Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JacobDaGun
Level 2 CPU
JacobDaGun

N/A

Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Alright, cut me some slack for being this being my first post, should I happen to mess anything up.

Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion Latest?cb=20110610231254

Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Crono is the silent, red-headed protagonist of Crono Trigger.  Born in the year 1000 AD, he fights with a katana and is of the magical element Lightning/Light.  He has several friends he meets on his quest to save the world, and even travels through time to prevent the apocalypse from occurring.

Hope that was explanation enough...anyway, onto moveset.

MOVESET:

Intro:  Crono steps out of a Gate, which closes behind him, as he unsheathes his katana.
Stance:  His traditional fighting stance when entering a battle;  Both hands gripping the katana held parallel to the ground and positioned roughly below shoulder-height.
Idle:  Crono stretches and yawns before returning to fighting stance.  (If anyone has a better suggestion, please tell me.)
Walk:  Walks forward, katana angled downwards and held slightly lower.
Run:  Dashes forward, body low and katana held behind him and angled downwards.
Crouch:  He crouches.  That is all.
Jump:  He jumps upwards, katana held a bit higher and angled downwards during the jump.
Lying:  He lies down like his animation in-game.
Get-up:  Pushes himself off the ground.
On-Ledge:  Eyes go wide as he leans back, trying not to fall off.
Hanging:  He holds onto the ledge with one arm -- hand and elbow are on the stage itself, mind you -- while the rest of him dangles off the edge.
Ledge Recovery:  He pulls himself up, one appendage at a time.
Taunt:  Holding the katana in one hand held out from his side, he pumps his fist akin to his victory animation from the game.
Shielding:  He holds up his katana tip-down in front of his torso.
Dizzy:  He wobbles a bit, chuckling.  A star dances above his head.  (Think of it like his "confused" state, those who have played this game.)
Victory:  He sheathes his katana, and performs his fist-pump from the game.
--------
Dash Attack:  He swipes his katana forward from the side.
Neutral A/Jab:  A series of 4 sword-strokes.
Forward Tilt:  A lunging slash.
Down Tilt:  He stabs while crouching.
Up Tilt:  He brings up the Katana in an upwards slash in front of him, stopping the blade at about eye-level.  Good kill-power.  (No, this attack does not cover his head.)
Forward Smash:  A two-stroke attack.  He swings downwards, then reverses the blade and swings upwards.  (For those of you who have played the game, think of his critical hit animation.)
Down Smash:  He raises one arm and levitates slightly as electricity crackles beneath him.  Sweet spot at the edges of the lightning.
Up Smash:  He stabs his sword into the air, the blade crackling with electricity a short few frames after the stab.  Hits twice, once during stab and once during lightning.
(Specials at the bottom of the page)
Grab:  Reaches forward with a hand to grab opponents.
Pummel:  Smacks target with the hilt of his blade.
Forward Throw:  Target is slashed at with a katana, sending opponent forward.
Back Throw:  He kicks the opponent behind him.
Down Throw:  He shoves the opponent to the ground beneath him, stabs downwards with the katana, then slashes forwards.  (For those who have played this game, think of when Crono finishes off the Dragon Tank.)
Up Throw:  A jolt of lightning sends the opponent skyward.
Neutral Ariel/NAir:  He crackles with lightning around him.  Multiple hits, low damage.
Forward Ariel/FAir:  He slashes forwards.
Backwards Ariel/BAir:  He kicks behind him with both feet, giving one full rotation before returning to his original position.
Downwards Ariel/DAir:  He slashes downwards with a quick slash, sweet spot meteors at the bottom of the arc.
Upwards Ariel/Up Air:  He slashes above him.
Get-up Attack:  Slashes at either side of him while regaining his footing.
Ledge Attack:  He stabs at the ledge above him, then hoisting himself up onto the ledge.
Final Smash:  Luminaire. Delta Force  Lucca and Marle jump onto the field, calling eachother's names, before the three float into the air, a field of magic appearing in a tall triangle between them.  The field starts firey, before becoming icey, then electrifies, finishing by fading slightly before flashing briefly with light.  Fire deals multiple low-damage hits to opponents caught in the attack, Ice hits them several times (3-4) for moderate damage, with the final attack freezing them for a short while, Lightning dealing one high-damage hit, and the burst of light knocking all opponents skyward.
--------
Down B/Special:  Counter. Combination.  Allows user to scroll through a few elements, shown near the HUD.  These change the properties of Crono's Special moves, but lasts for only 3 attacks.  Elements are Physical (nothing shown), Lightning (A lightning bolt), Water (A water drop), Fire (a flame), and Shadow (A dark star).  

Neutral Specials:
(Phy) Wind Slash.  Crono swings his katana which produces a wind slash that travels along the ground akin to the Ice Climber's Neutral B.  The slash does peter out over time, and dissipates when it hits a wall or reaches a ledge.
(Lig) Lightning.  Crono thrusts an open palm in front of him, shooting a short bolt of electricity forward.  Sweet spot at the end of the bolt.
(Wat) Aura.  When activated, Crono will stand still, a visible aura glowing around him.  Lasts 1.5 seconds before activating, which heals %1 and boosts attack strength and knockback for 4 seconds.
(Fir) Fire Line.  Acts similar to Wind Slash.  Deals more damage and does not travel -- instead remaining a sort of stream or line -- and has shortened reach when compared to Wind Slash.
(Sha) Barrier.  Crono thrusts an open palm forward in front of him, a shimmery, translucent dark wall appearing in front of him.  Reflects projectiles.

Side Specials:
(Phy) Cyclone.  Crono moves forward while spinning around, sword outstretched.  Covers good horizontal distance, even in the air.  Sword is spun horizontally while on the ground, but spun around him while in the air.
(Lig) Frenzy.  A series of 4 advancing sword strokes laced with electricity.
(Wat) Ice Sword.  A slower version of Cyclone that deals more damage at the expense of distance.  The final stroke comes out slower, deals more damage, and has a sweet spot at the base of the blade that freezes opponents on impact.
(Fir) Fire Whirl.  A faster version of Cyclone that has more range at the expense of damage.  This version also makes Crono fall more than usual.
(Sha) Dark Mist.  Crono moves forward swiftly before becoming enveloped by a dark mist.  The mist moves forward for a short while before releasing Chrono, who leaps out of the mist and performing a slash.

Recovery:
(Phy) Spincut.  Crono leaps into the air, katana pointed upwards, before reaching an apex and diving straight down, katana pointed downwards.  Sweet spot meteors slightly after as he begins to dive downwards, opponents struck at the blade take large amounts of damage.
(Lig) Spire.  A similar move to Spincut.  If an opponent is struck during the dive, Crono immediately lands on the opponent and shocks him with a lightning bolt before leaping off.  Also, if an opponent is struck during the dive, Crono can perform another recovery move.
(Wat) Arise.  An angel or cupid flies in and carries Crono upwards.  Covers a lot of distance, but deals no damage.
(Fir) Fire Sword.  Crono slashes upwards diagonally, sword laced in fire, before diving downwards in typical Spincut fashion.
(Sha) Elemental Attack.  Chrono makes 3 leaps in midair, each jump leaving a trail of different elements.  (Fire, Water, Lightning, in that order)  Deals little knockback or damage.

If I missed anything, let me know.  Also, feel free to put in some suggestions for moves, as this is not a definitive list of the only way he can play.  If you have ideas, please feel free to share them, I'd be happy to hear from you!

As to why Crono and not someone else, well...
1)  20th year anniversary of this game.  (Not a solid reason, I know, but still a reason all the same.)
2)  This game sold very well on the SNES, and even got a DS remake.
3)  It would help fill a gap in your roster that is devoid of Final Fantasy.  At least this way, you'd have a Square representative.
4)  You'd make a good amount of people happy, I'd wager.  I've seen fair support for this guy in Smash 4.

Alright, I think that about wraps things up.  Again, if you have suggestions, or would like to support this, leave a comment below.  This is meant to be a discussion, after all.
Again, in no way is this moveset the only definitive moveset for Crono, just my personal opinions and ideas here.  If you have ideas for how I can improve the moveset, I'd love to hear from you.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention something...heh.
As far as sound goes, all you'd need is slashes and the like.  Crono never speaks ever, so, yeah.  Victory theme would be the victory theme used sparingly throughout the game.  Also, as soon as I get a mock-up of the Series Icon and a mock-up sprite of Crono, I will post those as well.

Supporters:
-  VultureDuck
-  <Empty>
-  <Empty>

Last edited by JacobDaGun on Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:05 pm

I'll go support, considering that he is a character from a popular RPG.

I've never played the game, but this is a decent move-set for Chrono (since he has a small movepoll), though, it would be interesting to incorporate Double/Triple Techs.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Better not do it

SSF2 will say that we stole one of their characters
Back to top Go down
JacobDaGun
Level 2 CPU
JacobDaGun

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:33 pm

VultureDuck wrote:
I'll go support, considering that he is a character from a popular RPG.

I've never played the game, but this is a decent move-set for Chrono (since he has a small movepoll), though, it would be interesting to incorporate Double/Triple Techs.

Thanks for your support.
Now, I did consider using Delta Storm or a similar move for a final smash, but choosing JUST one...well...Yeah, I don't know.  Plus, how to incorperate that into a moveset would be tricky to say the least.  Not without extra characters running around.

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Better not do it

...But he's not in SSF2...sure he was in the first game, but he's been gone since and shows little sign of returning...
Plus, who gives two nickels of a crap about what MacLeod Gaming thinks about it really it's not like they care that both games have Goku in them, so why would they care here with a character they haven't used in years?

Something to consider.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Honestly I think Square would best be represented by somebody else with more unique and memorable attributes. I think that Sora, Cloud(Not a fan of him, but hey, he's popular and he has a bit to work with), Cecil, or the Warrior of Light would probably represent square better.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Chrono Trigger is very popular, but it doesn't seem like Crono is that unique of a character. What can he do that no other swordsman can? Supposedly it's something lightning related...

I've played ~2 hours of Chrono Trigger... not enough to really critique a moveset, but the most unique thing I found from the game was the ability to combine characters for special attacks. I wonder if that could be implemented... maybe via a down special that summons a party member, which alters his other specials?
Back to top Go down
JacobDaGun
Level 2 CPU
JacobDaGun

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:28 pm

KingTremolo wrote:
Honestly I think Square would best be represented by somebody else with more unique and memorable attributes.  I think that Sora, Cloud(Not a fan of him, but hey, he's popular and he has a bit to work with), Cecil, or the Warrior of Light would probably represent square better.

True...still, it's a unique idea, no? And, I must admit, I'd love to see Sora.

Roy wrote:
Chrono Trigger is very popular, but it doesn't seem like Crono is that unique of a character. What can he do that no other swordsman can? Supposedly it's something lightning related...

I've played ~2 hours of Chrono Trigger... not enough to really critique a moveset, but the most unique thing I found from the game was the ability to combine characters for special attacks. I wonder if that could be implemented... maybe via a down special that summons a party member, which alters his other specials?

Though, thinking about it, Crusade doesn't really have too many sword users at the moment...but maybe that's just me.
And I know, I toyed with this idea myself, making party members summonable and being able to combo Techs with them...but I just couldn't think of how to pull it off smoothly.  Though...what you're putting out there is actually kind of a cool idea!  Something where you pick an ally based off element (Fire, Water, Physical, Shadow) that changes the B-moves, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:36 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Better not do it

Fuck SSF2, we do what we fucking want. SSF2 can't really say something like that because Crono isn't even a character SSF made, it is from Square.

That aside. I support, I think to make him more unique, you could add lighting in his sword moves, or throw lighting with his sword in the tilts.
Also, it would be better if you add a pic of Crono to the main topic.
Back to top Go down
JacobDaGun
Level 2 CPU
JacobDaGun

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 am

desu wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Better not do it

Fuck SSF2, we do what we fucking want. SSF2 can't really say something like that because Crono isn't even a character SSF made, it is from Square.

That aside. I support, I think to make him more unique, you could add lighting in his sword moves, or throw lighting with his sword in the tilts.
Also, it would be better if you add a pic of Crono to the main topic.

Thank you, and honestly I could do that idea as well to help distinguish him a bit. Also, as far as the picture...forum won't let me "post from other sites", so I can't really put up a picture.
Which is a shame, really.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Incorporate a Triple Tech as his Final Smash and I'll support this.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:14 pm

My SSF2 thing was a joke by the way
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:22 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
My SSF2 thing was a joke by the way

No one really gets too upset about that over here.
Back to top Go down
JacobDaGun
Level 2 CPU
JacobDaGun

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Shiruza wrote:

Well, the the problem with that is that there are so many to choose from, that all behave differently. Personally, I might choose Delta Force or Delta Storm, but you have other options like Frost Arc, Final Kick, Gatling Kick, Ring of Fire, Twister, 3D Attack, and Triple Attack, which all act differently...so, what one to pick?
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:24 pm

JacobDaGun wrote:
Shiruza wrote:

Well, the the problem with that is that there are so many to choose from, that all behave differently.  Personally, I might choose Delta Force or Delta Storm, but you have other options like Frost Arc, Final Kick, Gatling Kick, Ring of Fire, Twister, 3D Attack, and Triple Attack, which all act differently...so, what one to pick?

Well Shulk had an almost literally infinite number of combinations for the Chain Attack and they decided to go with "The swordsman" and "the character that's already an Assist Trophy", then have them swing out random attacks. I wouldn't say just picking one and sticking with it would be that big of a deal in comparison.
Back to top Go down
JacobDaGun
Level 2 CPU
JacobDaGun

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Shiruza wrote:
JacobDaGun wrote:
Shiruza wrote:

Well, the the problem with that is that there are so many to choose from, that all behave differently.  Personally, I might choose Delta Force or Delta Storm, but you have other options like Frost Arc, Final Kick, Gatling Kick, Ring of Fire, Twister, 3D Attack, and Triple Attack, which all act differently...so, what one to pick?

Well Shulk had an almost literally infinite number of combinations for the Chain Attack and they decided to go with "The swordsman" and "the character that's already an Assist Trophy", then have them swing out random attacks. I wouldn't say just picking one and sticking with it would be that big of a deal in comparison.

True, true...
Considering that Lucca and Marle are the first 2 characters you get, and that they would also round out that element list, I think I'll go with Delta Force. Sound good? Good.
Alright, now to go revise a moveset!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Good moveset, but no support. Crono may be memorable, but he's a 3rd party who appeared in one game (though so is Ristar) and there are much more plausible Square characters like Sora or Cloud.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Crono Trigger is one of my most favourite games of Square-Enix ever, by their Gameplay and story.

The moveset sounds interesting. So, support!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion   Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Crono (Chrono Trigger) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1