HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SP

cellularSP

Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:27 pm

I suppose we'll come up with Phoenix's moveset here.

Here is the one that I currently have (only specials, made by ShadowHunter, based on the Ace Attorney games)

NSpecial - OBJECTION! - Phoenix Wright, with a small beginning lag, will point his finger forward and yell, having a giant “Objection!”bubble appear in front of him. Anyone caught in the bubble will experience low damage and knockback (slightly more powerful than Link’s bombs). Also, they lose any items they were holding(even Golden Hammers, Dragoon Pieces, canceling invincibility stars, mushrooms, and Smashballs) as well as saved charges (Samus’s charge shot, Donkey Kong’s Giant Punch). There is also an ending lag.

SSpecial - Truth - This is a chargeable attack. Phoenix Wright will put his finger by his chin and think (while charging). Once released, Phoenix points his finger at his opponent as they are stunned for less than a second. Then the opponent receives damage and knockback. If it wasn’t charged, then it causes low damage and knockback. If it is fully charged, then it causes high damage and knockback (like Samus’s fully charged Charge Shot).

USpecial - HOLD IT! - If used in the air, Phoenix Wright will jump in any direction you choose. If there happens to be an opponent nearby, a bubble that says “Hold it!” will appear, causing the opponent to be stunned for a short amount of time. Like Sonic, he is able to perform his aerials or specials even when the up special is used. If the move was used on the ground, the he will just have the bubble appear in front of him with the opponent stunned for the same amount of time. The higher the opponent’s damage, the longer they are stunned.

DSpecial - TAKE THAT! - He pulls out a random piece of evidence (a piece of paper, a “Thinker” statue, ect.) and holds it right in front of him. He stays like that for a few seconds unless someone attacks him. If he is attacked, a bubble that says “Take that!” appears right in front of him and causes medium damage and knockback to the attacker. If a projectile hits him, then he is able to reflect the projectile while the speech bubble appears.

Final Smash - The Final Verdict - Think of Phoenix's Level 3 Hyper Combo from UMvC3. Funny thing is that I thought it up way before UMvC3 came out.

MAJOR CREDIT TO SHADOWHUNTER FOR THE PHOENIX WRIGHT SPECIALS

But yeah. Discuss away. IMO the specials should be from the Ace Attorney games, then his smashes, tilts, etc. can come from or be loosely based on UMvC3.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:29 pm

I personally feel that his side special should be throwing objects like the Thinker.
And IMO Side Smash should be tossing papers.
MOAR EVIDENSE
Dash Attack could be walking and writing, then slapping the paper
Down smash/tilt could be collecting clues.
Also, will we implement Mia in some way? :3
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:30 pm

I think he should hit enemies with the Thinker as a Side Smash while the Throwing Files play as his Side Special.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Throwing Files doesn't really act like a special, though.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:33 pm

I don't know a whole lot about Phoenix Wright, but just a couple moves I thought would be interesting.

S-Special would be your D-Special, can be charged. If uncharged, it would be something like a bloody knife or a similar object. If fully charged, he flings a stack of papers in front of him that have high hitstun and low knockback, each one doing ~1 or 2 percent (with 10-20 papers this builds up). Inbetween stuff is other stuff.

Final Smash would be Order in the Court. Phoenix yells OBJECTION to trap his opponent, but then the judge appears in the background saying "Objection Overruled!" Tons of noise happens (people arguing in the courtroom blah blah blah) and he smashes his gavel down, yelling "ORDER IN THE COURT!"

Rest is good.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:34 pm

I was drawing a moveset for Phoenix:
S-Tilt- The sneezing (I don't know how to spell it.) from UMvC.
U-Tilt- He throws a object: His Attorney badge, a knife, a book or the King of Prosecutors trophy.

I only drawed those two. :/
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Da Generic Name wrote:

And throwing papers doesn't act like a smash attack. I think the papers can work well for a side special to stun enemies in their place.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:39 pm

IMO, the Side Smash should be the attack from UMvC where he shows a knife that shoots blue projectiles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:46 pm

I always thought his Final Smash could be breaking Psyche-Locks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:47 pm

SmashKing201 wrote:
Da Generic Name wrote:

And throwing papers doesn't act like a smash attack. I think the papers can work well for a side special to stun enemies in their place.
If compared to UMvC3's use, then no, it's a smash. I don't see how papers could stun, either.

The 85. wrote:
IMO, the Side Smash should be the attack from UMvC where he shows a knife that shoots blue projectiles.
I'd like none of him shooting blue beams, thx. Mainly because he never did this in the game, it was just a filler move for MVC3.

Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:47 pm

I found the post where ShadowHunter explained his moveset-

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:48 pm

His Final Smash should either be Objection Overruled or Take That
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:01 pm

My thoughts on some suggestions:

Hitting with The Thinker for side smash - this seems out of character for Phoenix, IMO.
Papers for side special or side smash - Seems more like a side tilt to me.
Det’s idea for FS - It’s good, but I feel like the Level 3 Hyper combo from UMvC3 better represents Phoenix.
Sneezing - I was thinking this could be part of the combo or possibly an aerial.
Leo’s UTilt - Honestly, I’m not sure if I like the idea or not.

Also, should we have Maya as part of Phoenix's moveset? Or just leave her out?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Leave Maya out.

Papers has too much reach in distance to be a side tilt. Side special is more fitting IMO
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 pm

StayPuft wrote:
Also, should we have Maya as part of Phoenix's moveset? Or just leave her out?

I say put her in one or two attacks for the lulz.
Like Dash Attack. That would work.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:07 pm

SmashKing201 wrote:
Leave Maya out.

Papers has too much reach in distance to be a side tilt. Side special is more fitting IMO

It doesn't HAVE to be an exact copy of the move from UMvC3. It can be edited to fit whatever we have it as.
Back to top Go down
Daw
Level 6 CPU
Daw

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:58 am

HOLD IT!
Use some moves from UMvC 3.

Geius,huh? :3
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:50 am

Oh, we are. We've already been discussing it in this thread, actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:41 am

Da Generic Name wrote:
SmashKing201 wrote:
Da Generic Name wrote:

If compared to UMvC3's use, then no, it's a smash. I don't see how papers could stun, either.

The 85. wrote:
I'd like none of him shooting blue beams, thx. Mainly because he never did this in the game, it was just a filler move for MVC3.

If I remember correctly, Captain Falcon never punched with a firey bird, or flame kicked, or the like in his games, nor did R.O.B. shoot lasers, fly, or spin a full 360 degrees. I suppose they are "filler moves" that are worse than blue beams for PW, because at least PW does this somewhere.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:04 am

A lot of Phoenix's Moves in UMvC3 make practically no sense.

Do NOT use those beams attacks.

Keep the Papers as his Side Smash (Unless you prefer to use epic finger pointing powerz) and use the Sneeze as the down smash.
ShadowHunter's moveset is perfect, I say stick with it.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:04 am

But, Sneeze doesn't hit both sides.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:46 am

The 85. wrote:
But, Sneeze doesn't hit both sides.
Mewtwo says Hello
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am

Down Smash that hits both sides. > Down Smash that only hits one side.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 am

The 85. wrote:
Down Smash that hits both sides. > Down Smash that only hits one side.
Totally changes the way you play a character
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:37 pm

But... a sneeze? Just the thought of it being powerful enough to even deal damage is weird, let alone doing enough to deal tons of damage and knockback. I still think that a sneeze as part of the combo would work well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:53 pm

AEM wrote:
A lot of Phoenix's Moves in UMvC3 make practically no sense.

Do NOT use those beams attacks.

Keep the Papers as his Side Smash (Unless you prefer to use epic finger pointing powerz) and use the Sneeze as the down smash.
ShadowHunter's moveset is perfect, I say stick with it.
I agree with everything here.
@Golden: Falcon had nothing to work with. So of course they had to make moves up, same with R.O.B., only to a lesser extent. Phoenix, on the other hand, can be given a moveset that has nothing to do with the UMvC3 moveset. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:22 pm

StayPuft wrote:
But... a sneeze? Just the thought of it being powerful enough to even deal damage is weird, let alone doing enough to deal tons of damage and knockback. I still think that a sneeze as part of the combo would work well...
I suggest forward Aerial then.
Back to top Go down
sonicgx101
Level 4 CPU
sonicgx101

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:37 pm

I have some ideas for Phoenix Wright

Standing attack 1: he takes out some papers

Standing attack 2: he tosses the papers

Walking attack: slaps enemies with papers

Dash attack: Press the witness (UMvC 3)

Up tilt: sneeze (problem solved)

Down tilt: slips and falls

Up smash: points finger upwards (UMvC 3)

Down smash: scratches his head nervously hitting enemies (UMvC 3)

Forward smash: points finger forward (UMvC 3)

Natural special: Objection (this is more of a counter move, he thinks for a while and if hit well you got the idea)

Side special: Hold it (he dashes towards the enemy and if it connects a hold it bubble will appear and stuns the enemy for a while)

Down special: Maya shield (Maya appears and creates a shield just like in UMvC 3, it defends against projectiles,normal attacks and projectile final smashes but breaks against smash attacks,physical special attacks and physical final smashes, also defends from both sides.)

Up special: Rise from the ashes (this is more of a joke and attack put together, phoenix flaps his arms like a bird really fast causing him to fly)

Final smash: The ace attorney (just like in UMvC 3 but different, phoenix points his finger causing a slightly unseen beam to appear,if it connects the enemy pauses while he stands behind his desk and does the final cross examination just like his level 3 hyper combo in UMvC 3)

Taunt: Maya appears parading with confetti phoenix as he scratches his head while blushing

Forward grab: Maya appears and runs while slapping the enemy (level 1 hyper combo in UMvC 3)

Upward grab: Phoenix slaps his enemy upwards with papers

Backward grab: Missile appears from behind the enemy and bites them (UMvC 3)

Downward grab: Maya appears from behind phoenix and falls on her face (UMvC 3)

I hope these ideas help Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:31 pm

Why was this bumped? His moveset has been finalized, and it is a lot better than this one. (although I would like Press the Witness as the Dash Attack)
Back to top Go down
sonicgx101
Level 4 CPU
sonicgx101

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 pm

I'm too late..... D:
well I guess that's it for my ideas.....(walks away in sadness)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion   Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next