HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion   Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion   Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1517-suggestion-for-simon-belmont-s-moveset
"Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum."

I guess it was moved to one of the development sections? Is this confirming Simon for the game?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion   Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Roy wrote:
Perfect Hell wrote:
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1517-suggestion-for-simon-belmont-s-moveset
"Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum."

I guess it was moved to one of the development sections? Is this confirming Simon for the game?

No, it was moved to the trash bin because it wasn't supposed to be visible. Whoops.

Here's the moveset:
Ness_64 wrote:
I was playing some Castlevania games recently, and tried to do a complete moveset for Simon Belmont based on what I could see as abilities useful as moves in Smash Bros, since he's going to be in Crusade. I believe this could be of use as suggestions about his actual moveset.

Simon himself can't do much, because all he has is his whip and the subweapons, but the Castlevania franchise as a whole expanded the abilities for the Belmont characters and he's the only one of the entire franchise in Crusade, so he has access to many good possibilities if we don't limit him.

Well, here it is.

- - - - -

The core idea of this moveset is Simon being able to use every basic sub-weapon from the original Castlevania series. That would be the Knife, Cross, Holy Water, Axe and Stopwatch.

Other normal attacks should include things he's able to do with the whip, and secondary abilities from other main characters from other Castlevania games. That way, he can have a pretty solid moveset while repping the Castlevania series well enough.

Here, he's designed to be a slow but strong character, with medium/heavy weight and moves with good range. This can reflect the Belmont characters's controls in general (as in most older games they are stiff), and just like in the Castlevania games, it makes Simon a good character to play, but requires some technique to play well.

And he could have a general gimmick similar to Marth's sword, where the tip of the Vampire Killer in all whip moves does more damage than the rest of the whip.

- - - - -

Jab/Combo: Brandish Whip. Simon does two quick hits forward with his whip. After the second one, the whip stops and "falls" on what would be the third hit, and if the player taps the button quickly after that, Simon will spin the whip. When stopped (if held), it protects against weak projectiles and slightly reduce the damage made by stronger ones.
As he was the first character to do this in the series - hell, it'd be his signature ability if it weren't for the other Belmont -, this MUST be on his moveset in some way.

Dash Attack: Simon does a slide kick. Based on Richter's Slide move from Symphony of the Night and similar to Mega Man's dash attack.

Up Tilt: Simon does a whip attack directly upward. Based on his ability to use the whip in multiple directions from Super Castlevania IV.

Up Smash: Simon throws an Axe sub-weapon above him, in an arc with good vertical distance, but poor horizontal distance (the axe barely falls in front of him). Strong and can help against aerial attacks, but a bit hard to use. When fully charged, he throws 3 at once.

Forward Tilt: Simon does a single attack with the whip. Stronger than the Jab/Combo hits, but it's slower. It's the equivalent to the classic whip attack.

Forward Smash: Flame Whip. Simon uses all his strength in a hit with his whip, ignited in flames. One of his strongest attacks and (obviously) does fire damage.

Down Tilt: Simon attacks with the whip directly forward while crouching.

Down Smash: Simon does the same slide from the dash attack, but it's stronger and has much shorter range. Of course, this moves him a bit forward.

Neutral Aerial: Simon does a simple whip attack, much like the F-Tilt. It reflects the normal aerial attack with the whip in the games.

Up Aerial: Simon does a quick uppercut. Weak and small range, but its sweetspot (right in the "middle" of the move) has strong knockback.

Forward Aerial: Knife Sub-weapon. Simon throws the Knife/Dagger sub-weapon forward. His weakest projectile and small, but can stop most attacks and goes forward until leaving the screen. If the player presses the attack button right after throwing the knife, Simon can pull and throw another one.

Back Aerial: Simon turns around and throws himself backward a bit while spinning his whip. Slow, but good range and decent damage and knockback.

Down Aerial: Simon does a kick while diving. Based on the Jump Kick, that some characters are able to do in the series, like Maria Renard, Soma Cruz, Alucard and Julius Belmont. It does average damage and knockback, but Simon has way more horizontal control during this move than other similar attacks (like Link's or Bomberman's Dair) - he's even able to move in a diagonal direction while using it -, and it only ends when hitting something or landing.

Neutral Special: Stopwatch Sub-weapon. Simon pulls a Stopwatch and starts to charge it - some hearts fly out of it while charging.
When used, a negative barrier around Simon is created, and it stops anything in contact with it, including projectiles. Obviously, the barrier is bigger and the "stop" is longer with more time charged (up to 3 seconds at full charge). But he can charge only once; the next time he uses the move, he'll use it right away.

Side Special: Cross Sub-weapon. Simon throws a Cross sub-weapon (the classic boomerang one) directly forward.
It goes a good distance in medium/slow speed, stops, stays in place for a bit, then comes back much faster in the opposite direction (instead of returning to Simon's hands). It comes out fast and he can throw up to 3 at once, but when all 3 are thrown, he can't throw again until all 3 leave the screen. If one comes in contact with Simon when returning, he catches and stores it, allowing to use it again early. His best projectile attack, but requires careful use.

Up Special: High Jump/Uppercut. An ability that Richter and Julius Belmont are able to use. Simon does a high jump while doing an uppercut. Good vertical recovery move, but Simon has little to no horizontal control during it.

Down Special: Holy Water sub-weapon. Simon throws a bottle with Holy Water diagonally downward. When it hits the ground, it breaks and makes a blue fire wave that travels along the ground a good distance and does multi-hit fire damage.
If the bottle hits someone before hitting the ground, it explodes and leaves a blue flame in the air doing the multi-hit damage. He can have only 2 flames or bottles out at a time.

Forward Throw: Another attack with the Flame Whip. Simon simply throws the target forward, but then immediately uses his Flame Whip attack. His best throw in terms of knockback and the whip comes out fast.

Back Throw: Agunea Sub-weapon. Simon spins the target similar to Mario's B-Throw, and as soon as he releases him/her, he uses the Agunea sub-weapon from Symphony of the Night, shooting a small transparent blue projectile at the target. When hitting the target, lightning flies out of Simon's hand. Good damage dealer and decent knockback on its final hit.

Up Throw: Bible Sub-weapon. Simon releases a Bible sub-weapon - another from Symphony of the Night - with one hand while holding the target with the other.
The book circles in an outward spiral around him and does multiple hits on the target and anyone else near Simon. He holds the target until the attack's almost done, when the book itself does a final upward hit before flying off and disappearing, launching the target up along with it.

Down Throw: Simon throws a bottle with Holy Water just below the target. It's a green flame more like the classic attack (and the aerial version of the D-Special): the flame stays there, doing multiple hits and a last strong hit before vanishing.

Final Smash: Rosary Item Crash
Item Crash was another ability that only Richter Belmont could use. It consists of a (way) more powerful version of the sub-weapon equipped. For the Final Smash, Simon uses his own version of Item Crash, but with the Magic Cross/Rosary item.
That was the cross item that killed everything on the screen when the player got it in the older games.

Simon jumps and lifts the Magic Cross. After this, he stays in the air while a lot of normal crosses (the actual boomerang sub-weapon) fly out of him in all directions in a circular pattern, hurting anyone on contact.
After some crosses are thrown, the screen flashes and a big semi-transparent blue cross appears behind Simon (almost mimicking Julius's Grand Cross).
When this happens, everyone takes damage. It'll be much stronger in players hit by the crosses previously thrown (or by the giant cross itself), but everyone takes the attack anyway.

- - - - -

So, I hope I helped with some ideas for this character Smile
I really liked the Castlevania games I played recently, and I don't want any potential he can have wasted, since he's the only character from the franchise in Crusade.
(of course, other characters could get in as DLC, but I won't risk that...)
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion   Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Oh, i didnt realize the trash bin was off-limits. That explains it.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion   Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:58 pm

That's annoying, how the thread is in the trash bin.

The thread itself contained a lot of feedback from PH and others, with many of the changes accepted by Ness_64. But none of those changes were edited into the OP. We're still looking at an earlier draft of a much better moveset.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion   Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 3:25 pm

I like the moveset, but I do have one suggestion. If we'd be giving Simon, Richters Slide attack as a dash attack. I think we should consider adding in the jump that's possible after sliding in SOTN. It gives Simon a bit more mobility and it allows for mixups with the same move. Like doing the dash attack (Slide) then hitting the button again would make him do the slide-jump Richter has.

If you have no idea what I mean. This video at :30-:40 will make it obvious.

It's just a small idea I had that could give him a unique dash attack and possibly give him mobility options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion   Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon Belmont (Castlevania) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2