Character voice changes suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

Character voice changes suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:21 pm

It kinda bugs me with most fangames when the voice clips are... Inconsistent. This game is no exception. It's not a terrible thing but it just irks me a bit. Now one that I have been suggesting for a while is to change Pac-Man's voice with the one from Pac-Man World 3, mainly as it helps wash the bad taste of Ghostly Adventures out of my mouth and it would be a nice way to represent the PMW series more. And while we're at it, why not make the voices for Knuckles, Tails and Shadow their respective voices from the late GC to mid Wii voices? ((Dan Green, Amy Palant and Jason Griffith))

Their current voices are kinda mixed, and Knuckles' sound rather low quality compared to the others.

Either that or their current age voices, then again we'd need to change Sonic's voice to Roger Craig Smith as well.

....Just trying to keep consistency.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Well, I suggest a Voice Change for Peach, giving her better her Voice from Melee, or her voice from Mario Kart 64.

Frankly, her Voice from Brawl/SSB4 is very annoying for my like...But well...
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:44 pm

What about the one from Super Paper Mario? ((If I can gather clips)) It was basically Leslie Swan's third time reprising Peach. ((Second if you don't count SM64DS))
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
It kinda bugs me with most fangames when the voice clips are... Inconsistent. This game is no exception. It's not a terrible thing but it just irks me a bit. Now one that I have been suggesting for a while is to change Pac-Man's voice with the one from Pac-Man World 3, mainly as it helps wash the bad taste of Ghostly Adventures out of my mouth and it would be a nice way to represent the PMW series more. And while we're at it, why not make the voices for Knuckles, Tails and Shadow their respective voices from the late GC to mid Wii voices? ((Dan Green, Amy Palant and Jason Griffith))

Their current voices are kinda mixed, and Knuckles' sound rather low quality compared to the others.

Either that or their current age voices, then again we'd need to change Sonic's voice to Roger Craig Smith as well.

Pac-Man's PW3 voice would be too "chatty" for Smash. Don't get me wrong, that voice worked well for the more story-based direction PW3 took but it doesn't represent Pac-Man as a whole. I suppose the same could be said about his current voice, but the sounds he make matches with his actions. It would be weird if he shouted out one-liners while dealing out punches and kicks (there's nowhere near enough "grunt" voice clips to full in his attacks).

IIRC the devs mentioned that all the Sonic characters got new voice clips (not sure if that includes Sonic himself).
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:19 pm

You really need to get Geno some better voice acting, his current VA is almost comically bad

also we need the true canon bomberman voice
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 4:47 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
Mario123311 wrote:

Pac-Man's PW3 voice would be too "chatty" for Smash. Don't get me wrong, that voice worked well for the more story-based direction PW3 took but it doesn't represent Pac-Man as a whole. I suppose the same could be said about his current voice, but the sounds he make matches with his actions. It would be weird if he shouted out one-liners while dealing out punches and kicks (there's nowhere near enough "grunt" voice clips to full in his attacks).

IIRC the devs mentioned that all the Sonic characters got new voice clips (not sure if that includes Sonic himself).

I actually have access to most of the game's unused dialogue and clips, I actually managed to get some good fighting grunts if you are interested at all I guess. He wouldn't really be making one liners though aside from taunts/winning I imagine, There is also unused voices from the Namco Transmission V3.2 demo of the game but I'm waiting until a friend of mine gets the disc so I can look into it. ((He would shout "Wahoo!" when swinging down a pole occasionally for instance, Which can be heard in the E3 reveal trailer of the game.))
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Why is this a thing. I would think the devs would update the voices to what they see fit.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Mainly because well, It's generally agreed some of the voice acting isn't that good or inconsistent it seems. Also I figured I may give these to TaxMan to see what he thinks: https://www.mediafire.com/?caawq4jqt9rw8tt
Back to top Go down
JaegerKrieg
Level 3 CPU
JaegerKrieg

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:14 am

Porky/Pokey's voice makes me cringe heavily.

We also need to diversify how often they say things, Hearing Knuckles/Pokey speak up every time they use a certain attack can get fairly grating.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:54 am

Mario123311 wrote:
Mainly because well, It's generally agreed some of the voice acting isn't that good or inconsistent it seems. Also I figured I may give these to TaxMan to see what he thinks: https://www.mediafire.com/?caawq4jqt9rw8tt

I wouldn't consider them all as grunts (maybe the 1st and 5th ones). As for the rest, I think it would be crinch-worthy to hear Pac-Man shout out "take that" and "POW" like that in a Smash game. It just doesn't fit.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:03 am

Heh, am I the only one who pretty much likes all the voices as they are...?
Except for Toad's I guess...why no one ever opts to use the actually-not-horrible-sounding voice he had in the N64 days baffles me, but I guess he wouldn't have as many high quality samples of that, so it's understandable.

Also I miss Captain Falcon's Melee death cry =(
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:16 am

To be honest, Mega Man's high-pitched voice annoys me. I'd rather have him silent with his death sound effect if he gets KO'd.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:27 am

Porky's voice fits the character but he needs to not have a whole line every time he does anything. STOP RIGHT THERE
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 2:48 pm

TaXMaN wrote:
To be honest, Mega Man's high-pitched voice annoys me. I'd rather have him silent with his death sound effect if he gets KO'd.
Yes. YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 3:23 pm

The Sonic characters have already had their voices updated
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Dustination wrote:
Is it the 4kids-era actors or the 2010-onwards actors? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 4:50 pm

And, I don't know you, but I want to better hearing Donkey Kong with his voice from Donkey Kong 64 XD
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Dustination wrote:
But do we still have Stone Fists in there somewhere
I loved that
MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
And, I don't know you, but I want to better hearing Donkey Kong with his voice from Donkey Kong 64 XD
OKAY Character voice changes suggestion Latest?cb=20150419104051
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:18 pm

If Knuckles doesn't say "stone fists" anymore I will start a petition to have this game cancelled
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:22 pm

AmareTSM wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
Yes. YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS.

I'd rather have his voice from Mega Man 8. hehehehehe
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Not Mega Man's voice in this game is his voice from Marvel VS Capcom?
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Rock has his MvC voice in the game as of now, FYI.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 11:41 pm

If you guys wont remove Tingle, then at least change Tingle's voice lines by replacing them all with the versions from his appearance in Hyrule Warriors. In that game, Tingle is at least bearable while still being source-accurate and true to his personality, while in Crusade, he's super-duper obnoxious, and that cannot be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 12:00 am

Am I the only one who is bugged my Ashley's voice? I'm fine with Geno and Porky, but Ashley is the one that bugs me. I think just making her mute would be fine...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 12:17 am

Actually, Ashley's voice is really accurate to the source (good job there).
And with source, I mean Super Mario Maker, because I never took notice of the voice acting in the WarioWare games simply due to the lack of voice acting.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 12:12 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
I never took notice of the voice acting in the WarioWare games simply due to the lack of voice acting.

I hope you mean lack of voice acting in the cutscenes, because when you actually play it, someone says something every time a microgame ends. (With exceptions here and there)
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Well, I know about that, but it's so small and unnoticable, it might as well not be there at all.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 2:38 pm

that could be said about a lot of games.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Some voices are already updated, I could notice Lucario, Ness (ugh why?), Tails and Mewtwo's. And I think Sonic, Knux's too but i'm not sure. I just hope you don't change Fox and Falco's voices (especially Fox)
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 3:29 pm

What are they going to sound like next version? (Just curious if it's the modern or 2005-2009 actors)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character voice changes suggestion   Character voice changes suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Character voice changes suggestion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next