Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:18 pm

I forgot to mention that Pokemon Battle Trozei is coming out on the 20th. Any chance we might get another Pokemon character?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Possibly, anyone actually plan on getting that game btw? Razz
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Tortimer Island confirmed for 3DS version
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:45 am

Wow this stage looks weird, I wonder if it will keep that perspective. Also Sakurai says that the island is randomly generated every time you fight.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:53 am

The perspective is obviously an overhead view for the purpose of presenting it for pic of the day.

Imagine Delfino Plaza from Brawl. Instead of transporting to different locations in one match, you will be in one of the different islands each time the match loads. Though arguably this concept is similar to Mushroomy Kingdom where you had two random locations, this one has multiple ones.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 3:15 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
...Sakurai says that the island is randomly generated every time you fight.
An island carved from RNG?
I know whats going to be banned from tourneys on day one.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:47 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Sakurai wrote:
What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime, will ye?

So yeah, sounds like it. IDK about tourneys though, to be honest this promotes raw skill, rather than the ability to know all the tricks in a specific stage. To me that makes it awesome for tourneys, and I wouldn't be surprised to see tourneys exclusively running this stage.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 5:01 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:
Sakurai wrote:
What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime, will ye?

So yeah, sounds like it. IDK about tourneys though, to be honest this promotes raw skill, rather than the ability to know all the tricks in a specific stage. To me that makes it awesome for tourneys, and I wouldn't be surprised to see tourneys exclusively running this stage.

If you have to know the "tricks of a stage" to do well on it then odds are it will be banned or counterpick at best, but anything with an RNG factor has almost no hope for tournament viability.

Then again, Brawl's legal stage list was total balls, so who knows what will happen.

Fuck You Frigate Orpheon.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 6:01 am

I wonder if that one guy, Kapp N' or something, his ship was in a screenshot. Is that part of this map, because if it isn't, then Animal Crossing has 4 maps now, 2 for each console (Even if the 2 Wii U ones are basically the same with a new layout).

I'm waiting to see a Star Fox, Donkey Kong, or Kirby map still! Razz
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:02 am

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
I wonder if that one guy, Kapp N' or something, his ship was in a screenshot. Is that part of this map, because if it isn't, then Animal Crossing has 4 maps now, 2 for each console (Even if the 2 Wii U ones are basically the same with a new layout).

The Kapp'n pic had him on a dock iirc, and there's one to the left of the stage shown in the pic

very likely could be the same stage
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 pm

sp wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:

The Kapp'n pic had him on a dock iirc, and there's one to the left of the stage shown in the pic

very likely could be the same stage

I really hope it is, because I don't want 4 Animal Crossing maps personally. Razz
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:12 pm

I really really doubt there'd be 4 different AC stages
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 2:08 am

A Captain Rainbow reference today, I wonder if this is a hint to something.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:43 am

I hope not if it's what everyone else is thinking of.
I hope so if it's what I'm thinking of.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:14 am

That... thing... it scares me.

What is it, who is it? I'm so confused right now.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 am

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
That... thing... it scares me.

What is it, who is it? I'm so confused right now.
It's Little Mac's overweight counterpart from Captain Rainbow, "Big Mac".

MercuryHg34 wrote:
I hope not if it's what everyone else is thinking of.
I hope so if it's what I'm thinking of.
I assume you want an Assist Trophy over Playable Character then?
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:20 am

But what really begs the question though is that will it be in the Punch-Out!! trophy series or the Captain Rainbow/Other trophy series?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:03 am

Captain Rainbow/Other probably, this Mac is technically a different character, like a parallel universe Mac.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:24 am

....no, it's not.

It's the same character. Just in a non-canon setting.
Or is "Smash Mac" somehow a different character to "Punch-Out Mac" because they're from different series?

That being said, it will either be included in the Punch-Out trophies because it's Mac, or the Captain Rainbow trophies if Nick is actually playable.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:52 am

As far as Captain Rainbow being playable, I have my doubts but wouldn't mind seeing him playable.

Also, its pretty cool to see more contents outside of matches for a change. And it appears that today's image confirms alternate backgrounds for trophy viewing unless 3DS & Wii U version both have 2 different backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:59 am

Smash King wrote:

As far as Captain Rainbow being playable, I have my doubts but wouldn't mind seeing him playable.
Basically this, after Wii Fit Trainer I'd believe anybody.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:34 am

To acknowledge the trophy reveal, I would like to post one of my personal favorite themes from Melee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOpZlHvEblk
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:15 am

Lumiose City confirmed for stage.

Sakurai made it clear that at one point we will be fighting on top of the Prism Tower, but we don't know anything else yet.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:52 am

Seems to be the 3DS Version's Delfino Plaza / Skyloft.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:54 am

still worst city in X/Y but from the screenshot it looks nice
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:

Then again, Brawl's legal stage list was total balls, so who knows what will happen.
Jesus, I know...  Facepalm apparently Jungle Japes isn't legal, but Castle Siege is? What the hell, guys? What am I missing?
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:41 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:

Jesus, I know...  Facepalm apparently Jungle Japes isn't legal, but Castle Siege is? What the hell, guys? What am I missing?

Jungle Japes is illegal because of the water ruining virtually every character's recovery. At least Castle Siege is tolerable to an extent.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 5:54 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:

Jungle Japes is illegal because of the water ruining virtually every character's recovery. At least Castle Siege is tolerable to an extent.
I suppose that's fair. I totally forgot that like half of the characters in Brawl have a total caca recovery.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Jungle Japes is banned for a lot more than that. Firstly by screwing with Up B's the stage favors characters with good jumps who can easily get from the water back onto stage, so Falco for example. It also severely favors projectile use, again Falco. The left side of the stage has a severely close blastline, leading to lots of gimps (especially since the water runs towards it), and finally the ceiling is stupid high up, hurting vertical finishers such as Fox and helping floaties such as Jiggs/Peach. Oh and there's a powerful stage hazard in the Klaptrap. Castle Siege on the other hand has a small area 1 main stage that disfavors projectile use, walk-off edges and statues that mess mostly with projectiles on area 2, and stage tilting that can sometimes mess with certain recoveries or projectile use in area 3. These issues aren't exactly terrible though like the Jungle Japes ones so the Brawl players let it get by considering if they weren't at least a little lenient Brawl would have like 3 legal stages.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Jungle Japes is banned for a lot more than that.  Firstly by screwing with Up B's the stage favors characters with good jumps who can easily get from the water back onto stage, so Falco for example.  It also severely favors projectile use, again Falco.  The left side of the stage has a severely close blastline, leading to lots of gimps (especially since the water runs towards it), and finally the ceiling is stupid high up, hurting vertical finishers such as Fox and helping floaties such as Jiggs/Peach.  Oh and there's a powerful stage hazard in the Klaptrap.  Castle Siege on the other hand has a small area 1 main stage that disfavors projectile use, walk-off edges and statues that mess mostly with projectiles on area 2, and stage tilting that can sometimes mess with certain recoveries or projectile use in area 3.  These issues aren't exactly terrible though like the Jungle Japes ones so the Brawl players let it get by considering if they weren't at least a little lenient Brawl would have like 3 legal stages.
Gosh now that you factor in the ceilings and kraptraps, it seems so obvious that they would ban it. I guess I just haven't played that level in a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next