View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion   Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 7:39 am

Geometry Dash is a rhythm platformer for mobile and pc. You're like a square and you avoid stuff. Think Vib Ribbon or Melody's Escape only more basic and more addicting. This is not something I can explain very well, but we're here for the stage, not the game it's from.

Anyway, GD: Meltdown is a mobile exclusive in the geometry dash family, and it is composed of 3 stages, at leased as far as I know: Seven Seas, Viking Arena, and Airborne Robots.

Here's all three levels to get an idea of what they look like and how they inspired my design

Background music for the stage

Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion A5ldffy
Series Icon

Spoiler:
Just a quick thing a drew, not that i came up with this stage on the fly, quite the opposite, had this idea in the back of my head for months now.

A little explanation on my idea: It's split into 3 parts, but seamlessly, i guess is the word. The ground in each part is different to match the corresponding level. The Seven Seas section has pillars, a platform, a hanging platform with damaging spikes on the bottom, and 2 pits, one with a monster and spikes in it (You will die if you fall into this one), and one with just spikes that act like lava. The Viking Arena part has torches, which are part of the background, two pillars, a hanging platform with spikes on the bottom, and gears. The gears damage you if you touch them. The Airborne Robots part is just spikes on the floor with background designs to appear like faces. The orb above the first set of spikes in this part will allow for a jump. The blast zones are located at the top and on both sides. Each portion is colored in the same color as their respective levels, ie Seven Seas is grey, Viking Arena has red lines and is colored mostly red, and Airborne Robots is blue.

Q/A

Why a stage from this game specifically?
The music from Geometry Dash got me thinking about a possible stage, so much so I requested (poorly) Theory of Everything a long time ago. At this point, why not put in a GD stage?

Does this mean you're gonna request this character again?
No, I have an even better idea for a fighter that can represent mobile gaming. Well, I might since the 2.0 update actually gives me something to work with

It doesn't seem like you spent a lot of time on this concept, did you just throw something together?
No.

Supporters:
VultureDuck
SnippySnap

Last edited by Snipes88 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.voices.com/actors/snipes88
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion   Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 am

If we have to have one mobile game stage, it should be Angry Birds because it's the most iconic mobile game of all time.
Back to top Go down
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion   Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 4:39 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
If we have to have one mobile game stage, it should be Angry Birds because it's the most iconic mobile game of all time.

True, but that would be predictable for a mobile game stage, so i gave something that no one expected Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.voices.com/actors/snipes88
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion   Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 5:22 am

Interesting stage design and gimmick. Support
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion   Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 5:46 am

Snipes88 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:

True, but that would be predictable for a mobile game stage, so i gave something that no one expected Very Happy

Any mobile game stage would be unexpected tbh.
Back to top Go down
SnippySnap
Level 2 CPU
SnippySnap

Saki

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion   Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 12:20 pm

I support this based on concept, design, and premise. Good job kid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion   Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Meltdown (Geometry Dash) Concept + Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1