Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion Empty
PostSubject: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:45 am

Introduction
Hey, I'm back again! So, after seeing Starfy return as an assist trophy in Smash 4 it got me thinking: "Who is this guy? He seems pretty interesting..." and now I am completely hooked on the series. For the large majority of uninformed people out there, The Legendary Starfy was a japan-only series of games for the GBA and DS, which spanned 4 titles before being brought over to the world with The Legendary Starfy for the DS, which makes 5 games total. In these games you play as Starfy, the heroic but whimsy prince of the Pufftop kingdom. What sets his games apart from other platformers is 1: The water-oriented levels and 2: Starfy's main attack, the Star Spin. So, I'm here today to bring you a moveset for the Legendary Hero Prince himself (See what I did there?) Starfy!

Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion StafyBrawlArtwork

Pros&Cons
PRO: He's from a slightly more obscure series
PRO: The Legendary Starfy series is one of the only games partially owned by Tose Co., Ltd, which would give them a rep.
PRO: Most of his games are well-received by critics and fans alike.
PRO: He was possibly planned for Brawl due to his trophy being "Fighter related" (Though this may be because he appeared alongside Wario in one game...
CON: Not many moves in his arsenal.
CON: His games aren't that different from Kirby games.
CON: Has only had 1 game outside of Japan.

Moveset
Since Starfy is able to knock out foes pretty easily in his games but is pretty whimsy, I imagine Starfy having great knockback on most of his moves, but not being able to rack up damage as easily. He should also be medium weight and the same size as Kirby. Since I'm in a bit of a hurry here and haven't actually played much Starfy myself, I'm not going to make an entire moveset. Feel free to add some ideas below!

A attacks
AAA: Two punches, followed by a /-angled spin, very similar to Falco's AAA combo.
Dash attack: A belly slide similar to Warios. Great knockback, but only deals 4% damage.

Side Tilt: A handstand kick, like Pikachu's side tilt. 7% damage with barely any knockback.
Up Tilt: A spin while jumping, similar to Sonic's up smash but with shorter range and a Tornado spin instead of a ball spin. Deals 7% damage with mediocre knockback.
Down Tilt: Starfy spins while on the ground, similar to Starly's Low Spin. Deals 5% with okay knockback.

Get up-attack: Starfy Deals 7% damage.
Ledge attack: A somersault that deals 4% damage and barely any knockback.

Smashes
Side Smash: Ultra Star spin. Starfy spins like a tornado and moves slightly forward, which deals 17% damage uncharged, has extreme knockback but big end lag

Up Smash: Magical Coin. The Magical Coin from Densetsu no Stafy 4 (The Legendary Starfy 4 in Japanese) is hurled into the air and deals 15% damage with little to no end lag. Has a similar range to Sonic's up smash.

Down Smash: Shooting Star. Starfy quickly jumps up in the air while doing frontflips and crashes down towards the ground, sending out a short-ranged shock wave that damages foes. Deals 15% damage and has great horizontal knockback, but the long startup and medium endlag makes this move pretty risky.

Aerials
Neutral Air: Starfy spins once in the air, like Warios neutral air. 6% damage with great knockback

Forward Air:Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion ST1_Dance0e Starfy claps in the air and a small star is created, which has similar properties to Weegee's down tilt. Barely any end lag or startup, which means it is easily comboed into.
Back Air: ???

Up Air: Starfy's younger sister Starly appears above Starfy, and together they spin like Samus' up air. Deals 8% damage and has decent knockback.
Down Air: Starfy spins like a drill and moves straight down. Meteor smashes on the "drill's" tip, and deals 10% damage with okay knockback otherwise.

Specials
Neutral B: Star Spin. Starfy charges before unleashing a Star Spin, which has him spinning around the battlefield like Meta Knight's Neutral B. Can be charged to 4 different levels. The first one deals 7% damage upon hitting an enemy and lasts for about as much time as Meta Knight's tornado, and the rest of the levels are just +3% for each level, with longer duration aswell.

Side B: Mighty Star Spin. Instead of charging an attack, Starfy starts spinning immediately when the move starts, dealing 8% damage. However, this move lasts for as long as the player holds down the B button, gaining more strength and knockback the longer it goes. However, it also gains more end lag the longer you go, so it's a high risk-high reward move.

Down B: Monamu Heal. This move (Which comes from the Japan-only Densetsu no Stafy 4 by the way) summons a Nurse that floats behind Starfy. Every few seconds, this nurse will drop a healing powder onto Starfy, which heals him 3%. The Nurse can be attacked and defeated, and once it is defeated it can only be summoned again if the player is K.O'd. The Nurse has a pretty big lifebar, however.

Up B: Air Jump. Taken from basically every Starfy game in existance, this has Starfy jump on thin air in an angle decided by the player, not unlike Rosalina's up special in Smash 4. Deals no damage and has little to no endlag.

Final Smash!
Powerful Spin: Once again taken from Densetsu no Stafy 4, our cute prince teams up with his best friend Moe the clam and spins around the field like in his Side Special with Moe. If Moe hits a target, it will deal 15% damage with extreme knockback, and if Starfy hits a target it deal 8%, with good knockback. Lasts for as long as most tranformation final smashes do.

Other Stuff
Entrance: ???
Victory: Some part from this dance
Sleep: Starfy takes out a sleeping bag and goes to sleep, like he will do if he's idle in The Legendary Starfy.
Idle 1/2/3: ???
Taunt: Starfy becomes dizzy and starts wobbling back and forth.
Crawl: No
Crouch: Starfy ducks to half his size.
Dash: Starfy's legs go all swirly (Think Sonic's dash with a bit of cartoonish-ness sprinkled in) and his eyes go full Shocked

Last edited by Mellon on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:52 am

Some of your pros are opinion, I would suggest avoiding that
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Fixed it, I think...?
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Please put Starfy in!! Vote 10/10 stars!!   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Dustination wrote:
Some of your pros are opinion, I would suggest avoiding that
Please put Starfy in! I am voting for him and he was one of my favorite Japanese exclusive Nintendo characters!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 6:57 am

Smashfan247 wrote:
Please put Starfy in! I am voting for him and he was one of my favorite Japanese exclusive Nintendo characters!! Very Happy
Whew, finally someone notices this thread! So, do you have any suggestions? Ideas for, say, his back air?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:37 pm

support
Back to top Go down
Smashfan247
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 3:31 am

He was one of my first two characters in my own smash bros game. All I can say is Starfy's final smash should be the dragon suit and most of his attacks could be shooting or using his starfish like tentacle arms. Someone could use Starfy's original sprites ripped from the game and use it for his fighting moves in Smash Bros Crusade.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Munkeeman
Level 2 CPU
Munkeeman

munkeeman10

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 11:21 am

Support! Starfy is one of my favourite DS games of all time, and was a massive part of my childhood. I would kill to have him in any Smash game!
Back to top Go down
Steven
Level 1 CPU
Steven

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 8:28 am

Little feedback from me to you; especially in the tilt section you often write things like 'this move is similair to', try avoid that. Unique tilts are really important to making a character feel unique. Try to think of things only a starfish could do, like shurikening and extending pointy bits and w/e.

Also on a more personal note I really dislike fan-made moveset that suddenly put entirely random concepts in random moves, like the up air which features Starfy's sister all of a sudden. It feels really kind of random and shoehorned to me.

Other than that, pretty fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Support. Should have been promoted in Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion   Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1