HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goku Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

Goku Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:02 am

Second. I wish the Kaioken Final Smash was back.

Also, his Down B in Kaioken kinda sucks now. The spike is so high in the air that most of the time opponents don't even need to meteor-cancel to recover from it.

Otherwise the new Goku's grown on me. Took some getting used to but I think he's more fun overall.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:04 am

Falcon8r wrote:
Second. I wish the Kaioken Final Smash was back.

Also, his Down B in Kaioken kinda sucks now. The spike is so high in the air that most of the time opponents don't even need to meteor-cancel to recover from it.

Otherwise the new Goku's grown on me. Took some getting used to but I think he's more fun overall.

Yes, but... That *animation*! *^*

The flash is worth to setback to me, overall; All I've really wanted was a Goku who feels like Goku and this is *perfect* for that (He even has the blast uppercut!! : D )
Back to top Go down
CrownTheGatsby
Level 1 CPU
CrownTheGatsby

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 1:29 pm

goku needs to turn ssj by his special.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 8:50 am

CrownTheGatsby wrote:
goku needs to turn ssj by his special.
"Special"? You mean his final smash? In the old versions he turned SSJ during his Kaioken final smash.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:43 am

can someone explain why goku is in the game? i think that for the one 4th party character we should have bugs bunny.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:09 am

bubsyplz wrote:
can someone explain why goku is in the game? i think that for the one 4th party character we should have bugs bunny.

Goku's been in the game for a while now and even received a respite recently. I bet a LOT of work was done to add him to Crusade's roster. Why replace him with a brand new 4th party that no one wants? What a waste of code and sprite work (and balancing) that would be. You should really think your suggestions through.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:59 am

TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:

Goku's been in the game for a while now and even received a respite recently. I bet a LOT of work was done to add him to Crusade's roster. Why replace him with a brand new 4th party that no one wants? What a waste of code and sprite work (and balancing) that would be. You should really think your suggestions through.
how about 2 4th party characters? one for cartoon fanatics and one for otakus.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:15 am

bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:

The rules clearly states no more 4th parties, so that won't be happening.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:40 am

TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:

yeah, but goku is in the game. why is he in??
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:46 am

bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:

Original devs put him in, the current team decided to keep him.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:59 am

Slissith wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:

Original devs put him in, the current team decided to keep him.
so why not add more? the damage has already been done. goku is unique even if there are more 4th party characters!
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:23 am

Here's a quote from the rules concerning character suggestions.
Quote :
Goku will remain the ONLY 4th party character in Crusade
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3493-rules-characters-with-existing-threads-please-read-before-creating-a-topic

Hope that clears some things up.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:26 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Quote :
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3493-rules-characters-with-existing-threads-please-read-before-creating-a-topic

but why?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:52 am

bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
Quote :

but why?

Because he's already in
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:54 am

bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
Quote :

but why?
We don't want to end up like SSF2 where a decent fraction of characters are 4th party. It doesn't look very nice in the long run.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
Quote :

but why?
We don't want to end up like SSF2 where a decent fraction of characters are 4th party. It doesn't look very nice in the long run.
is it too hard to ristrict to 2?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 am

bubsyplz wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
Quote :

but why?
Short answer: yes.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:51 am

TaXMaN wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
Quote :

but why?
Short answer: yes.
no it aint you just -goku -bugs, done.
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:18 am

bubsyplz wrote:
Fixed.

The decision to add Goku was done in the ancient times and with a more different dev team. (and I mean really ancient) If he was not in the game's very early life span in the first place. He would pretty much be never considered at all.

Also, we said it before and again and again. We already made our minds on this ages ago. No more "4th parties" ever again. No exceptions. So don't bother wasting time trying to make us think otherwise.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:24 am

Mp3 Toaster wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
Fixed.

The decision to add Goku was done in the ancient times and with a more different dev team. (and I mean really ancient) If he was not in the game's very early life span in the first place. He would pretty much be never considered at all.

Also, we said it before and again and again. We already made our minds on this ages ago. No more "4th parties" ever again. No exceptions. So don't bother wasting time trying to make us think otherwise.
i will get bugs bunny in no matter what the costs... BUGS FOR APEX 2016!!
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:35 am

bubsyplz wrote:
Mp3 Toaster wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
Fixed.

Goku Discussion - Page 2 9k=
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:56 am

bubsyplz wrote:
Mp3 Toaster wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
Fixed.

Nobody actually wants Buggs Bunny (literally just you), there are people who like Goku. There are people who actually request Goku for real Smash. Not to mention that there are a ton of very popular DBZ video games.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 12:02 pm

I feel as if the reason that Bubsyplz is asking for Bugs Bunny is because Bugs had a fair share of Nintendo games, such as the Crazy Castle series and Birthday Blowout. That just names a few. I'm not advocating for Bugs to be in Crusade, but I think that he has reason to suggest.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:59 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
I feel as if the reason that Bubsyplz is asking for Bugs Bunny is because Bugs had a fair share of Nintendo games, such as the Crazy Castle series and Birthday Blowout. That just names a few. I'm not advocating for Bugs to be in Crusade, but I think that he has reason to suggest.
no, i'm requesting bugs because of the original bugs bunny looney tunes cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:40 am

bubsyplz wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
no, i'm requesting bugs because of the original bugs bunny looney tunes cartoons.

See, one of the primary reasons Goku made it into the game is that he has a presence in video games. The original Budokai games are some of the most popular spin-off games I know of, and it's not like they were the first Dragon Ball games. The first game based on Dragon Ball was produced in 1986.

And then you have this game, which gave us the idea originally that Goku could work in a 2-D fighting environment. Goku's original Crusade sprites were from this title.
Goku Discussion - Page 2 VegetaVsGoku(DBZA)

I don't think Goku would be in the game if he weren't a video game personality. We realized Smash was about bringing together video game icons, and only certain characters would qualify. However, Goku is a bit of fan-service, I will admit. Smile
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:21 am

Falcon8r wrote:
bubsyplz wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:

See, one of the primary reasons Goku made it into the game is that he has a presence in video games. The original Budokai games are some of the most popular spin-off games I know of, and it's not like they were the first Dragon Ball games. The first game based on Dragon Ball was produced in 1986.

And then you have this game, which gave us the idea originally that Goku could work in a 2-D fighting environment. Goku's original Crusade sprites were from this title.
Goku Discussion - Page 2 VegetaVsGoku(DBZA)

I don't think Goku would be in the game if he weren't a video game personality. We realized Smash was about bringing together video game icons, and only certain characters would qualify. However, Goku is a bit of fan-service, I will admit. Smile
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_featuring_Bugs_Bunny
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 am

bubsyplz wrote:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_featuring_Bugs_Bunny

Compare those 9 games to the list of ~80 games that Goku has been in.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:55 am

Goku is from an anime. His fighting moves are over the top but varied, and he is pretty much the most popular anime character ever. (Even though I really don't like DBZ...)

Bugs bunny is a cartoon. His show is ridiculous and he is probably not the most popular cartoon caracter in existance. Plus, Bugs Bunny is not a character you can take seriously.
Back to top Go down
bubsyplz
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 am

Mellon wrote:
Goku is from an anime. His fighting moves are over the top but varied, and he is pretty much the most popular anime character ever. (Even though I really don't like DBZ...)

Bugs bunny is a cartoon. His show is ridiculous and he is probably not the most popular cartoon caracter in existance. Plus, Bugs Bunny is not a character you can take seriously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVtRDbGqmZU
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:30 am

Mellon wrote:

Off-topic but Mellon your signature is gigantic dude.

I agree, Bugs would just feel a bit out of place. It would start to feel like Mugen if we started putting characters like Bugs in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goku Discussion   Goku Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goku Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next