View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 500px-MKPC_Big_Bob-Ombsomeday
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:27 am

The new Yoshi and Shy Guy colours are available now if you pre-order both packs, like I did... It's fun! Very Happy

They also work online! Really glad this DLC is happening.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:49 am

Instant pre-order for me, the content on offer here is just insane.

I'm just downloading the Yoshi and Shy Guy stuff now.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 8:11 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:

It honestly is. MK8 was $60, and to get 4 cups, 16 tracks, thats half of MK8's, for the price of $12 (If you get both together), plus you get 9 Yoshi and Shyguy colours, 6 characters, and 8 karts. This is REALLY good DLC, and a really good offer. COME ON DOWN AND GET YOUR MARIO KART DLC NOW. ONLY $11.99.

In all seriousness, good deal. I'll be playing a lot more now.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 8:16 am

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

It honestly is. MK8 was $60, and to get 4 cups, 16 tracks, thats half of MK8's, for the price of $12 (If you get both together), plus you get 9 Yoshi and Shyguy colours, 6 characters, and 8 karts. This is REALLY good DLC, and a really good offer. COME ON DOWN AND GET YOUR MARIO KART DLC NOW. ONLY $11.99.

In all seriousness, good deal. I'll be playing a lot more now.
Not to mention four of the stages are from Zelda, Animal Crossing, Excitebike (Allegedly) and F-Zero.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Playing right now for about 2 hours if anyone wants to join me, I'll be on the chatbox! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Playing for about another 2 hours if anyone wants to join, I'll be on chatbox again... Please? Razz
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:48 pm

This thread just makes me jealous that I don't have a Wii U so I'll just avoid it

already broke my own rule
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 pm

StayPuft wrote:
This thread just makes me jealous that I don't have a Wii U so I'll just avoid it

Are you getting a Wii U anytime soon?

Just wondering... because of Smash and stuff. It's fun.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 5:29 am

Mario Kart 8 DLC pack one has been released. Go play with the internet, and find out everyone is Link!

It's really fun though, really enjoying the new DLC. A lot more work was put into it than I expected. Good work Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 am

The little details in the LoZ stage is sweet, for example the sound effects for the item box changes to LoZ sounds.

There's one weird thing though, I was on the Excite Bike stage as Cat Peach and in one of the jump trick animations she just straight up presents herself to you.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Playing the DLC with a friend, if anyone wants to join us! I'll be in the chatbox... probably alone, but hey, it's worth a shot!

Come play with me c:
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:14 pm

StayPuft wrote:

dont need to break this rule anymore for I have a Wii U and MK8 huzzah
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:03 am

StayPuft wrote:
StayPuft wrote:

dont need to break this rule anymore for I have a Wii U and MK8 huzzah

Do you have the DLC though?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:00 am

I did download the Mercedes Benz DLC

I do not have the paid DLC yet but when I do get it I'll be purchasing both at the same time to save a bit of money

Though May 2015 seems like such a long time away for my animal crossing pack
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:34 am

Finally got all the car parts save for the gold glider, that's just gonna come with time (also doesn't include paid dlc parts since I still dont have that yet)

have roughly 6,500 points online, aiming to get 10,000 down the road
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:10 pm

Acquired DLC, Link is probably my new go-to guy besides my fatass mii in a kirby outfit
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:38 pm

We should all get together and race sometime
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 4:36 pm

I'm hyped as hell for the new DLC pack coming in a few weeks

AC is one of my favorite nintendo franchises and having it paired up with one of my other favorite nintendo franchises is amazing

The Animal Crossing track itself is a simple figure-8 track, but its packed full of references that I couldn't even tell on my first trailer view

Assuming that the guys over at Mario Kart continue the cycle, we'll most likely be seeing retro tracks within the DLC

I've heard guesses that the retro tracks will come from the handheld mario karts, since 1. every retro from pack 1 is from a console, and 2. animal crossing new leaf is on a handheld

meaning that we'd be getting a GBA, DS, and 3DS retro track

Honestly the only retro track I absolutely want is something from Mario Kart super circuit, specifically

Cheese Land

it's not the most interesting track but I want to hear that amazing as fuck soundtrack remixed for the wii u

what retros are you guys hoping for
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:24 am

Kinda hoping that the Double Dash Rainbow Road returns, since in my opinion, it was the most difficult & enjoyable Rainbow Road... I think it'd be interesting if they changed the cannon part of it, when you go up, to actually be a anti-grav section that you drive straight up with a bunch of boost panels or something then get launched out with a flying section. Idk, while there isn't much you can do to that stage, I think it'd work well.

I'd also love to see Waluigi Pinball again, but that's a bit too hopeful.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:08 am

I also hope to see Waluigi Pinball
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 am

Waluigi Pinball should just be brought back in every Mario Kart game from now on
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:01 pm

MMMMM HEY ALL 8 TRACKS WERE REVEALED N SHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdQ7YqUXU8U

HERES A SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANNA KNOW
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Anyways, I'm trying to set up a Mario Kart tournament thing where all us cool dudes get together and play some Mario Kart when the 2nd pack of DLC hits us on April 23rd. I've already got our amazing admin Dustination on board, and as a special guest we'll have none other than MUAH joining us. I'll also be there.

I just need to know...

...who's comin' with me.

Because if we don't get enough people I'm not gonna bother.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Be there or be square nerds
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Can't stand being left out. So.. I'm in!
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 am

thanks nintendo
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:17 am

That online group looks a lot more varied than the ones I was in

everyone was either dry bowser or morton

all in streetles
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am

i was with a lot of isabelle

i think she dominates the userbase out of the four of them
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:00 am

Your group was 2000-ish points wise so that is where most people just play with the characters they like

Im close to 11000 so everyone is super hardcore gotta win all the time Heavy Blue Falcon

Though since Boy Villager is a clone of Tanooki Mario stat-wise he might see more usage later on once DLC hype has passed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread   Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 8 Discussion/Rankings Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next