back to the PC to never be used again for the purpose of further completing your pokedex. I never seen anyone use Jiggz or Wigglytuff. But then again, not much use Pikachu too much either, but at least Pikachu was owned by various trainers in 6th gen. Hell, can anyone even remember any notable or generic trainer who battled you with Jiggz or Wiggz? I sure cant.
Basically this.

Jiggypuff was only ever iconic due to the original anime where she was a recurring character. She hasn't really been seen in the canon since Johto, her last appearance was one minor role in Advanced Generations. As for how much she's used in battle, even her evolution Wigglytuff resides in NU tier, and even then nobody picks it when playing NU because Lickilicky and Alomomola does her job better. Overall there are three reasons why Jiggs would stay, and I can't see any of them being bulletproof.

1. Jigglypuff is part of the original roster (This it really a rule that was determined by the fans, I can't see Sakurai following this just because)
2. Jigglypuff can represent the Fairy Type (This is also true, but as I said I think Gardevoir would be a better fit for this)
3. A lot of people like playing as Jigglypuff (Again true, but she's still fading into obscurity in the main games, which should take priority over the few who main her)
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:49 am

Which further proves my point about what I had asked.

The majority of the the reasons she should stay that you pointed out is more heavily influenced from Smash rather than Pokemon.

The original 12 rule made by fans I agree may never be permanent. However, I cant blame fans for thinking it likely is since all 12 starters have been featured in every Smash game thus far.

The idea of bringing Jiggz back with an intention of repping a fairy type is the most unrealistic reason for a return. A pokemon has never been added to Smash under the reason to show off a specific type. Perhaps Pokemon Trainer, but that is a given since you have 3 character choices that makes variety an expectation. Honestly, what is extra special about the fairy type that it should possibly warrant a reason to have one playable in Smash? We never got Dark, Steel, or Dragon type Pokemon that were added to Smash with the idea to show off that respective type. So why would they start now, especially when the highlight of X/Y was a 3D world and Mega Evolution? If by a long shot we get someone for fairy type purpose, I would expect Sylvian before Gardevior.

True, there are people who play as her in Smash.

Another thing too, remember in Brawl how she had very little priority when it came down to the roster? She was soo last minute, along with Wolf & Toon Link, that she wasnt featured in Adventure mode until you actually finished Subspace Emissary and go through a generic door in a forest. Its crazy because Jiggz popularity in the past 5-10 years have been cause of Smash. Bad enough that she isnt anything special in the Pokemon games or anime, but wow, not even in the game (Smash series) that still keeping Jiggz relevant see her as any decent priority. I hate to say this, but I think her days are numbered.

btw, I believe the Japanese Pokemon fanbase had an influence to Jiggz being in SSB64. Then again that localized popularity might have been influenced due to the anime itself, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 6:28 am

Guys the selection screen has been leaked, 100% confirmed.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:46 am

Well OR/AS just got the full reveal, Serebii has pictures of it and it does indeed include Mega Swampert, Sceptile and Diancie. So I guess Sceptile is pretty viable right now.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:53 am

You guys have made good points about Jiggs, actually. Now I also think Jiggs might get cut.

As for a choice between Gardevoir and Sceptile, what do you mean that Gardevoir is more iconic? From the main games, she's featured as the strongest Pokemon for two main opponents (Wally and Diantha), and that's it. Major character in the original PMD, too, but I don't think that contributes jack to iconicness. Sceptile, simply by being a 2nd evo starter, would be at least as iconic as Gardevoir. The main thing, though, is that Charizard and Greninja make up an incomplete trio. If on the one hand we're thinking it might be a gen 3 rep, and on the other hand we're thinking there'll be a grass starter, the overlap centres right onto Sceptile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next