Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:32 am

As far as I know you can't use final smashes in the battle against Master Hand (well atleast you couldn't in ver 0.8.4 and no items appeared in the official smash titles during that battle). But just run this by me again: why would Dark Knight stand on Master Hand's palm? Isn't there something else from Shovel Knight he can stand on (even if it's a generic floating platform)?
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:02 am

Sure...but that's lame.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:59 am

Master Hand has absolute NOTHING to do with Dark Knight (unless he somehow appeared in Shovel Knight, which I strongly doubt). Besides, is a platform really the thing that highlights Shovel Knight's Final Smash?
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:12 am

Okay, okay, sheesh. Just thought it would be fun, but a platform works well, too.

WAIT, WE'VE FORGOTTEN SOMETHING.

THE BEST PART ABOUT SHOVEL KNIGHT

THE REASON IT'S BEING PORTED TO SONY CONSOLES.

IT'S....THE USELESS CROUCHING!

DO IT

DO IT

DO IT

NOW

YOU DID IT

PROJECT M GIVE IT UP

WE HAVE THE USELESS CROUCH

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

SHOVEL KNIGHT SUPPORT

USELESS CROUCH SUPPORT

Last edited by Mellon on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:25 am

USELESS CROUCH CONFIRMED! IN MOVESET NOW!

Sorry Mellon, guess Master Hand can't make it for the Final Smash.

As for that Mobile Gear, I think it should do minor damage with no knockback as it falls, like in the game. And, like in the game, it should fall slowly enough for Shovel Knight to land on it from a jump. Should I specify that in the OP?

Also, added the Chest mechanic to the Neutral Special, made the pogo-shovel the recovery, made the Down Air the /I-move-thing, and put Black Knight in Catch Her.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:29 pm

Glad to help.
Back to top Go down
TheAmazingMemer
Level 1 CPU
TheAmazingMemer

Faves3000

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 7:16 pm

I'd like to start this thread back up because I love Shovel Knight and I just want him in Smash in some form. And with the new version of Crusade on the way, I'd wanna remind people that this is a possibility. I mean, I even wrote my own moveset.

Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks for the support! I looked at your moveset, it's not bad, though since I don't think Customs are a thing in Crusade, I feel it's better to incorporate the Relics in the regular moveset. But thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
TheAmazingMemer
Level 1 CPU
TheAmazingMemer

Faves3000

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Thanks for the support! I looked at your moveset, it's not bad, though since I don't think Customs are a thing in Crusade, I feel it's better to incorporate the Relics in the regular moveset. But thanks for the input!

Yeah I made it before any Smash 4 DLC was actually out, just what I think it would be should he get in with customs, but I might change it up soon without the customs

EDIT: There are no customs, the moveset accomodates for the rest of the relics, and I even added a stage idea as well
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Hm, I didn't think to work the Phase Locket in as the Dodge animation. I like it, and it's the last Relic left unaccounted for. Mind if I put it in?
Back to top Go down
TheAmazingMemer
Level 1 CPU
TheAmazingMemer

Faves3000

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Hm, I didn't think to work the Phase Locket in as the Dodge animation. I like it, and it's the last Relic left unaccounted for. Mind if I put it in?

By all means, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 3:53 pm

So Shovel Knight has an Amiibo. Even if this doesn't lead to an official Smash release, it has to diminish the idea that Shovel Knight doesn't have an exclusive for the Nintendo side.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomics.com/
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Indeed. And, I read that it was apparently Nintendo's call for there to be no exclusive content on their consoles initially, because they wanted their exclusive to be something only they could do, and different from PS and XB.
Back to top Go down
Baconshark
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:01 pm

I support your idea and another idea would be adding someone from the Order of No Quarter
Back to top Go down
TheAmazingMemer
Level 1 CPU
TheAmazingMemer

Faves3000

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Baconshark wrote:
I support your idea and another idea would be adding someone from the Order of No Quarter

While I don't really have anything against this, I think Shovel Knight's the most recognizable character and really, the series itself deserves to have only one representative if any, so the most logical option would be the protagonist himself, Shovel Knight. The only one who comes close is Plague Knight, because he's getting his own campaign set to release very, very soon.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with TheAmzingMemer. I think Shovel Knight himself more than deserves to get in, but there's only one game so far, and it's not so influential as to deserve a second rep already.
Back to top Go down
ZaiWolfgang
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:22 pm

perhaps the final smash could be that shovel knight summons shield knight and black knight to help him in battle or heck maybe even some of the order of no quarter each with different attacks who knows.

P.S. Support
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Doesn't sound like it'd be impossible to make work, but it does sound like it would be fairly chaotic. Plus, The Order of No Quarter are specifically Shovel Knight's enemies, so the only ones that would make sense to include would be the playable ones: Plague Knight, King Knight, and Specter Knight. Not a bad idea, and maybe I'll give it more thought if you can think of a way for it to work, but I'm not really feeling it. Sorry.

Thanks a lot for the support, though, and if you have any other ideas, please share them!
Back to top Go down
AngryThunder
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 5:48 pm

I think is a good idea, and before i think he will have the moveset of toon link but no i aprobe this jeje (sorry for my bad english i speak spanish) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks, and no big deal! Also, for the sake of the stats, do you support Shovel Knight?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 pm

I'd count that as a support.
Back to top Go down
ArtyTank

ArtyTank

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 3:33 am

You can count me as a supporter, fantastic game and character.

I was thinking for Shovel Knight's recovery,
Spoiler:
Similar to Ness and Lucas' recoveries requiring some extra player
input.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks for the support, both of you! Added to the list.

If I remember correctly, ArtyTank, either I originally had that as the recovery, or it was considered during the discussion. It makes sense, for sure, but the pogo-bounce is a basic, necessary function throughout the whole game, as opposed to Shield Knight's boost which only appears in the Final Boss. Not saying I'm not open to changing it, if enough other people think it should be changed.
Another concern that was raised earlier, regarding one of the previous incarnations of the Up Special, was potential spoilers. I do think that working with Shield Knight in the final fight is a really cool, well implemented moment, and knowing it's coming kind of ruins the surprise of it.
Back to top Go down
ArtyTank

ArtyTank

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 7:31 pm

That's a very good point about the spoiler opportunity I hadn't considered that, And considering anyone may first be exposed to Shovel Knight in this game that could be a serious strike against using this as a recovery.

I can personally attest to the surprise and impact
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 7:09 pm

I absolutely support him!I love you
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks! x3
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:43 am

Should look into Custom Knight for more moveset inspiration, he has so many more unique tools at his disposal it's crazy.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Wow. That's really awesome, and I am so frustrated it's exclusive to Wii U and 3DS owners.

A couple of these seem similar to some parts of the moveset already (Flareo Wand:Side Tilt) However, here's why I don't agree with incorporating Custom Knight moves into Shovel Knight's moveset:
1. I don't really feel like the moveset as it is needs much change. If someone thinks something doesn't work, obviously I'm willing to reconsider.
2. If Shovel Knight is in Smash, be it Sm4sh or Crusade, I feel like the original character, and how he plays, is what should be represented in the moveset. Especially for Crusade, a PC game, since Shovel Knight for PC doesn't have Custom Knight. Also, I am rather fond of the fact that the current moveset manages to represent all the relics, the three main Wandering Travelers, all three Shovel Blade upgrades, Black Knight, Shield Knight and the dreams, the crouch, and the basic gameplay mechanics.
3. Custom Knight is, by it's very nature, about personalization. It's about tailoring Shovel Knight's gameplay to your tastes. If a character is repped in Smash, it should be that actual character, rather than the optional, exclusive Custom version of them that's going to be unique to every player. To me, having Custom Knight moves in Shovel Knight's moveset would be a bit like having moves only usable by a custom fighter (in Soul Calibur) in Kilik's moveset
4. WOW THAT'S A LOT OF REALLY COOL NEW MOVES. If Custom Knight moves were to be implemented in Crusade, I think they'd do best as a full character, a Shovel Knight Alt. Since I don't own a Wii U or 3DS, I don't know personally how these new abilities work, so I'd need some help. But I would be very interested in making a Custom Knight moveset.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 4:27 pm

While you might feel like it fits better as an alt, I think the current moveset can be improved with them. For example, putting Rising Dagger as up special (it's basically Propeller Dagger except goes up) allows his down aerial to be the pogo, making him feel more like his original self.

I don't have the amiibo yet, so I can't really commentate on how most of the moves work.

EDIT: One of his new relics involves actually swinging the anchor in front of him, which might work better than 'throwing it with a chain'.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Okay, that's not a bad idea. For those who know, how do the Rising Dagger and Tow Anchor exactly work? Does the Rising Dagger have the same re-usability as the Propeller Dagger? And how does the Tow Anchor function?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next