Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) Empty
PostSubject: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Let's get sort of a summary/shoutouts general kind of thread going here.

The game and stream all ran from my computer; my bad that it was streamed on my personal channel instead of the Project Crusade channel, I was pretty tired going into it (stayed up until 2:30 and woke up at 7 for coding), I figured it would be better to have all of it on one channel rather than multiple for easier archiving so I didn't fix it for Saturday and Sunday. Gotta apologize for being gone most of Friday and kind of ignoring the messages, I ended up volunteering to help Keitaro and ran the entire 350-ish person Brawl tournament for like 5 hours.

Big shoutouts to Perfect and Merc for getting it all organized, it ran really well as far as I could tell and it was super nice finally meeting you guys. GGs in PM and SSF2 too, gotta play you guys in Melee next time.
Also shoutouts to Gigs for being an awesome dude!!! Love the shirt and I hope you like the Rotom stuff I got you, also stop playing Tails in SSF2 i can't handle the sideb ; -;
Dunno why everyone thought I was gonna be taller, I think I was the shortest dev in the whole indie room haha. 5'4" and like 105 pounds.
GGs to Perfect and Merc in PM too, gotta play you guys in Melee next time too.

As far as my own experience goes, I did better than like 200 people in each of Brawl and PM (fourth seed in both my pools iirc), got to disqualify Keitaro from his own tournament while running the Brawl brackets, played Melee for an amount of time I'm not sure I should even describe because someone from my room deadbolted the door shut one night, wrecked people on the Smash Flash 2 stream, lost my voice during Mango vs Leffen, and got to shake hands with Alex Strife. I plan to go again next year if I have the money and will room with you Crusade guys if you can get like one or two more people to help split the cost further.

Last and biggest shoutouts go to Jak for making this possible in the first place, I don't think we'd even have gotten past v0.8 without you. You're the real reason we even have a game to take to Apex, and we all really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Shoutout to det who brought his computer, with which we were able to stream.
(PH's comp wasn't good enough to stream, too much lag)
Another shoutout to det for wanting to leave us for SSF2 so he could work on Chibi Robo
Another shoutout to me for wanting to do the same *shot*

I have Fridge Rotom here on my bed ;v;
I'm glad I was a cool dude.

We gotta get jak to come

Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 pm

APEX BOOTH PLAYER FEEDBACK TIME;
(unfiltered, unedited, word for word, no comment left behind)

- A little laggy, but stupidly fun
- Really fun, Pokemon odds could be a little more even (Referring to a fixed issue from day 1)
- Nerf projectiles for all characters across the board, & more maps that are simple with platforms.  Crash's spin move seems to always have priority
- I think the character select is great but needs more characters from the actual games.  I personally love being Duck Hunt Dog or Weegee.  R.I.P. Gooey (Referring to a fixed bug making Gooey unplayable)
- The game was sweet.  There's a huge variety of characters all with unique moves.  The only thing that was tricky was using the C-stick to smash.  I'm used to using A and a direction (Must not have followed the player tag controls directions, rest assured you can still smash with the A button if you want to)
- FALCO IS STUPID
- Make Waluigi's up special have a time limit
- TAKE OUT TINGLE AND MAKE HIM BURN
- Tingle needs a buff =D
- Ice Climbers, grey and white sprite makes it very hard to see popo (main character).  Making Nana more visible would solve the issue.
- Lucas's up B comes out to slow
- Can't change custom settings for names
- Falcon Punch isn't mobile (can't jump far while using it)
- Player 1 spawn point on Hyrule temple needs fixing
- Gengar projectile gets stuck on slopes
- Ashley's neutral B needs some tuning.  The cooldown is an inconvenience for how difficult it is to put off & how easy it is to accidentally use (being a neutral B).  (Switch with Side B???)
Ashley in genera just needs some fine tuning.  She's pretty rough to handle.  Side B and Neutral B too similar.  
- Nerf Weegee
- More sleep for Mercury
- Whatever happened in the third match of grand finals.
- Looking forward to 1.0 - Curlz from L.A. - Huh
- Bowser NEEDS a pink costume
- Great game.  Needs more stages - Huh
- Pretty cool, needs sprite consistency.  Yes, I'm THAT guy.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
- Pretty cool, needs sprite consistency.  Yes, I'm THAT guy.

Blue???!???!?!?1/1/!?
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:15 am

We probably think you're tall because you're quite skinny?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:58 am

I may have not went to APEX, but thanks for streaming what I wanted to see there! I'd love to come sometime, and good work on everything guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:35 am

What does he mean white and grey for Popo? Popo is a dark purple.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:36 am

so where could I get a fancy shirt
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:15 am

Guest wrote:

It could be the grayscale palette, which is one of the two filter palettes given to every character (the other being darkened colors).
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 8:19 am

Lol, i had been wondering why that was ganon's current username. Now i know. Well played.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 8:22 am

Dettadeus wrote:
Guest wrote:

It could be the grayscale palette, which is one of the two filter palettes given to every character (the other being darkened colors).
Ah, okay that makes sense.

Perfect Hell wrote:
Lol, i had been wondering why that was ganon's current username.  Now i know.  Well played.
Wink

Best thing about it is that it more or less makes me immune to it too Razz
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Stream was wonderful, thank you guys for doing that.
Glad you all had fun.
merc best commentator
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Stream was fun to watch, but I would've liked to see a tad bit more "casual"-ness if you catch my drift.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Quote :
- More sleep for Mercury

I'm trying, guys.

I know some of these people won't see these but they deserve recognition anyway.

Shoutout to Det for ridiculously fun PM matches and overall being an awesome dude, and for those 9 reads. Also for close SSF2 games until Ichigo stopped working.

Shoutout to Giga for helping the booth more than Det on day one, and for giving me breaks on the commentary mic. Also for providing the tourney prizes once again, and being awesome as well.

Shoutout to Dust for showing me love on the stream, love you too man!

Shoutout to Rundas for supplying the mic.

Shoutout to commentating for causing my voice to wither away and render me streamless on the last day.

Shoutout to Damon for proving once again that Weegee will always be broken, and for being the only Porkey main besides Giga.

Shoutout to More Rocks for throwing more rocks than we ever though possible, and for a bunch of hype tourney sets.

Shoutout to the SSF2 Devs for spotting us when 10 of the ppl who were supposed to share a room with us ditched and caused us to pay over $70 each for each night.

Shoutout to FabulousAsian for finally bringing bozor onto the stream for a series of big wins. I hope his game succeeds; in fact, it must.

Shoutout to SP for acknowledging my beard for its awesome glory.

Shoutout to Nakis for making us all hate Tingle more than we did at SKTAR.

Shoutout to Afillion for the awesome soundtrack on several stages and the menus, keep up the good work.

Shoutout to Jak for being with us in spirit (Snivy doll ftw), and for the relentless hours he pours into this game we all love. Thanks for everything you've done.

Finally, shoutout to PH4 for being an awesome friend and the reason I still play smash at all. If not for you I wouldn't have gone on such an awesome trip two straight years and I wouldn't be part of this family called Project Crusade.

If I missed anyone I apologize, do something noteworthy next time. just kidding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Merc, you forgot SK and Mp3 for their extensive work on missing animations. We owe A S**T TON of respect to them.
You have neglected everything that the king and the tyrant have done, and now you must pay with your life
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Mr. Terrible wrote:
you have neglected everything that the king and the tyrant have done, and now you must pay with your life

Before that, I'd also like to give a shoutout to SK and MP3 for help with missing animations, the game would have looked like crap without them!

... yeah, I guess i'm off the hook...
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:13 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Quote :
- More sleep for Mercury
Shoutout to Giga for helping the booth more than Det on day one

we wouldn't have even had a booth without me day 1 and the apex brawl pools would've ran well into the AMs if i hadn't helped them

get@me

also it's cool how so many smash game devs i know have that cool beard mustache facial hair thing, you look like a miniature jcaesar
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 7:25 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:
Quote :
- More sleep for Mercury
Shoutout to Giga for helping the booth more than Det on day one

we wouldn't have even had a booth without me day 1 and the apex brawl pools would've ran well into the AMs if i hadn't helped them
I'm just messin', you were still a huge help all weekend.

get@me
1v1 me right now, SSF2 Ichigo vs ZSS/Sheik

also it's cool how so many smash game devs i know have that cool beard mustache facial hair thing, you look like a miniature jcaesar
I actually met him both times, I can kinda see the similarity. I think mine's cooler though.
Back to top Go down
DangerMD (Senor)
Level 4 CPU
DangerMD (Senor)

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:18 am

Stream was fun :3
Back to top Go down
http://dangermd.deviantart.com
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 am

Makes me wonder how disorganized the brawl things were if Det had to help them
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:24 am

Not so disorganized as much as "this is brawl so let's spend 8 min per game seeing who can poke the best with MK" and so brawl events last forever. More TO's means it get's over with faster.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:43 am

No, it was completely disorganized.

Alex Strife bought a ton of wiis, blank discs and SD cards so he would have enough setups. This was... the night before the tournament actually started. A few people involved told me they were up all night burning discs and hacking wiis so everything would be ready in the morning.

By the time the tournament was supposed to start there were maybe 20 brawl setups ready, and another 10 or more which didn't have any characters unlocked. Many of the TVs also didn't have power due to a lack of power strips, and one row actually burned out twice because there was too much power being used.

It was basically a complete and utter wreck from an organizational standpoint; ProjectM was in a much better position and ran smooth as butter in comparison.

Don't give me any of that "brawl is slower haha that's why you took so long" crap.

Also not to mention that for several hours there was only one person running all the brackets and Keitaro barely did anything; in the 5 hours I was at the TO desk I only saw him for about 5 minutes.

Last edited by Dettadeus on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:46 am

Eh, either way they were lucky to have you there and the booth never really needed more than 2 ppl at a time running it so it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)   Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff) Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusade at Apex overview (and a bit of not-crusade stuff)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1