There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Sounds borderline complicated like my original concept of Agumon/Greymon with Greymon having a Stamina Meter.
Also, I don't really want automatic Digivolutions or De-Digivolutions in the middle of a fight. Would be horribly unbalanced, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Then a slight alteration. Once the meter is full or empty it stays that way until transformation, digivolution caused by a player input or de-digivolution by loss of stock (only if the meter was emptied before loss of stock, therefore eliminating the unbalanced transform->death->devolve progression)
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:43 am

I don't see anything wrong with the system anymore. Golden?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:00 pm

No offense to perfecthell, but I am having a bit of trouble following what his suggestion is...

Are you saying that De-Digivolution happens only if a KO occurs when the meter is 0?
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm

De-Digivolution occurs when the meter is 0 and Greymon/MetalGreymon get KO'd. Digivolution occurs when the meter is full and an imput is made by the player while playing as Agumon or Greymon. It's that simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Alright, what do you propose Agumon's and Greymon's Final Smash be, then?

I have one for MetalGreymon: Terra Destroyer.

If Final Smashes can be thought of, then this system shall be used.

EDIT: Nevermind. Digimon Wiki helps me once again.
Greymon: Fire Wall
Agumon: Cross Fire
Guess your system is a go.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Cool ... so now what?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:01 pm

Now, we sprite Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Posted the updated system on first post.

Am I correct on everything?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 pm

That increment system doesn't actually work without a lot of lives in the match. 3 kills to digivolve, and that's without any loss of stock yourself?

The bar is something the coders could work out, but i think it should be a bit more complicated than your increment system. Dealing or taking damage should be able to raise or lower it. Taking damage over a period of time without landing any hits yourself should start to decrease the gauge even faster, and stringing hits together well in a short period of time should increase it faster. Finally, taking or losing lives would be a more significant change than anything.

Simply:

Meter is gained by landing attacks. It is gained faster by landing combos and not being hit. It is increased significantly with a KO

Full meter + Player input (TBD) = Digivolution

Meter is lost by being hit. It is lost faster by taking hits over time without landing any yourself. It decreases significantly when a stock is lost.

Empty meter + loss of stock = De-Digivolution

Lastly, there needs to be an indication of full and empty meters, and maybe a few points in between so players can keep track of it. There could be an aura around the head that shifts between two colors to represent meter. For example, if red indicated empty and blue indicated full, the aura would transition like this:
Empty, Low, Neutral, High, Full

Since an aura like that isn't actually canon (as far as i can tell, feel free to correct me), it could just flash color around the head every time a significant margin is reached, not just a constant aura.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 pm

That would be unfair to MetalGreymon, who is not being designed with quick combos in mind being that he's a lumbering cyborg dinosaur.
If he's up against someone like say, Fox, he's screwed if he gets KO'd, as Fox will most likely get enough hits in to knock the meter down to 0.
Not that he's being designed with sucking against fast characters in mind, but he's going to be at a disadvantage with your proposal.
And then what about being able to Digivolve, then suddenly *pew*, hit with a weak projectile that you can't avoid. Say goodbye to Digivolving until you get a hit in.

Digivolving isn't necessary to win and each form has their own strengths and weaknesses.
And if you know it's going to be a short match, then you can just pick the form you want to start with. It's not like you HAVE to start as Agumon anymore; that was thrown out when Digivolving wasn't FS exclusive.

As for knowing when you're able to Digivolve, there are voiceclips from Rumble Arena 2 that state when Agumon and Greymon are able to Digivolve, so I figure they can be used here.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Que Pasa Mufasa wrote:
That would be unfair to MetalGreymon, who is not being designed with quick combos in mind being that he's a lumbering cyborg dinosaur.
If he's up against someone like say, Fox, he's screwed if he gets KO'd, as Fox will most likely get enough hits in to knock the meter down to 0.
Not that he's being designed with sucking against fast characters in mind, but he's going to be at a disadvantage with your proposal. So we make the system damage oriented, so regardless of whether or not combos are possible, it's a matter of who is doing better overall
And then what about being able to Digivolve, then suddenly *pew*, hit with a weak projectile that you can't avoid. Say goodbye to Digivolving until you get a hit in. That can be fixed too. Meter semi-locks in at full or empty positions. Basically you get a bit of protection on full meter, but you can lose it if you take some hits. Conversely, an empty meter stays empty unless you start doing very well before losing that stock

Digivolving isn't necessary to win and each form has their own strengths and weaknesses.
And if you know it's going to be a short match, then you can just pick the form you want to start with. It's not like you HAVE to start as Agumon anymore; that was thrown out when Digivolving wasn't FS exclusive.

As for knowing when you're able to Digivolve, there are voiceclips from Rumble Arena 2 that state when Agumon and Greymon are able to Digivolve, so I figure they can be used here. That just leaves an indication for de-digivolving TBD then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 pm

I really don't like the idea of making it damage oriented. I just don't.

Also, doesn't really need an indication that you are in danger of De-Digivolving. I think an empty meter that flashes red would be enough.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I think what we need is a combination of both of your ideas. Everything about Ph4's proposal stays, but the meter still changes in increments. The damage needed to take without landing a hit is 50%, and the damaged needed to be done without being hit is 40%. These numbers can be adjusted if need be, those were just the numbers that made sense to me initially.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Alright, I guess we can do that, but I feel that we need a way to test this...
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Digimon Trio for 0.8.5!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Lol, that probably won't happen. Possibly 9 or 9.5 at the earliest, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:34 pm

Good compromise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....   There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

There's going to be some.....changes regarding Agumon....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2