View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:07 am

adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion Latest?cb=20121116212500&path-prefix=en

Adeleine is a young artist who traveled to Dream Land to improve her art. In the Kirby games, she gets possessed by dark matter and is forced to fight Kirby with enemies that she creates with her paintbrush. In Kirby 64, she will join Kirby on his adventure after she is defeated. Every once in a while she will give Kirby an item like a Maxim Tomato or a 1-UP. In Smash Bros, she is unique due to the fact that her weapon of choice is paint. Although she isn't too familiar with fighting, a lot of other Smash Bros Characters aren't either.

Spoiler:

Supporter List
Spoiler:

Last edited by OmegaSteve777 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:15 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 am

Very nice suggestion and well made moveset.

Cute moveset and very unique, I definitely like it. Honestly, I think Adeleine should be in, but not before Dedede and Bandana Dee. She would be an awesome surprise character, and very unique. Plus, I doubt it's helpful, but hey, Brawl in the Family ( Sad ) boosted her popularity a lot.

Unique moveset, from a very popular game, still actually known..I think she should be in. Support.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:05 pm

I think it goes unsaid that Waddle Dee and Dedede should be added first.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:54 pm

To be honest, I can't really get behind this character. Here are the reasons why.

- She had only appeared in 1 Kirby game out of 14 main titles, 10 subseries, and 3 remakes.

- Brawl In The Family is a fan-made concept that she made most appearances than anything from the official games. The artist of BITF probably has a strong bias for the character or just likes to use her for sticking to the whole art theme.

- We already have Kirby, Gooey, and Meta Knight. If we get King Dedede and Bandana Waddle Dee too, who are bigger names in the series, then that brings us to 5 Kirby characters. A number that seems more than enough for the franchise, imo.

- If you add those 5 characters all together, what do you have? The main protagonist, short-lived sidekick, the rival, the antagonist (sometimes sidekick), and mascot minion (sometimes sidekick). What can Adeleine offer in the cast that hasn't already been fulfilled?

- Why not go for a full-fledged antagonist like Nightmare for example?

- If you want an artist as a fighter, why not try someone less expected and more of an individual franchise like Vince from Art Academy?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:31 pm

-The number of games she has appeared in is...debatable. We could argue that Ado and Adeleine are different characters for hours. But in my heart they are the same person, Ado is just a nick name to fit into the small space that it has.

-Dunno how to respond.

-I made this thread because I felt that maybe even 5 characters wasn't enough. (I really like Kirby)

-What is Krystal? The love-interest?
What is Petey? The plant that appeared in a lot of games at one point?
Don't feel like this is a strong point to use.

-Nightmare is sort of like Kracko, stays in the air and shoots things.

-The idea of making Adeleine a character started when I thought of her summoning an Ice Dragon to fight along side her. Adeleine is known to summon enemies by giving her art life.

But you know, can't say your opinion is wrong. You can believe what ever you want to. I can't stop you. Razz

Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:50 pm

- Though Ado and Adeleine being the same individual is skeptical and there is no confirmation of it, regardless, the character's role is very minor and barely reoccurs in the series.

- Concerning the BITF argument, that is a minority of fans that appear exclusive to Smash/Kirby fans that can only follow it through the internet. BITF really didn't do anything significant for the Kirby series other than giving Adeleine exposure through a minority in the internet. Just saying that BITF is really a minor support for this character's argument.

- Every character is entitled to their own thread, even the least expected ones. As far as more than 5 reps, I think its only viable to add more than 5 if there were at least a good amount of interesting and important characters. Any additional ones besides the 3 existing ones and the other 2 missing feels like a filler that can be better off for introducing a different franchise.

- Krystal is your modern, new gen character of the Star Fox series while the rest of the cast that are reoccurring are from the early, retro times of Star Fox. At least Krystal added dynamics in the plot and even had a significant role in Star Fox Adventure. Adeleine was a 1-time character that build a very minor cult following with Kirby fans. Personally, I find Petey to be a poor choice on the roster. But hey, at least we seen him around in the series multiple times, right?

- Duck Hunt Dog simply grab ducks and laughed. Star Fox sat in arwings and shoot. Captain Falcon drove a racer. Nightmare can offer more than what has been stated with some effort put into thought.

- Summoning art is Adeleine's only strong point based on what has been presented. Though, it may take more than just a playstyle alone to really get people behind this character and to convince the Devs this is worth it. I really don't see much coming from this character other than that.

- Thanks for respecting my opinions ^_^

- Imo, Adeleine is the Geno version of the Kirby series. A one-time character with not much effect in the whole series that ended up building a cult following based on that one game.
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Smash King wrote:
- If you add those 5 characters all together, what do you have? The main protagonist, short-lived sidekick, the rival, the antagonist (sometimes sidekick), and mascot minion (sometimes sidekick). What can Adeleine offer in the cast that hasn't already been fulfilled?

Token Female?

That aside, I don't think she should be given a spot. Maybe more like an assist trophy role.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomics.com/
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:51 pm

I really like Adeleine, but I'm probably biased since Kirby 64 was my first Kirby game. Though, I can see that Krystal and Petey serve much larger roles in their series than Adeleine (Krystal has 3 main games and Petey has been in a lot of spin-offs since Sunshine).

I don't think Kirby really needs more than 5 characters, but I also believe Gooey doesn't really deserve a spot either. I can't really imagine Nightmare being more unique than Adeleine, but he is the series villain...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Nightmare isn't the series villain you dumby. The series villain is King Dedede!

Also, I believe that the main reason that I think Adeleine should be in Crusade is because Gooey is here. They appeared in the same game and that was cool.
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:33 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Nightmare isn't the series villain you dumby. The series villain is King Dedede!

Dedede is more like the Knuckles of the group. Sometimes against the main character, most of the time working alongside him. Dark Matter would be the most likely Main Villain of the series.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 pm

But you fight Dedede a lot.

Dark Matter didn't appear that much.
-Kirby's Dream Land 2
-Kirby's Dream Land 3
-Kirby 64
Beyond that, it's just cameos for dark matter.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Wait... didnt i already post a thread for adeleine?
YOU STOLE MY CHARACTER Mad
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:42 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
But you fight Dedede a lot.
You also fight Knuckles a lot. And like Knuckles, you work with him a lot too. Remember he helps out Kirby a lot more in the recent games. You even get to play as him.

Quote :
-Kirby's Dream Land 2
-Kirby's Dream Land 3
-Kirby 64

Exactly. Every other villain is either a one shot (outside remakes) or turned to good (Dedede).
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:44 pm

dafuq is up with that.

I still believe that King Dedede is the main villain of the franchise. AND NO ONE CAN CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:13 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
-Kirby's Dream Land 2
-Kirby's Dream Land 3
-Kirby 64
That's more than Gooey, and comparable to Bandana Dee (Super Star Ultra, Return, Triple Deluxe?). Actually... there's a thought - what if we made Gooey more dark matter-ish, since he is made of it and all?

Dedede isn't really a villain, Kirby isn't really a hero, and Meta Knight isn't really either. I think that's enough said about those 3... thus the Kirby series doesn't have a villain in Smash.
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Roy wrote:
That's more than Gooey, and comparable to Bandana Dee (Super Star Ultra, Return, Triple Deluxe?). Actually... there's a thought - what if we made Gooey more dark matter-ish, since he is made of it and all?

That sounds like a great idea. His Final Smash could be turning into one of Dark Matter's form.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:31 pm

Hey! Your Moveset sounds interesting.

Adeleine is one of the cutest and charismatic characters in Kirby games ever; it's too sad she hadn't more appearences.

Support!
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:39 am

YES! ADELEINE! MY CHILDHOOD!

*ahem* Support
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Iko
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:16 am

Please, do this! I don't care if I have to wait a lot, please do this!

I basically registered to this forum because of this thread XD
I support.

(I already made a support page on another site with a moveset and I'm very slowly working on a sprite set for this character, but I'm not sure I can post a link here).
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 10:08 am

Support, mainly because I love Kirby! I love you
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 2:11 am

Eh, sure, why not. I'll support Adeleine. But Dedede needs to be in first before Adeleine can be added (don't really care for Bandana Dee).
Back to top Go down
lightdasher
Level 2 CPU
lightdasher

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:41 pm

adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion Tumblr_nryrrtC4XN1r35r4po1_400

I'm familiar with Adeleine as I used to play a lot of Kirby 64 and dreamland when I was little, she was a super cutie, Kirby, Metaknight, Waddle Dee and Adeliene would pretty much rep the entirety of Kirby in my opinion.

So, support!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lightdasher.tumblr.com
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:18 pm

lightdasher wrote:
adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion Tumblr_nryrrtC4XN1r35r4po1_400

I'm familiar with Adeleine as I used to play a lot of Kirby 64 and dreamland when I was little, she was a super cutie, Kirby, Metaknight, Waddle Dee and Adeliene would pretty much rep the entirety of Kirby in my opinion.

So, support!
Oh this is super cute. I like Adeleine as a character, but I'm not sure if I'm supporting quite yet. Except I was the first one to support lol I'm dumb
Back to top Go down
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU
Kirb-Star

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm definitely supporting her, although I'm not really much of a fan of the moveset. I'd post another version later, since I'm a bit too busy.
Add me in the supporter list, too.
Edit:
Here's my own version.
Moveset:

I'm gonna post the costumes I made up for her later. Any toughts on my moveset?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 10:12 pm

I support Adeline entirely. As an artist, I think we need an art character. Yup.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 10:46 pm

I like how this "unimportant" character is getting a lot of love all of the sudden! Thank you guys!

I might retouch the moveset a little bit in the future.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 12:59 am

I would put Adeleine in the same category as Gooey (which is odd, as I have heard of Adeleine and not Gooey), but I still support it. I would, however, leave priority somewhat low so more requested/important characters can get in first
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 1:27 pm

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT PLANET ROBOTOT SPOILERS

Pertains to Adeleine, Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
lightdasher
Level 2 CPU
lightdasher

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 5:30 pm

I think posting "DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT PLANET ROBOTOT SPOILERS" in an Adeleine thread is spoilers in itself
Back to top Go down
http://www.lightdasher.tumblr.com
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 5:34 pm

lightdasher wrote:
I think posting "DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT PLANET ROBOTOT SPOILERS" in an Adeleine thread is spoilers in itself
It's not major spoilers at all, and relevant to the thread. So I do apologize for the spoilers but it's very relevant to the thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion   adeleine - Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Adeleine (Kirby) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next