Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 pm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/sets/72157643678092364/
Legitimacy check?
Look a few pages back, there are items like the tanooki leaf and a whole mess of KIU stuff.
Also GALAGA and RALLY X
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:09 am

I compiled a list of the new stuff too that came on Facebook and Twitter.

Bunny Hood
Unira
Football
Barrels
Mother Badge
Treasure Chest
Lightning
Super Mushroom
Stopwatch
Heart Container
Super Scope
Drill Gun
Fire Flower
S-Flag
Fire Box
Bullet Bill
Golden Hammer
Star Rod
Hammer
Lip's Stick
Pitfall
Weird Eye Turret Thing https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/13729722974/in/set-72157643678092364
Smoke Bomb
Spring
Team Healer
Sticky Bomb
Deku Nut
Mr. Saturn
Hothead
Honeycomb (Or Beehive)
Boomerang
Freezie
Galaga Insects

PokéBall's
Goldeen
Chespin
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 am

Olimar only has 3 Pikmin at once?

3DS limitations? Attempting to balance Brawl Olimar? Making matches less cluttered? Purposely moving away from Pikmin canon? Why?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:17 am

Dry wrote:
Olimar only has 3 Pikmin at once?

3DS limitations? Attempting to balance Brawl Olimar? Making matches less cluttered? Purposely moving away from Pikmin canon? Why?
Comes up with three reasons, still doesn't know why Razz

Also I checked that shot of the Ridley shadow, and unfortunately it isn't Meta Ridley. There's a brief shot of a wing and while I can't match it to other Ridley versions, it clearly has veins in comparison to Meta Ridley's striped wings. They could still pull a Toon Link and have Ridley normally and Meta Ridley if Ridley is on the stage but I admit it's unlikely.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 3:40 am

They nerfed the hell out of Olimar, the only buff he got was the new up-B which is counter-intuitive to his pikmin-based metagame since you have to toss them to use the move effectively. That and the set order of pikmin, which makes managing them a bit easier.

Also, where are the rock pikmin?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:21 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
They nerfed the hell out of Olimar, the only buff he got was the new up-B which is counter-intuitive to his pikmin-based metagame since you have to toss them to use the move effectively. That and the set order of pikmin, which makes managing them a bit easier.

Also, where are the rock pikmin?

I feel like there is still some things that we have not seen from Olimar. I also think they've probably made his Pikmin a bit stronger, or harder to get rid of because of the nerf. But idk, he seems fine to me, I still plan on using him Razz
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 6:24 am

There were also a lot of 3DS images I just found, here's a breakdown of the new stuff. It looks like all the items are going to be shared between Wii U and 3DS.

Items
Warp Star
Curry
Poison Mushroom
Metal Box

Pokémon
Snorlax
Spewpa
Darkrai (FTFW)
Mew

Also the Pokémon appearing in the game apprear to all be at the start of the Charizard/Greninja trailer. Assuming every Pokémon there is a Pokéball, expect Oshawott, Snivy, Swirlix, Gardevoir, Giratina, Latias, Kyogre, Zoroark, Lugia, Suicune and Togepi.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am

Sheik confirmed to have Melee combo ability back, at the very least in her tilts.
ZSS confirmed to not be terrible.
Zelda might for once not be bottom tier.
Olimar moving down the tier list.

EDIT
looks like they're moving away from tether recoveries as well, at least in special moves. Notice how both ZSS and Olimar got new recovery moves that don't rely on tethering. I wonder if this means ZSS is getting a new side B?
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:41 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
ZSS confirmed to not be terrible.
: \
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:31 pm

I have my own theory about Ridley.

During that video, Sakurai never once showed Ridley in all the Pyrosphere gameplay sections.

One other thing to notice about Ridleys shadow was that it wasn't ENORMOUS. In fact, it seemed a lot smaller than one might think when thinking of Ridley.

Also, notice how quickly and nonchalantly all the Assist Trophies were shown, new and old, deconfirming many character options along the way. Why did he not just go and show Ridley was a stage boss thing, and instead still kept him hidden?

What I think is that Sakurai is trying to build as much hype as possible about Ridley and throwing people for as many loops as possible to make his eventual Playable Reveal all the more exciting.

He may just keep it secret too. Continue making these leg-pulling vague updates about him.

But, if Ridley truly wasn't playable, why would Sakurai bother flaunting him around so much? That just would be cruel, and purely against the players. No game developer would be that stupid.

Thats what I think.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:48 pm

GigaPichu wrote:

But, if Ridley truly wasn't playable, why would Sakurai bother flaunting him around so much? That just would be cruel, and purely against the players. No game developer would be that stupid.
This is my basic thought to this. I do believe Ridley is on Pyrosphere as a stage hazard but I also believe he could easily be swapped out for Meta Ridley if Ridley is on the stage.

I also don't think we'll see Ridley until the game's released, like all of Brawl's unlockable characters bar Sonic and Snake. The same with Palutena, she's had little hints dropped from time to time, knowing that we'll just have to keep on guessing until some lucky b-star is the first to unlock it.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:56 pm

I have to agree with Giga 100% concerning Ridley.

Also, thanks guys for listing the confirmed contents. I'll try to update the OP after I finish my exams tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:32 pm

It's interesting with the tethers. Maybe enough people around the world were annoyed at them, because they seem like terrible recoveries? Tbh, in a casual game without much edgehogging, they'd probably even be among the best.

Ridley not being announced before SSB4's release makes a ton of sense. It probably doesn't make him any more or less likely, but this logic does mean he's not 100% de-confirmed.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:27 pm

GigaPichu wrote:

He's only referenced Ridley literally twice this whole time; when the Pyrosphere was revealed and yesterday's Direct.

Any "flaunting" and "cruelty" is self-imposed by the ones that made a big deal over anything that could possibly pertain to Ridley such as the picture of Kirby and Olimar about their size and the picture of the Living Room bringing mention to Smash not always being true to scale.
Such things I myself am guilty of making a big deal over.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:42 am

my points still stand anyway, I believe Ridley is playable
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 am

Logically, I can't believe it.
Not unless something like "Brawl Ridley is back from the dead again as Omega Ridley while his Other M clone is a boss on Pyrosphere" happens, but that's a Shiny Farfetch'd.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:08 am

Or when he's being played as he doesnt appear as a hazard on Pyrosphere.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:09 am

GigaPichu wrote:
Or Meta Ridley could appear, this is exactly the same argument about Spirit Tracks, and look how that turned out.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 am

I think more believable than Meta Ridley would be another flying Metroid boss enemy, since Meta Ridley is technically still Ridley. Unless it's Metal Ridley, though he never flew.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 11:56 am

GigaPichu wrote:
I think more believable than Meta Ridley would be another flying Metroid boss enemy, since Meta Ridley is technically still Ridley. Unless it's Metal Ridley, though he never flew.
Well we have no issue in Smash with having Link next to Young or Toon Link, it's a different take on the same character but Smash has done it before.

Actually thinking about it, SSE had Meta Ridley revived way too quickly, and when Tabuu resurrects them in the Great Maze they are seperate, so it's quite possible that in the Smash world they are counted as different characters despite being the same general character much like the Link's.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 12:23 am

GigaPichu wrote:
I can believe that even less.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 9:20 pm

I'm still in the process of updating the OP with everything that was shown on the Direct. So if anything new comes up or if I miss anything, please post and let me know so I can add it, please.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 1:32 am

Just been watching a GameXplain video on the Direct, they also spotted Fletchling in that Charizard/Greninja trailer. Also SK don't forget to add the Kalos Elite 4 stage that was shown in the Greninja trailer for Wii U.
EDIT: That video also confirmed the Dragoon.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 4:52 pm

I already added the Elite 4 and Dragoon.

I'm not adding Fletching however cause it was never confirmed that all Pokemon that appeared on the trailer are all Pokeball.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:10 am

I wonder how the Elite 4 stage will act, possibly like Pokemon Stadium, but it changes the background type? Or will it just be a normal, no gimmick stage? I hope like Pokemon Stadium personally...
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:19 am

I imagine it'll be like Stadium, the Elite 4 in Kalos were Steel, Fire, Dragon and Water, with the Champion using mixed.

What would be awesome is if they had a stage boss for each room, with the players moving on once that boss was defeated. If so, I imagine the bosses would be Aegislash, Talonflame, Noivern, Barbaracle and at the end Mega Gardevoir.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:36 am

That'd be really cool actually... I think that should happen Razz
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 am

The only hole in the theory is that because Gardevoir was in the Greninja trailer there's a good chance she's a Pokéball, so a stage hazard too is unlikely even in the Mega Evolution version. It's possible though that they'll only go through the Elite 4.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Is it just me or did hype for Pic of the Day died out after the Smash Direct?

I can't seem to feel excited for it after the boatload of information we had received on the Direct.

PS: I purchased SSB4 3DS as a pre-order Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Shouldn't the daily teaser make the next big reveal so much more appealing, though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next