HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Axtran
Level 3 CPU
Axtran

Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:58 am

Chuck Greene is the main protagonist in not all Dead Rising Games, but a majority and is by far one of Capcom's most famous heroes. In his most famous appearance, he is a tall white guy with short, spiked blond hair wearing a yellow and black motorcross jacket and jeans with black tennis shoes. I tried typing up a description of all his appearances, but it took up a 3 paragraph essay worth of text. But, since Chuck is a player customizable character, he has an infinite number of alt. costumes. But anyway, on to the moveset.

Jab: Knife Gloves (Boxing gloves with knives at the fist) Punch Punch Kick combo
Side Tilt: Machete Slash
Dash: Sledgehammer smash
Side Smash: Paddle Saw (an oar with a chainsaw at each end) Swipe
Up tilt: Tenderizer (MMA Glove with nails sticking out) Upperut
Up Smash: Broadsword swing
Down Tilt: Front Kick
Down Smash: Roundouse kick (Kinda like a leg sweep, but chuck doesn't move)
Nair: Air Kick
Uair: Flip Kick
Dair: Knee drop
Bair: Back air kick
Special: Shot Gun Shot
S-Special: Shed-Cycle (A Motorcross bike with two blades on each side. Chuck would ride this across the stage and damage anyone who touches it. Like the Wario Bike, but faster)
D-Special: Flametrower (A watergun that shoots fire. I know how that sounds, but it is real)
U-Special/Recover: Light Sword (Think color changing lightsabe) Air slash. Chuck would jump up and slash down.
Final Smash: Outbreak (A horde of zombies would start to swarm the stage, closing in on Chuck, while chucks attacks are still working. Touching either the zombies will hurt the other players and Chuck will not take any damage. Chuck can still attack the other players)
Back to top Go down
http://ninjastormer.deviantart.com/
Forest Bug Productions
Level 3 CPU
Forest Bug Productions

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Honestly, I love the Dead Rising trilogy. Seeing either Frank, Chuck, or Nick get in the game would be great (I was going to make a moveset based off of one of them, but you beat me to it I guess). Your moveset for Chuck is good, not great. While I think it's unique, I just think you need to add more moves and addons, like grabs, win/lose animation, etc.
Back to top Go down
Axtran
Level 3 CPU
Axtran

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:54 pm

@Forest Bug
Challenge Accepted!

Grab: Just a standard grab the shirt collar grab/pummel as I don't think thi\ere is a standard grab in any DR game.
F-Throw: Head slam (he grabs the head of his opponent and just kinda Mario 64 long jumps forward and slams the opponents head into the ground)
B-Throw: Suplex (I can't explain what a suplex is, but I can try. He flips the other character over him while holding onto their head. For an added bonus, make a nice WWE game refrence and have the opponent bounce after they hit the ground)
D-Thow Chef Knife Stab (He grabs the neck of the opponent and just stabs them in the chest about 6-times with a generic kitchen knife while generic horror music plays)
U-Throw: Moon Travel(That's a custom name, btw. He pushes the opponent forward, then shoots down towards their feet with the Rocket Launcher ( a wide lead pipe that shoots fountain fireworks), blasting the other player upwards.
Taunt: Celebrate! (Chuck throws his arms up shouting WOO! the first time. the second time, Chuck throws up his right hand and shouts "YEAH!)
Victory animation: Chuck drives up in his motorcross bike and does donuts for a couple seconds before stopping, facing the camera, and saying "For Katey" (I think that's his daughter's name) and pulling out a doll, which would reference DR2: Off The Record.
KLosing Animation: Chuck is knealt down, crying over the same doll from the Victory Animation
Alt Colors:
Red: His DR2: Case Zero attire with a red and black long sleeved tee with the sleeves rolled up to his shoulders with jeans and black shoes.
Blue: The Swat outfit from DR2: OTR and I think DR2 where it's a standard blue SWat outfit with combat boots and the SWAT helmet.
Green: His DR3 Design with the longer hair, the mustache, think Burt Reynolds but with lighter hair and a hint of MGS3 Solid Snake. His clothing would be the same as in DR#, and if I remember correctly, that is a dark green shirt with jeans. correct me if I'm wrong.Yellow: His Default color.

CHALLENGE COMPLETED!

Last edited by Axtran on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forest Bug Productions
Level 3 CPU
Forest Bug Productions

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 5:21 am

Axtran wrote:
@Forest Bug
Challenge Accepted!

Grab: Just a standard grab the shirt collar grab/pummel as I don't think thi\ere is a standard grab in any DR game.
F-Throw: Head slam (he grabs the head of his opponent and just kinda Mario 64 long jumps forward and slams the opponents head into the ground)
B-Throw: Suplex (I can't explain what a suplex is, but I can try. He flips the other character over him while holding onto their head. For an added bonus, make a nice WWE game refrence and have the opponent bounce after they hit the ground)
D-Thow Chef Knife Stab (He grabs the neck of the opponent and just stabs them in the chest about 6-times with a generic kitchen knife while generic horror music plays)
U-Throw: Moon Travel(That's a custom name, btw. He pushes the opponent forward, then shoots down towards their feet with the Rocket Launcher ( a wide lead pipe that shoots fountain fireworks), blasting the other player upwards.
Taunt: Frank West's "Selfie" Where he holds up the camera, pointed towards his face, smiling. I Know Chuck can't do that in game... I think, but it was too good to pass up.
Victory animation: Chuck drives up in his motorcross bike and does donuts for a couple seconds before stopping, facing the camera, and saying "For Katey" (I think that's his daughter's name) and pulling out a doll, which would reference DR2: Off The Record.
KLosing Animation: Chuck is knealt down, crying over the same doll from the Victory Animation
Alt Colors:
Red: His DR2: Case Zero attire with a red and black long sleeved tee with the sleeves rolled up to his shoulders with jeans and black shoes.
Blue: The Swat outfit from DR2: OTR and I think DR2 where it's a standard blue SWat outfit with combat boots and the SWAT helmet.
Green: His DR3 Design with the longer hair, the mustache, think Burt Reynolds but with lighter hair and a hint of MGS3 Solid Snake. His clothing would be the same as in DR#, and if I remember correctly, that is a dark green shirt with jeans. correct me if I'm wrong.Yellow: His Default color.

CHALLENGE COMPLETED!

Now that's what I'm talking about! The only fault with this, personally, is the selfie taunt. I guess it's just because I'm morally against social media & trends, but hey, it's your moveset.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 2:33 pm

I thought Frank West was the face of this franchise
Back to top Go down
Axtran
Level 3 CPU
Axtran

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 7:49 pm

@Smash King

It could be either one depending on opinion because they're both pretty famous Capcom characters
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Support, I personally prefer Nick but either one is fine
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Axtran wrote:
@Smash King

It could be either one depending on opinion because they're both pretty famous Capcom characters

Alright, so as the presenter of this candidate, why should we go for this character over Frank West for example?
Back to top Go down
Axtran
Level 3 CPU
Axtran

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 7:52 pm

@Smash King

From a fighter and moveset stanpoint, they'd be about the same. But from a "Which DR character should be in the game?" standpoint, Chuck is more recognizeable in appearance, while a lot of people know Frank's name. Hell, Alot of people think Chuck's name is Frank. Chuck has been in more DR games than Frank, but sadly, neither of them were in Marvel vs Capcom. Someone needs to fix that. Sorry, that's unrelated but still, Chuck is by far more recognized as the mascot of the series to many people, and even if (Hypothetically (Pun intended, you'll see why)) if Frank were chosen over Chuck, he'd still have the same moveset. But I still think there needs to be more Capcom characters than 1 Megaman character, 2 Street Fighter characters (3 if we count Evil Ryu), and Pheonix Wright.
Yes, I know alot of people would prefer Dante (Devil May Cry) Or Leon (Residentt Evil) as new Capcom representitives, but Chuck is a much better character than Leon, and has more weopons than Dante.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Why do you keep double posting? Stop that
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Axtran
Level 3 CPU
Axtran

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:54 pm

@Dusty Don't you remember? I'm a mobile user. Though now that I think about it, I could change Xbox's IE to be desktop or mobile sooo, my argument became mute.

*ADDITION*

I just realized something I forgot to add, since Chuck and Frank would function the same anyway, Chuck could have his black costume be Frank. No, you would not have to change the shape of the sprite. The sprite would have sunglasses, black hair, a full black tuxedo with black shoes, and that's it. There. Now, I forgot his Idle animation: He stands, kinda hunched at a 170 degree angle with his arms resting at his side, in the same fation, with his feet spread out. Now, I'm gonna go find out who Nick is, and then I'm gonna try and use the edit button. UPDATE: Nick would probably be the brown color. Anyway, Imma go play DR2: OTR and try to forget that I left stuff uncompleted and that my spelling/grammar mistakes say that I understand English about as well as the 4Kids dub of One Piece.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:23 pm

but the nick shirt is blue not brown
Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion 587806dz
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:00 am

Axtran wrote:
Chuck could have his black costume be Frank. No, you would not have to change the shape of the sprite. The sprite would have sunglasses, black hair, a full black tuxedo with black shoes, and that's it.

..That's still spriting two different characters. It would take up just as much space to do this as it would be to change the "shape" in any way. Not to mention if we had one as a costume, Frank would be the main character.

But regardless, no alternate costumes. Period.

Axtran wrote:
From a fighter and moveset stanpoint, they'd be about the same. But from a "Which DR character should be in the game?" standpoint, Chuck is more recognizeable in appearance, while a lot of people know Frank's name. Hell, Alot of people think Chuck's name is Frank. Chuck has been in more DR games than Frank, but sadly, neither of them were in Marvel vs Capcom. Someone needs to fix that. Sorry, that's unrelated but still, Chuck is by far more recognized as the mascot of the series to many people, and even if (Hypothetically (Pun intended, you'll see why)) if Frank were chosen over Chuck, he'd still have the same moveset.

That's hilarious.
First off, Frank West was playable in Ultimate Marvel v.s. Capcom 3. That alone tells me you have not done your research. On top of this, Frank was playable in Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Lost Planet 2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and Project X Zone. Was Chuck in any of these games? The answer is no, and he has yet to appear in any game outside of the Dead Rising franchise.

Speaking of the Dead Rising games, let's address this little statement right here:
Quote :
Chuck has been in more DR games than Frank

Chuck has appeared in one more Dead Rising game than Frank, if you count Case Zero and Case West, which are essentially a demo and dlc (respectively) to the second game. If you're talking about playable appearances, however, Chuck and Frank have both been playable the same amount of times within the Dead Rising universe. That's not counting the Mobile game and the Wii remake, either. If we were, Frank has not only made more appearances but been playable more times.

Take note that the Wii game is the only instance where a main series DR game has been playable on a Nintendo console. The other games including a Dead Rising character playable on Nintendo hardware are TvC and Project X Zone. Frank West was in all three of these games, with Chuck nowhere to be seen.

His appearances in the Dead Rising series coupled with his appearances in other games make it obvious that Frank West is intended to be the mascot of the franchise, as well as the most relevant Dead Rising character to Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Axtran
Level 3 CPU
Axtran

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Dustination wrote:
Axtran wrote:
Chuck could have his black costume be Frank. No, you would not have to change the shape of the sprite. The sprite would have sunglasses, black hair, a full black tuxedo with black shoes, and that's it.

..That's still spriting two different characters. It would take up just as much space to do this as it would be to change the "shape" in any way. Not to mention if we had one as a costume, Frank would be the main character.

But regardless, no alternate costumes. Period.

Axtran wrote:
From a fighter and moveset stanpoint, they'd be about the same. But from a "Which DR character should be in the game?" standpoint, Chuck is more recognizeable in appearance, while a lot of people know Frank's name. Hell, Alot of people think Chuck's name is Frank. Chuck has been in more DR games than Frank, but sadly, neither of them were in Marvel vs Capcom. Someone needs to fix that. Sorry, that's unrelated but still, Chuck is by far more recognized as the mascot of the series to many people, and even if (Hypothetically (Pun intended, you'll see why)) if Frank were chosen over Chuck, he'd still have the same moveset.

That's hilarious.
First off, Frank West was playable in Ultimate Marvel v.s. Capcom 3. That alone tells me you have not done your research. On top of this, Frank was playable in Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Lost Planet 2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and Project X Zone. Was Chuck in any of these games? The answer is no, and he has yet to appear in any game outside of the Dead Rising franchise.

Speaking of the Dead Rising games, let's address this little statement right here:
Quote :
Chuck has been in more DR games than Frank

Chuck has appeared in one more Dead Rising game than Frank, if you count Case Zero and Case West, which are essentially a demo and dlc (respectively) to the second game. If you're talking about playable appearances, however, Chuck and Frank have both been playable the same amount of times within the Dead Rising universe. That's not counting the Mobile game and the Wii remake, either. If we were, Frank has not only made more appearances but been playable more times.

Take note that the Wii game is the only instance where a main series DR game has been playable on a Nintendo console. The other games including a Dead Rising character playable on Nintendo hardware are TvC and Project X Zone. Frank West was in all three of these games, with Chuck nowhere to be seen.

His appearances in the Dead Rising series coupled with his appearances in other games make it obvious that Frank West is intended to be the mascot of the franchise, as well as the most relevant Dead Rising character to Nintendo.

The main reason I originally picked Chuck over Frank was because in the Dead Rising canon, Chuck is the main hero. But regardless of that, you gave me an idea. Just got to edit something there and... DONE
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 1:28 am

[quote="Axtran"]The main reason I originally picked Chuck over Frank was because in the Dead Rising canon, Chuck is the main hero[/quote]

When has Chuck been the main hero in the DR canon? Frank has, and always will be. Frank also has been in crossovers, so it makes sense for him to be in. (If there is an error it's my first time making a comment here. No0b alert)
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 am

Braystar wrote:
When has Chuck been the main hero in the DR canon? Frank has, and always will be. Frank also has been in crossovers, so it makes sense for him to be in. (If there is an error it's my first time making a comment here. No0b alert)

Probably the same way that Megaman Volnut was the main character, but Tron Bonne was the one making cameos to represent the series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomics.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 12:53 pm

That's an awful comparison, because MegaMan Legends was awful, while Tron Bonne's spin-off was nice. Plus, Tron Bonne to Volnutt is not what Frank is to Chuck, as far as I remember.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 1:07 pm

TrinitroMan, stop treating your opinions as fact, and have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Not a good idea.

I love Dead Rising, but it'd be very weird to see a rep of that before Resident Evil, Darkstalkers, DMC..

You're saying "Chuck is the protag of Dead Rising" "Chuck is the mascot" "Chuck has a better moveset"

1. No he's not. Frank West is. He is the one who exposed the government and all. He is frequently mentioned in all games.
2. No. He's. Not. Frank is legendary. Everyone who knows their Capcom knows some of his quotes. Nobody thinks that Chuck's name is Frank, dude.
3. Doesn't make sense. Frank could borrow moves from DR2 and DR3 if needed. A "Composite Character".

You also don't seem to know your facts, seeing as Frank West WAS playable in UMVC3.

And as a bit of a side note...you have 25% in your life bar left. Read the rules a few times, because you may run out soon, and no one wants that.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 6:13 pm

[quote="AkumaTh"][quote="Braystar"]When has Chuck been the main hero in the DR canon? Frank has, and always will be. Frank also has been in crossovers, so it makes sense for him to be in. (If there is an error it's my first time making a comment here. No0b alert)[/quote]

Probably the same way that Megaman Volnut was the main character, but Tron Bonne was the one making cameos to represent the series.[/quote]

Who is more liked? Tron. Frank is also more liked than Chuck. Why do you think Off The Record was a thing? Because we want Frank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion   Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Chuck Greene (Dead Rising) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1