Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Lol don't worry about it, most casual smashers dont know much about stage bans or the things that lead to them (and why would they? It's not a relevant thing to them in most cases). Casual style play and competitive style play are vastly different, a lot of the things that would cause a stage to be banned don't even matter in a casual setting. I also happen to have way too much smash bros. info swimming around my head, i dont expect other users here to just pull out detailed explanations of any stage, character, attack, etc. at will.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:11 pm

Should I label this new Pokemon stage as Prism Tower or Lumiose City?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:18 am

If you're unsure, Lumiose City/Prism Tower.

Also, seeing as nobody is in any doubt we'll see Yoshi on Friday, there is one question I want to discuss. Would you guys prefer to see Yoshi completely unchanged, or would you want to see him in a team with Baby Mario? I personally would love to see Baby Mario make an appearance in this game riding Yoshi, and his existence would make it understandable why they left it so long to reveal Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:29 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
Lol don't worry about it, most casual smashers dont know much about stage bans or the things that lead to them (and why would they?  It's not a relevant thing to them in most cases).  Casual style play and competitive style play are vastly different, a lot of the things that would cause a stage to be banned don't even matter in a casual setting.  I also happen to have way too much smash bros. info swimming around my head, i dont expect other users here to just pull out detailed explanations of any stage, character, attack, etc. at will.
I was always attracted to competitive play, but nobody else I know in my city is. They think I'm a sweaty kid with some hella strong  HYPE! . I never really get much opportunity to get hands on.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:41 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
Jungle Japes is banned for a lot more than that.  Firstly by screwing with Up B's the stage favors characters with good jumps who can easily get from the water back onto stage, so Falco for example.  It also severely favors projectile use, again Falco.  The left side of the stage has a severely close blastline, leading to lots of gimps (especially since the water runs towards it), and finally the ceiling is stupid high up, hurting vertical finishers such as Fox and helping floaties such as Jiggs/Peach.  Oh and there's a powerful stage hazard in the Klaptrap.  Castle Siege on the other hand has a small area 1 main stage that disfavors projectile use, walk-off edges and statues that mess mostly with projectiles on area 2, and stage tilting that can sometimes mess with certain recoveries or projectile use in area 3.  These issues aren't exactly terrible though like the Jungle Japes ones so the Brawl players let it get by considering if they weren't at least a little lenient Brawl would have like 3 legal stages.

And for that, we love you.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 8:02 am

I want Yoshi to be unchanged. Honestly, Baby Mario would have almost nothing to contribute in Yoshi's moveset.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:48 am

I know this is an awful idea, but I've always wanted them to incorporate the various watermelons into Yoshi's moveset, from Yoshi's Island. Unfortunately, I'm already pretty pleased with his existing moveset, so... silent
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 am

Idk why, but I always felt Yoshi needed a revamp. However, I dont feel that Baby Mario is the answer
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Yoshi is fine as is

don't fix what ain't broken
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:11 pm

I feel that Yoshi's Up Special & Side Special should switch and function the same way they did in Yoshi's Story.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:28 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:
Lol don't worry about it, most casual smashers dont know much about stage bans or the things that lead to them (and why would they?  It's not a relevant thing to them in most cases).  Casual style play and competitive style play are vastly different, a lot of the things that would cause a stage to be banned don't even matter in a casual setting.  I also happen to have way too much smash bros. info swimming around my head, i dont expect other users here to just pull out detailed explanations of any stage, character, attack, etc. at will.
I was always attracted to competitive play, but nobody else I know in my city is. They think I'm a sweaty kid with some hella strong  HYPE! . I never really get much opportunity to get hands on.

No one else you know, but i bet there's plenty of competitive hype in your city, along with nearly every other city in the world. Get involved in the community through Smashboards, or the various facebook groups for competitive smash in various regions, such as East Coast Melee, NYC Melee, MD/VA Melee, groups like that. Before long you'll be attending smash fests and tournaments and making tons of new friends
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:

No one else you know, but i bet there's plenty of competitive hype in your city, along with nearly every other city in the world.  Get involved in the community through Smashboards, or the various facebook groups for competitive smash in various regions, such as East Coast Melee, NYC Melee, MD/VA Melee, groups like that.  Before long you'll be attending smash fests and tournaments and making tons of new friends

Sounds promising. I do in fact actually know a few people who play Brawl, and even a kid at my school who plays Project M. I just don't think many of them are turned on by tournaments. I'll take your advice, regardless.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:53 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:

No one else you know, but i bet there's plenty of competitive hype in your city, along with nearly every other city in the world.  Get involved in the community through Smashboards, or the various facebook groups for competitive smash in various regions, such as East Coast Melee, NYC Melee, MD/VA Melee, groups like that.  Before long you'll be attending smash fests and tournaments and making tons of new friends

Sounds promising. I do in fact actually know a few people who play Brawl, and even a kid at my school who plays Project M. I just don't think many of them are turned on by tournaments. I'll take your advice, regardless.
There are also a few competitive games online. FSmash is a nice, organized group dedicated to online competitive play, and has both Brawl and P:M.

Also, if you want to train, I'm your guy
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:05 pm

And let's not forget about melee online
http://smashboards.com/threads/dolphin-online-melee-netplay.335432/

And this WIP project is really cool and hopefully will come out eventually;
http://ssbmo.com/
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
And let's not forget about melee online
http://smashboards.com/threads/dolphin-online-melee-netplay.335432/

And this WIP project is really cool and hopefully will come out eventually;
http://ssbmo.com/
IE6 has backburnered that project. Not sure about any of the other devs though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 pm

I tried Fsmash. What fun. Thanks a ton, Kirby!  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 pm

About Yoshi, my opinion is kinda between SK's and SP's: I don't want a revamp for Yoshi, it's not like he really needs any changes.
But if he does end up changing anything, Baby Mario really shouldn't be said change.

And I noticed something in the main post:
Quote :
Yellow Devil appears on the stage's layout from the background and attacks by deforming similar to his battle from Mega Man 2.
What? The Yellow Devil in SSB is the version fought in the first game. MM2 has a boss with a similar attack pattern, but it's not his battle.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:29 am

Motion Sensor Bomb confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 2:13 am

Donkey Kong lip piercing confirmed.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:33 am

Grass on some stage confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:10 am

Just a thought, but if we do get Baby Mario along with Yoshi tomorrow, it would be awesome if you get a different Baby depending on your Yoshi colour. Something like this...

Green Yoshi - Mario
Red Yoshi - Luigi
Blue Yoshi - Donkey Kong
Yellow Yoshi - Peach
Pink Yoshi - Daisy
Cyan Yoshi - Bowser

I figured to make it more colourful I'd swap around some characters with the colour of their counterpart, I did this with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:55 am

That could be a nice touch, and if we actually get it, it might boost Yoshi's players?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Adding babies to Yoshi has always been a dumb idea.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Just a thought, but if we do get Baby Mario along with Yoshi tomorrow, it would be awesome if you get a different Baby depending on your Yoshi colour. Something like this...

Green Yoshi - Mario
Red Yoshi - Luigi
Blue Yoshi - Donkey Kong
Yellow Yoshi - Peach
Pink Yoshi - Daisy
Cyan Yoshi - Bowser

I figured to make it more colourful I'd swap around some characters with the colour of their counterpart, I did this with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy.

This kind of reminds me of Yoshi's Island DS. I absolutely hated that game. Also, with this would come the accidental confirmation of Daisy. Troll
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:59 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

Green Yoshi - Mario
Red Yoshi - Luigi
Blue Yoshi - Donkey Kong
Yellow Yoshi - Peach
Pink Yoshi - Daisy
Cyan Yoshi - Bowser

This kind of reminds me of Yoshi's Island DS. I absolutely hated that game. Also, with this would come the accidental confirmation of Daisy. Troll
Well not really, I just picked Daisy because she was a baby character and a counterpart to Peach, it could just as easily be Wario.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:02 pm

GoldenDiddy wrote:
Adding babies to Yoshi has always been a dumb idea.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Well not really, I just picked Daisy because she was a baby character and a counterpart to Peach, it could just as easily be Wario.

I'm a bit curious, is there an official 3d model of Babs Wario anywhere? I keep seeing what looks like shops, but nothing legit. I would shamefully hope to see Babee Wario just to see what he would look like.  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

Green Yoshi - Mario
Red Yoshi - Luigi
Blue Yoshi - Donkey Kong
Yellow Yoshi - Peach
Pink Yoshi - Daisy
Cyan Yoshi - Bowser

Well Wario would make more sense, Baby Wario was in a Yoshi game.

Even then, like Golden said, adding a Baby to Yoshi is a terrible idea.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:02 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

I'm a bit curious, is there an official 3d model of Babs Wario anywhere? I keep seeing what looks like shops, but nothing legit. I would shamefully hope to see Babee Wario just to see what he would look like.  Embarassed 
Not 3D to my knowledge, but he was in Yoshi's Island DS.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Idk, I don't feel like there is actually a lot to add to Yoshi, his moveset has just about everything he can do, which is a shame because I hate using him. Although tomorrow, we'll see if he gets some new stuff, or if he remains the Yoshi we all "love".

I also agree that babies would be a silly idea, I'd prefer just Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 34  Next