Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! Empty
PostSubject: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:26 am

Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! 175?cb=20140721212232&format=webp

Isabelle first appeared in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, in 2013. Players found her to be a cute and helpful secretary who makes sure to take no breaks, and is willing to help all the way.

Isabelle is almost like the secondary character of New Leaf, being the primary minor events host, your faithful secretary, and generally, a helpful character.

After her appearance in New Leaf, she was spotted as an assist trophy for Smash Brothers 4. No, not Tom Nook, no, not Blathers, but Isabelle was featured in Smash Bros. She appeared to support the fighters, giving them fruit to heal themselves.

And THEN she was featured in Mario Kart 8! It surely seems Isabelle's getting-BUT WAIT! Now a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate felyne costume of Isabelle! Isabelle's getting quite the p-HANG ON! A new Animal Crossing spin-off....with Isabelle as one of the first amiibo cards.

Now that I'm no longer being interrupted, I was trying to say, Nintendo's giving Isabelle quite the push, don't you think? She's appeared in games even unrelated to Animal Crossing-and in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's case, without the Mayor!

Isabelle isn't a "fad character" like others on here-she's almost the new Tom Nook. Of course, she likely wouldn't be featured before the Mayor, but I have a feeling we'll see him soon in Smash Crusade.

What am I missing? A moveset! Of course. Let's get to that now.

Normal Attacks

Jab: Wimpishly punches forward then finishes off with a winded up kick.

Side Tilt: Swings out a toy hammer, from one of the Island mini-games.

Normal Aerial: Claws at the enemy, releasing her true canine instincts.

Forward Aerial: Throws a beehive at the enemy, and if it hits, bees fly out.

Backwards Aerial: Same thing, just backwards.

Up Aerial: Does two backflips in midair, kicking forward during so.

Down Aerial: Dives downward, headfirst, and if Isabelle doesn't hit an enemy, takes 1% damage.

Grabs

Normal Grab: Headbonks the opponent repeatedly. A pretty normal grab.

Forward Throw: Double slaps the opponent, then smashes an orange in their face, sending them back.

Back Throw: Swings the opponent backwards and does a back-kick in the air. Does decent damage.

Down Throw: Gets out a bag of bells and drops it on the enemies face, and the enemy goes flying.

Up Throw: Attaches the opponent to a balloon, sending them upward, and the balloon then pops, making the enemy fall flat on their face.

Special Attacks

Standard Special: Gets out an apple, and steps back, winding up her hands and the apple. She charges the apple based on how long you hold the standard special button, and damage depends on charge when released. If barely charged, the apple goes for a bit but then falls. If fully charged, apple goes like a speed demon! Very rarely Isabelle will pull out a bomb, and when hastily thrown, it will blow up in an enemies face.

Side Special: Reveals a hefty bag of bells and opens it to behind her, and it begins to blow away, taking Isabelle with it. It goes directly to the side. Think Villagers Gyroid Rocket without exploding, but with wind effects. Eventually, the bag deflates and falls to the ground, causing a bit of lag. Helpful for recovering and blowing enemies off the stage.

Up Special: Hitches a ride on Pete! Hanging onto his feet, Isabelle can fly far upward and around vertically for a few second. If you tap the up special button enough, Pete gets a big burst of power and flys far up. Pete eventually flies away and Isabelle plummets to the ground, taking no damage.

Down Special: Puts down a pitfall. Does this very quick, though the pitfalls are quite small. She can replant them every 3 seconds, and have up to three on the arena at a time. When the enemy falls into a pitfall, they're stunned. Isabelle can beat up on them during this, making, perhaps, for a good finishing move.

Side Smash: Gets out an axe, and flashing a terrifying and evil grin, cuts forward with it recklessly. The first strike does the least damage, the second strike does the middle damage, and the final strike does big damage. This is hard to land since it's so slow, but it's worth a shot.

Up Smash: Isabelle gets out a letter and waves it in the air, like one of her felyne costumes poses. She does a little dance while doing this. The letter becomes much bigger as it goes up and goes slightly to the side each moment. It's easy to land this move if you're under an opponent. If you're beside an opponent and use this, the letter sends off a little wave of energy.

Down Smash: Sneezes. Just sneezes. However, the sneeze has a large hitbox and can hitstun the opponent. Isabelle has a bit of hitlag after this move, but it's a heavy hitter for a sneeze.

Final Smash: Public Works Project

Isabelle gets out a hammer and gets to work. The PWP is either the Dream Suite, Cafe, or Club LOL. Each grow quite big, and the move is like Dr Wrights assist move as in it hits opposing enemies if it contacts them. At the end, Isabelle uses the hammer one last time and the building comes crashing down, debris hitting both Isabelle and opponents.

Victory Poses

1: Flashes a big, mouth open smile, and gives a peace sign.

2: Does the Shrunk Shuffle.

3: Fires off a party cracker, like in the PWP celebration.

Taunts

1: Begins to speak in Animal Crossing sounds, tilting her head then smiling. What is she talking about? Who knows.

2: Gets out a watering can and waters the ground surrounding her.

3: Opens and reads a letter.

Whew! I tried my best on this thread as a newbie, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

However, there is one big thing stopping Isabelle getting in as I said before: No Mayor, yet. I believe that she would indeed be great as a second rep for Animal Crossing, which deserves a second rep in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:53 am

I think you accidentally made 2 topics

BUT Isabelle is a character that I've supported for a bit, I actually made a moveset of my own with some help from AEM not too long ago

IMO the only way she can really work is "accidentally" attacking opponents, somewhat like Phoenix Wright in a way, though arguably moreso... Isabelle using an axe just seems out of character, to be frank

Here is AEM and I's moveset, it isn't complete but the basic idea is that Isabelle excels at setting things up on the stage, which is a reflection of how she wants the town in improve in Animal Crossing; while the Villager in smash is focused on the general things you do, Isabelle's moveset is mostly focused on how you improve/do things around your town
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptySun May 17, 2015 11:00 am

First off, your name is incredible. I am willing to bow down before you if you promise to never delete your account, so your name may be remembered by everyone on these forums.

Second of all, nice moveset. I absolutely adore Isabelle and I love how Nintendo aren't just making her a minor character like, say, Rover. I was actually gonna cook up a moveset for Tom Nook, but I guess that can wait. One idea I have for her moveset is her Up Smash, where a small star would appear slightly above her and hit her on the head and then bounce off like in the Mistaken expression, which she uses a lot. Maybe she could use some other expressions in her moveset, since she is a very expressive and happy character.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:44 pm

StayPuft wrote:
I think you accidentally made 2 topics

BUT Isabelle is a character that I've supported for a bit, I actually made a moveset of my own with some help from AEM not too long ago

IMO the only way she can really work is "accidentally" attacking opponents, somewhat like Phoenix Wright in a way, though arguably moreso... Isabelle using an axe just seems out of character, to be frank

Here is AEM and I's moveset, it isn't complete but the basic idea is that Isabelle excels at setting things up on the stage, which is a reflection of how she wants the town in improve in Animal Crossing; while the Villager in smash is focused on the general things you do, Isabelle's moveset is mostly focused on how you improve/do things around your town
Spoiler:

I got a bit burnt out at the axe part-I should fix that up. I can't agree that accidents are the only way Isabelle would work-she's not actually clumsy. Great moveset, though. Maybe a bit too much set-up for that metaphor.

Also, deleted the other topic.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Mellon wrote:
First off, your name is incredible. I am willing to bow down before you if you promise to never delete your account, so your name may be remembered by everyone on these forums.

Second of all, nice moveset. I absolutely adore Isabelle and I love how Nintendo aren't just making her a minor character like, say, Rover. I was actually gonna cook up a moveset for Tom Nook, but I guess that can wait. One idea I have for her moveset is her Up Smash, where a small star would appear slightly above her and hit her on the head and then bounce off like in the Mistaken expression, which she uses a lot. Maybe she could use some other expressions in her moveset, since she is a very expressive and happy character.

Thanks bud. Love the name myself. Now bow down.

Just kidding! Yeah, Nintendo's definitely not neglecting Isabelle-and I still say go for the Nookster. And I may use that expressions idea.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptySun May 17, 2015 6:17 pm

Sorry for the triple post, but no one else has posted yet besides you two, so, what could it hurt?

Do you guys think Isabelle would come before another AC rep? I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
The Real Rita Mordio
Level 2 CPU
The Real Rita Mordio

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:45 pm

I give Isabelle my full support.

I'm one of those fan boys that absolutely loves her, and I personally think she would be perfect in Crusade. I know for a fact I would main her.

From my own opinions, I personally think she would be included before a 'Mayor'. Why? When you think of Animal Crossing (At least the newer one), You think of her. She seems to be the face of Animal Crossing for now, so I say we let her have her glory~

I have my own little moveset for her, but as for your final smash, I think it's perfect for her~ I won't list my own moveset for her unless asked to do so, but...Full support all the way! :3
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Me personally, I think I need to see if Isabelle will actually be a long term character rather than a fad. Not saying that she is a fad but I kinda fell she got thrown to be accepted as this mascot a decade after the series started.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptyThu May 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Smash King wrote:

Me personally, I think I need to see if Isabelle will actually be a long term character rather than a fad. Not saying that she is a fad but I kinda fell she got thrown to be accepted as this mascot a decade after the series started.

Honestly, New Leaf began its reign released in 2012, and it's been 3 years. Throughout those 3 years, Isabelle has only gotten more and more popular and in more and more games. I don't think she's going to be just a fad.

Isabelle's definitely not the mascot, but she's amascot, for now.

(also, thank you for being nice about it! newbies first post, lmao)
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Hey guys. I feel it's time I rewrite this, my very first character topic.

Now that Happy Home Designer is out and amiibo Festival is nearly out, Isabelle's reign has been assured. She is not a fad character.

But how can I improve her moveset wise? What can I implement from Happy Home and amiibo Festival, for example?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!   Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand! Empty

Back to top Go down

Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Discussion: Give a helping hand!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1