View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Corvid
Level 3 CPU
Corvid

N/A

Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 5:40 am

Toon Zelda should use the Phantom from Spirit Tracks as a main gimmick tbh
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 am

UcheD914 wrote:
Have you seen how powerful those Light Arrows are? There is now way I am adding a Light Arrows as a Special Attack.

Have you seen how powerful Mario's Fireballs are? They one shot kill most enemies.
Have you seen how powerful Link's bombs are? They one shot kill most enemies.
Have you seen how powerful Kirby Sucking and swallowing is? It... literally, one shot kills enemies that get swallowed.
That was the silliest argument you had there Razz
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:35 am

Athorment wrote:
UcheD914 wrote:
Have you seen how powerful those Light Arrows are? There is now way I am adding a Light Arrows as a Special Attack.

Have you seen how powerful Mario's Fireballs are? They one shot kill most enemies.
Have you seen how powerful Kirby Sucking and swallowing is? It... literally, one shot kills enemies that get swallowed.
Not that silly. Mario's fireballs, Link's bombs and Kirby's sucking only one-shots minor enemies.
The Light Arrows, on the other hand, are pretty much Zelda's answer to Spirit Bomb/Genkidama.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:44 am

You usually get Light Arrows right before the final boss, too, and they're among the best weapons in the game.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:25 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Athorment wrote:
UcheD914 wrote:

Not that silly. Mario's fireballs, Link's bombs and Kirby's sucking only one-shots minor enemies.
The Light Arrows, on the other hand, are pretty much Zelda's answer to Spirit Bomb/Genkidama.

Sorry, I forgot they one-shotted Ganondorf. My b.... oh wait, they don't. They only stun him so if you don't capitalize on that you can actually run out of those and Ganon will beat you senseless.

Genkidama? Really? Not even close. But since you brought the Dragon Ball comparison, doesn't Goku's Kamehameha supposed to destroy any enemy hit? what does it do in Crusade again?

Kzinssie wrote:
You usually get Light Arrows right before the final boss, too, and they're among the best weapons in the game.

Right, which also doesn't help contextualizing the amount of power they actually have since you can't use them against other bosses beyond Ganondorf (Who is stunned by them by merely seconds).

Not gonna focus on contextualizing the Light arrows (Summary: They only hurt "Evil". Which means they shouldn't do whack to the likes of Mario, but because darknuts and other creatures were created with dark magic, they magically disolve) so I'm just gonna bring the fact Zelda uses them in Hyrule Warriors.
Sure, in Hyrule Warriors most things are powered up to over-the-top measures, but I'm willing to bet that a Light arrow could have a similar strength to that of Samus' Charge Shot in a gameplay context.
i.e. You gotta charge it up fully for it to be it's most damaging and, if wanting to take it a step further... it could also be balanced.
My suggestion would be that you can only shoot it when fully charged (No midcharge) and probably shouldn't hold the charge (always released, unlike samus' charge shot). This all is relative though, i bet it can be further tweaked as people see fit... but for that to happen people actually have to stop with the "OP" claims and actually discuss things.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:50 am

I didn't think people could care so much over whether or not a character should shoot a bow or not. It's already Zelda's final smash in brawl and wii u, even Nintendo emphasizes how powerful they are.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:24 am

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
I didn't think people could care so much over whether or not a character should shoot a bow or not. It's already Zelda's final smash in brawl and wii u, even Nintendo emphasizes how powerful they are.

Doesn't mean there aren't alternatives. Little Mac's KO punch, Cloud's Finishing Touch and a couple other moves kill rather early under balanced conditions. There's nothing saying Toon Zelda can't use Light Arrows if we find a more unique Final Smash for her.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:32 am

Why not her final smash be a train? Similar to Ganondorf's a train smashes on to the stage and then rolls across, slowly picking up speed.
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Alright, I am thinking of removing Tetra and making her separate from Toon Zelda. What do you think, Super Smash Bros. Crusade Community?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 1:17 am

Eh, I rather want regular Zelda be seperated from Shiek, so Toon Zelda can be unique by keeping the transformation into Tetra.
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 4:08 am

Or all 4 can be separate.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 4:56 am

But then nobody would have the transformation gimmick, and that's bad.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 4:23 pm

But the transformation gimmick is bad and is a waste of an attack

Seriously just give them an actual attack, don't make them change movesets
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 6:17 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
But the transformation gimmick is bad and is a waste of an attack
I wholeheartedly agree with this...as far as I know almost everyone who picks Zelda will either stick to her or Sheik (especially competitively since Zelda is awful in Melee and Brawl, though that's irrelevant)...it feels jarring to switch to a character with a completely different playstyle all of a sudden, and the lack of a d-spec limits both characters' movepools a bit. This doesn't seem any different, really.

That said...since these characters are being suggested as one playable entity along the lines of Zelda/Sheik, I'm...not sure I want to support. Now, if it were just Tetra, on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion   Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toon Zelda (Legend of Zelda) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2