Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:22 am

Pikmin 3's Alph! Alph

Game: Pikmin 3
Large Differences from Olimar: Rock and Winged Pikmin Exclusive to Alph

Hello! I have the suggestion of Alph from Pikmin 3 as a Crusade character! I think he would fit well in the game considering he seems to be the most known character from Pikmin 3. He is the crew's engineer in Pikmin 3. I suggest him because he is the one who found the new Rock and Winged Pikmin. He would use them instead of the Whites and Purples. Most of his moves would be like Olimars, but he would be lighter and have several differences. He could use Winged Pikmin to carry him as a Up Special move, and Rock Pikmin would bounce off opponents, and work sorta like Purple, but just bounce off them. Instead of his Side Smash throwing Pikmin, Alph would just grab them and whack his opponent with it. He would do the same for his Up Smash by grabbing a Pikmin and hitting above him, unlike Olimar who throws them. His Down Smash would be similar to Olimars though. I really suggest Alph for Crusade, anyone who loves Pikmin should agree with me.

Smash King asked some questions about why I chose Alph instead of Charlie, Louie or the President. I feel like Alph is more like the Olimar of Pikmin 3. This is not true, but I feel like his personality is much more curious about the Pikmin planet, and as I said he isn't the main character. But Charlie isn't either, I feel like they are all equal. I chose Alph because he seems to be more shown in the game then Charlie. In Mission mode, the first Collect The Fruit mission is Alph only, unless you have a second player, then it is Alph and Brittney. The Bingo battle mode doesn't even have Charlie as far as we know! Although him being in Bingo Battle is still a possibility, maybe you could have him and the President instead of Brittney and Louie, this is unlikely though. Speaking of the President and Louie, the reason I chose Alph over them is because they have been pushed over into side characters in Pikmin 3. And I'd like a new Pikmin character to be in the Smash Bros series. Louie and the President aren't even in the story mode (unless they show up as a cameo/easter egg, like the Presidents face in the snow area) as far as I know. Louie and the President also don't have any knowledge of the Rock and Winged Pikmin (unless you count Louie in Bingo Battle). Hope this answers some questions, and now maybe a few more people will understand why I chose Alph! Smile

Last edited by Dr.CanadianBacon on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr. game
Level 3 CPU
mr. game

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:28 am

may be replacing the olimar in ssb4
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:31 am

mr. game wrote:
Olimar was confirmed today though... Lol
Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:32 am

mr. game wrote:

Living under a rock, are we?
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Sure.

Olimar in SSB4... hell YES!
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:02 pm

I voted no for the following reasons.

1. Out of the 3 new Pikmin characters, why should one half of the secondary characters get in before the Captain himself?

2. Like the other 2 new Pikmin characters, they are making their debut. Why should a Pikmin 3 character get in when other characters like Louie & The President didn't make it before?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:24 pm

1. Just because Charlie is the captain of the crew, doesn't mean he's the main character.
Alph is being treated as the main character of Pikmin 3, even to the point that Multiplayer VS. mode is him as P1 vs. Olimar as P2.

2. Because there is more to offer from Pikmin 3 that someone like Louie or The President logically can't provide.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:25 am

I don't understand why this poll exists. If Olimar is on crusade's main roster then he shouldn't get DLC, right?

As much as I would love Alph.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:21 am

Smash King wrote:

I voted no for the following reasons.

1. Out of the 3 new Pikmin characters, why should one half of the secondary characters get in before the Captain himself?

2. Like the other 2 new Pikmin characters, they are making their debut. Why should a Pikmin 3 character get in when other characters like Louie & The President didn't make it before?

1. I feel that Alph is a lot more like Olimar personality wise, and Charlie seems more like the president of Pikmin 2. I have no evidence but based on what I've heard it seems like that's going to be a bit like it, not exactly but a bit. This guy on Youtube that does Pikmin videos a lot calls Charlie the "comic relief character" out of the 3. Alph is also the first character you play as for the first couple days, unless you count the very beginning when you play as Charlie for a few short minutes. I would prefer to have all 3 in the game... but Alph seems more reasonable to myself Smile

2. I feel like since Pikmin 3 was coming up, Alph would've been replaced with Olimar in SSB4, Louie and the President hardly even appear in the game, the President is only a cameo appearance at the moment, and Louie just appears in Bingo battle. If they were also the main characters of Pikmin 3, and they used the Hocotations instead, I would for sure choose louie, but I feel like he is being pushed to be a side character, not even in the story mode. I respect your decision though, but I am basing what I would want as the Pikmin Suggestion off Pikmin 3, and I feel like Alph is the best fitting character out of all of them. Also Louie and The President wouldn't use Rock and Winged Pikmin because they didn't find them unlike, Alph and his group I feel like Rock and Winged Pikmin would be Alph exclusive .
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:31 am

Also updated the original post.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:37 am

I have a question will he have Red Yellow Blue + Rock and Winged to remplace Purple and White or he will have all Pikmin ?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
I don't understand why this poll exists. If Olimar is on crusade's main roster then he shouldn't get DLC, right?

Fawful.
Cranky Kong.
Kamek.
Black Shadow.
Shake King.

etc.

Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:16 am

Keven wrote:
I have a question will he have Red Yellow Blue + Rock and Winged to remplace Purple and White or he will have all Pikmin ?

I think since Alph never actually gets the White and Purples in the story mode, I would like to have the Rock and Winged Pikmin replace the Purples and Whites. I feel like it would make Alph seem like less of a clone, and make his moveset more unique, with having the ability to have Winged Pikmin carry him as an Up Special move, and how Rock Pikmin bounce off opponents, but the winged Pikmin seem to do less damage also, so that would be a downside, and you'd actually need Winged Pikmin to carry you or else you'll be Popo without Nana, falling to your death.
Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:59 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:

Fawful.
Cranky Kong.
Kamek.
Black Shadow.
Shake King.

etc.

cranky kong is the only good character on that list
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:20 am

Then you have no taste.
Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:55 am

haha epi k trollt Wink Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll 
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Those characters you listed all won a poll to be allowed onto the DLC poll while ignoring the "main roster series can't be on the DLC poll" rule, those being Mario, Yoshi, DK, Wario, and F-Zero. The Pikmin series did not get such an exception iirc.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:09 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Those characters you listed all won a poll to be allowed onto the DLC poll while ignoring the "main roster series can't be on the DLC poll" rule, those being Mario, Yoshi, DK, Wario, and F-Zero. The Pikmin series did not get such an exception iirc.

I understand what you mean, but I feel like Pikmin doesn't get the attention it deserves, and I feel like having Alph in the game would really make the Pikmin characters better, and not over powered. Considering Olimar can only use 6 Pikmin at a time, I don't feel like he'd use Rock or Winged, it just doesn't seem right, but with Alph, the Purples and Whites would be replaced with the Rock and Winged, and make a much more unique character. But I respect your decision.
Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Why is this poll multiple choice?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:31 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:

Pikmin was skipped until Pikmin 3's release.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Mr. Terrible wrote:
Why is this poll multiple choice?
er... that was a mistake, a rather large one, durp
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Dr.CB, would you like for me to help create a moveset for you? We could co-create it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Vanellope von Schweetz wrote:
Dr.CB, would you like for me to help create a moveset for you? We could co-create it.

That would be great! Depending if it gets approved Smile
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:05 am

I'd actually prefer Louie as DLC more than Alph.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:23 am

As much as I want Louie to be DLC, I think Alph or another Pikmin tree character should get it. this way Louie isn't Just an Olimar clone, but rather Alph having the new Pikmin types makes him unique.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:33 am

Well as long as everyone else is fine with it then I am as well. You have a yes from me.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:40 am

As much as I want Louie to be DLC, I think Alph or another Pikmin tree character should get it. this way Louie isn't Just an Olimar clone, but rather Alph having the new Pikmin types makes him unique.
I think Louie could have potential to have is own move set and be a stand alone character.

Hint: He is the King of Bugs after all...
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:46 am

inb4titandweevilfinalsmash
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:35 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
I think Louie could have potential to have is own move set and be a stand alone character.

Hint: He is the King of Bugs after all...

This is true, but he doesn't actually control any bug other than the Titan Dweevil, sure that can be a great final smash, but in the game he handles and plays just like Olimar, and he also only used Purple and Whites. I feel like Pikmin 3 is really going to be an amazing game, and as much as I love Louie, I feel like the only reason he is called the "King of Bugs" is because he controlled the Titan Dweevil, and he makes silly bug recipes. His moveset would technically be the same as Olimars, but he may be a bit faster or something, but he'd seem more like an exact clone then a more unique character like Alph. But I do respect your decision
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:51 am

the thing with Louie as the second rep would be the fact that louie has some kind of control over the bug enemies of Pikmin.

That means that he would be able to fight with the Bugs instead of Pikmin, making him a totally different character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 3's Alph!   Pikmin 3's Alph! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pikmin 3's Alph!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next