View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kirb-Star
Level 3 CPU
Kirb-Star

N/A

Lucario Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Broke The Screeen wrote:
No I won't at least explain why, because it should be obvious.
Welp, if somebody asks you an explanation, then it's not obvious enough.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 5:44 pm

What would be dumb is if Mewtwo didn't take inspiration from Pokken because his Smash incarnation is retarded
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 8:21 pm

"No I won't at least explain why, because it should be obvious."
Well I must be retarded then, I can't see the obvious reason he shouldn't take some inspiration/moves from Pokken.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Broke The Screeen wrote:
No I won't at least explain why, because it should be obvious.

That's some facebook political debate-tier rationale there.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:08 pm

"I suggest this"

"That's stupid"

"But why"

"It's obvious so I won't tell you"

""Thanks""
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 4:55 am

Real smart with those "".
Why not think about it.
It's like playing Mario but with a different moveset from the official smash games, like let's say his up b is replaced with the Tanooki suit as a recovery, or some other attacks. That would be a little bit confusing. And when you switch back from Crusade to smash 4, if you've played smash 4 more, you'll get used to that and forget some attacks are changed in Crusade and you mess up some stuff. It's exactly that. I mean the only thing that doesn't work like in the official games in Lucario in Crusade is his up b, down b and his final smash, which wouldn't really matter unless you're playing casual. I would be fine if he got a new moveset, but if it's a seperate form.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 5:18 am

Broke The Screeen wrote:
It's like playing Mario but with a different moveset from the official smash games...
That's why I hate Little Mac in Crusade, but LOVE him in Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Broke The Screeen wrote:
Real smart with those "".
Why not think about it.
It's like playing Mario but with a different moveset from the official smash games, like let's say his up b is replaced with the Tanooki suit as a recovery, or some other attacks. That would be a little bit confusing. And when you switch back from Crusade to smash 4, if you've played smash 4 more, you'll get used to that and forget some attacks are changed in Crusade and you mess up some stuff. It's exactly that. I mean the only thing that doesn't work like in the official games in Lucario in Crusade is his up b, down b and his final smash, which wouldn't really matter unless you're playing casual. I would be fine if he got a new moveset, but if it's a seperate form.

But Wario in PM is way better

And Pac-Man in Crusade is pretty cool too
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 5:22 pm

"Real smart with those ""."
My quotes don't work, is that ok?
"It's like playing Mario but with a different moveset from the official smash games, like let's say his up b is replaced with the Tanooki suit as a recovery, or some other attacks. That would be a little bit confusing. And when you switch back from Crusade to smash 4, if you've played smash 4 more, you'll get used to that and forget some attacks are changed in Crusade and you mess up some stuff. It's exactly that."
So? We don't have to 100% follow Smash exactly. And considering Smash does change moves from different games anyway, that point is dumb.
"I mean the only thing that doesn't work like in the official games in Lucario in Crusade is his up b, down b and his final smash, which wouldn't really matter unless you're playing casual."
What does casual play have to do with anything?
"I would be fine if he got a new moveset, but if it's a separate form."
So after all that, you then say 'It's ok, alt moves!'. What was the point of arguing anyway?
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:14 pm

I don't think that we are searching for parity with the official versions of characters in all cases. Some examples being Pac Man and Ganondorf.
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 6:17 am

Braystar wrote:
"Real smart with those ""."
My quotes don't work, is that ok?
"It's like playing Mario but with a different moveset from the official smash games, like let's say his up b is replaced with the Tanooki suit as a recovery, or some other attacks. That would be a little bit confusing. And when you switch back from Crusade to smash 4, if you've played smash 4 more, you'll get used to that and forget some attacks are changed in Crusade and you mess up some stuff. It's exactly that."
So? We don't have to 100% follow Smash exactly. And considering Smash does change moves from different games anyway, that point is dumb.
"I mean the only thing that doesn't work like in the official games in Lucario in Crusade is his up b, down b and his final smash, which wouldn't really matter unless you're playing casual."
What does casual play have to do with anything?
"I would be fine if he got a new moveset, but if it's a separate form."
So after all that, you then say 'It's ok, alt moves!'. What was the point of arguing anyway?
The point was why changing Lucario's CURRENT moveset to include Pokkén attacks isn't a good idea. Jfc.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Yet you still really haven't proved why it isn't a good idea.
Even Dust agreed that Pokken Pokemon having Pokken moves wouldn't be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 2:30 am

I did. I'm not going to explain further.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 3:12 am

You really didn't.
I'm not going to argue with someone who has no argument to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Broke The Screeen
Level 3 CPU
Broke The Screeen

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 4:23 am

Braystar wrote:
I'm not going to argue with someone who has no argument to begin with.
sadly I did this with you.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 8:42 am

Lucario or any other Pokemon in Pokken Tournament that are in SSBC could get any moves from Pokken Tournament, but wouldn't it be better to add a Pokemon from Pokken Tournament to SSBC like Blaziken, Gengar, Machamp...? We could take some inspiration for their moves from Pokken Tournament.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 3:24 pm

desu wrote:
Lucario or any other Pokemon in Pokken Tournament that are in SSBC could get any moves from Pokken Tournament, but wouldn't it be better to add a Pokemon from Pokken Tournament to SSBC like Blaziken, Gengar, Machamp...? We could take some inspiration for their moves from Pokken Tournament.

*cough* chandelure *cough*
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Well...I'm no expert on Pokemon but my only input will be to, in any case, make him stronger.

I remember once when I was using him and got like a 13 hit combo and only racked up about 66% damage.

As for moveset I can't comment.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 6:03 am

I believe that's the point. He gets stronger as he gets more damage.
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 12:34 am

im glad that alternate playstyle is coming out, lucario is not a tanky pokemon and is in no way meant to gain damage for getting ddamage. dumbest mechanic ever, and i love this pokemon to death.

now, pokken influence? cud be useful for some normals. up strong could be a forward smash. reminds me of fox fsmash.

i dont see it as a necessity but if people push for it, he is my pokken main and i could ddraw up some adaptations.

still, seriously wondering what the hell that up tilt is
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 3:33 am

Would be interesting to take some inspiration from Pokken, but I don't think that it is a requirement. But that Up-Tilt. I think that the arc kick was removed for quicker design

While I like using Lucario in the main Smash games, I do like him alot more in Project M; instead of an Aura system, he(?) had a system where he could interrupt a few attacks with others (I can remember a Dash-Tilt-Smash combo, but I can't entirely remember if there were more)
Back to top Go down
Szion
Level 2 CPU
Szion

szionblue

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 1:28 am

wheeled_tank wrote:
Would be interesting to take some inspiration from Pokken, but I don't think that it is a requirement. But that Up-Tilt. I think that the arc kick was removed for quicker design

While I like using Lucario in the main Smash games, I do like him alot more in Project M; instead of an Aura system, he(?) had a system where he could interrupt a few attacks with others (I can remember a Dash-Tilt-Smash combo, but I can't entirely remember if there were more)

I happen to be a PM lucario main

He can cancel in this order Jab/dash attack > tilt > smash > special
he can jump up the chain but not down. Dash attack > smash. dash attack > special, but not smash >jab

Project M had him 100% correct. Rewarding a pokemon with good offense stats , ok speed and awful defenses for GETTING HIT. MAKES NO SENSE.

PM lucario, in addition to being able to on-hit-cancel (meaning the attack MUST CONNECT TO CANCEL) his aura mechanic was reversed. He is awarded a super for every 50 damage he deals. they are activateed with A after pressing the B move. B>A = aura "bomb" side B > A = charged force palm, and A allows u to cancel instantly out of up b and down B.

I think Lucario could use some pokken moves and i see NO REASON for them not to be there, up X makes a good F smash, some field phase moves could make good tilts.

but i think pm moveset is better inspiratioon than pokken..
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Lucario Discussion - Page 2 V2z0w010
you could also use an aura charge to cancel out of his down and up b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucario Discussion   Lucario Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucario Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2