Subject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:00 am
Metagame: Phoenix is weak, slow and has little range, but he is not a fighter. Phoenix is a thinker, he counters. His Neutral and Down Specials are both designed to counter both hand to hand attacks and projectiles respectively. If he sucessfully counters one, then his "Evidence File" will fill. As it fills, use the Side Special to launch the foes with one of the most powerful attacks in the game.
- Jab/Combo Phoenix violently searches his evidence files, throwing paper everywhere.
- Side Tilt Phoenix dives to the ground with a magnifying glass.
- Up Tilt Phoenix nonchalantly tosses an object in the air and catches it.
- Down Tilt Phoenix reaches out to grab something from the floor.
- Side Smash Phoenix thrusts a piece of paper forward.
- Up Smash Phoenix punches the air with joy.
- Down Smash Phoenix throws his hands to each side yelling "Hold it!"
- Neutral Air Phoenix flails around, panicked.
- Forward Air Phoenix tries unsucessfully to grab the foe to stop him from falling.
- Back Air See Forward Air.
- Up Air See Forward Air
- Down Air Phoenix comes crashing to the ground, face first.
- Dash Attack Phoenix trips up.
- Edge Attack Phoenix throws his hands in the air as celebration for his lucky escape.
- Grabs Phoenix throws out his hand yelling "Hold it!" and a Psyche Lock appears on the foe. When thrown Phoenix will shout "Take that!" and the enemy will be flung in that direction.
- Neutral Special: Objection! Phoenix prepares his hand, when an enemy attacks him he throws his hand forward and shouts "Objection!". The attack the enemy used to attack Phoenix will then be unusable for a select amount of time.
- Side Special: Take That! When Phoenix deals Specials or Grabs, his evidence file will increase, by using the Side Special Phoenix releases a huge "Take That!" the size of which is dependant on how huge his file is. This will be Phoenix's main source of KO's.
- Up Special: Hold It! If used in the air, Phoenix will jump in any direction you choose. If there happens to be an opponent nearby, a bubble that says “Hold It!” will appear, causing the opponent to be stunned for a short amount of time. Like Sonic, he is able to perform his aerials or specials even when the Up Special is used. If the move was used on the ground, the he will just have the bubble appear in front of him with the opponent stunned for the same amount of time. The higher the opponent’s damage, the longer they are stunned.
- Down Special: Evidence Catch Phoenix opens a briefcase, if an enemy throws an item or launches a projectile towards Phoenix it will land in the briefcase and Phoenix will close it. Phoenix can then use this move again to send the projectile out of the case as a more powerful version depending on how long it has been stewing in the case.
- Final Smash: Final Verdict Level 3 Hyper Combofrom UMVC3
This is the current moveset, it is still open to debate if people want stuff changed.
Subject: Re: Phoenix Wright's Moveset Discussion Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 am
That moveset seems outdated. Isn't the sneeze his side tilt now? EDIT: also, if this is the current moveset, the moveset in the OP in the Phoenix Thread is outdated, and needs to be updated.