HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film Empty
PostSubject: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Watch the first preview video!

Like our Facebook page!

Download the first one-sheet poster!

DISCLAIMER: The Legend of Zelda and everything relevant to the series belongs to Nintendo. This project is not licensed or endorsed by Nintendo.This production was not created for the intention of profit.

Oh yeah. I'm actually doing it this time. Razz

I've been making videos for a long time, and I've always wanted to make Zelda in some fashion. Two years ago, I tried to do a fan-film of A Link to the Past, but the whole project fell through, so I spent some times bringing up my production value and finding the most efficient way to produce a film based off the classic series. Of course, the biggest production save would be to use a modern environment, which means I can practically do this as a low-to-no-budget film (to coin a phrase).

Using a modern Hyrule also allowed for a huge creative opportunity that sets this apart from other Zelda fan-films. Rather than having a plot with made-up villains and repeating the Legend of the Goddesses and the Triforce at the beginning, I took the most common elements from the series and put them in a modern world. For example, if you can see in the preview video posted at the top, Lon Lon Ranch is now a car dealership, still run by Talon with help from his daughter, Malon. I wrote the script with reality and fantasy in mind. Don't worry. Link does get the Master Sword and the sword has not changed at all.

In the great city of Hyrule, one of the prominent leaders of the town, Deku, senses that the legend of the Triforce is returning and evil is upon the city. Link, a boy from the forest, is summoned to fulfill his destiny as the soon-to-be Hero of Fate.

Principal Photography started mid-December 2013 and it should end around mid-January 2014. I have no idea how long editing will take. Hopefully, three to four months. Maybe more. I came up with the idea of a modern Zelda short film in April and I started writing in September. So most of the year, I've had Zelda 2014 in mind. When I was writing, I didn't know when I would be doing this. Once I released my last short film, Canterbury Without, I felt comfortable taking on such a tremendous task.

I hope you enjoyed the preview so far! If you want to see updates as soon as they arrive, Like our page on Facebook or Subscribe to my YouTube channel! Thanks again!

-Connor Rentz, writer and director of ZELDA 2014
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Looks promising, reminds me of There Will Be Brawl in terms of the cinematography. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 8:10 pm

So it is Zelda in modern day setting?
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 6:13 am

Yupp. The plot is based mostly off the original Legend of Zelda, but it takes some elements from Ocarina of Time.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 6:33 am

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film Switchblade
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:

Hehe. Almost. Razz Link will get the Master Sword. I thought that was too important to not have.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:01 am

This looks promising! i´ll look foward to this Very Happy

Also, if tingle appears, he´ll have to use one of these:
omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film Globo10

Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 4:49 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:

Master Switchblade FTW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film   omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film Empty

Back to top Go down

omg I'm actually doing a legitimate Zelda short film
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1