HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ness/Lucas PK Thunder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stuart98
Level 1 CPU

Ness/Lucas PK Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Is it just me, or does it not respond to a combination of arrow keys pressed and only uses one? This makes it significantly harder to recover using teh move, and should be fixed ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 pm

It's the responsiveness of GM only allowing one direction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Stuart98
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

So in other words, the game would need to be ported in order to make it work properly and for ness and lucas to be viable characters... which isn't going to happen. So, in other words, those two need new up specials. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm

No they don't need new up specials. You just have to get used to dealing with GM's limitation.
Back to top Go down
Stuart98
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Might be somewhat difficult seeing as how I also play SSF2, which has a normal PK Thunder. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:36 am

Well suck it up buttercup, I think the team has much higher priorities on their list, and I doubt they would have a little pit stop to fix Lucas and Ness. I know it sucks and all but ask they said, it's GM's restrictions, and if you think they'll waste even more time porting (right now at least)... Well then my friend, you are full of magical meatloaf.
Back to top Go down
Stuart98
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh, that much was obvious. Didn't I clearly say that I didn't expect them to port it in the post before my last?
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Despite what users above have told you, this issue can be resolved. However, it is somewhat low priority right now. You can expect fixed Thunder controls in future.

Last edited by Jaklub on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stuart98
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Oh, sweet. I wouldn't expect an issue that only affects two characters to be high priority, I was just making sure that you knew.
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah the PK thunder is very hard to control for I think Lucas but not for Ness. I don't know maybe that is just me.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Who cares. A good Ness or Lucas player shouldn't need to recover. Just saying.

Suck it up and die like a man, dude.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Axel meets Vanellope wrote:

You first.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:46 pm

i only have trouble with ness's pk thunder in like half a second of lag

ness can do it infinitely so if you can hit yourself you shouldn't even be allowed to complain about his recovery right now
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Dettadeus wrote:

ness can do it infinitely so if you can hit yourself you shouldn't even be allowed to complain about his recovery right now
Speaking of infinite recoveries, is Bomberman supposed to have an infinite recovery?
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:

Speaking of infinite recoveries, is Bomberman supposed to have an infinite recovery?

nobody is supposed to have an infinite recovery
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:

Apparently in my demo, Bomberman is able to infinitely use his up special.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:28 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Dettadeus wrote:

Apparently in my demo, Bomberman is able to infinitely use his up special.
again
Back to top Go down
UltraMikeManTheBo$$
Level 4 CPU
UltraMikeManTheBo$$

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Are you serious. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:26 pm

One of many reasons why you'll never be a Crusade dev.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:
Amen.

But yeah, there are a few infinite recoveries on there. Try taking advantage of that. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Actually ness Pk thunder isn't all that bad. It take a bit of time to get used to it imo. I'm surprised people don't know about some infinite recoveries lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:

Excuse me? Any good Ness or Lucas plaster won't need to recover. They'll be onstage the whole damn time. I'm a great player of both, but I don't main them because I prefer newcomers.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Every character needs to recover, it's one of the most important components of smash, if not THE most important
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm a great player of both

Tbh All the times I've played you.. you kinda sucked with them. Well Ness at least. I won't talk about your skill level in crusade but imo it's not great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:

Excuse me? Any good Ness or Lucas plaster won't need to recover. They'll be onstage the whole damn time. I'm a great player of both, but I don't main them because I prefer newcomers.

So regardless of how well they do onstage; a person is automatically bad at Ness/Lucas if they need to recover once they're knocked off stage?

Do you not realize how stupid that sounds?
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:

I was tired yesterday and I couldn't make a proper response. So I suppose I will do it the right way now.

Any character could still be used greatly enough to not need to recover at all. (Even then it's highly unlikely that even the best players could pull that off.) But is that still a valid excuse to give the characters broken recoveries in result? No! Note the keyword "broken". There is a difference in giving characters a "bad" recovery or a "broken" recovery. Giving characters bad recoveries are done for a reason yes. But at least they can still be used as recoveries. But broken recoveries however are just taunting because you are giving a character a recovery that could be potentially reliable to use, but they really aren't because of limitations or bugs. Even more so when it's the only option of recovery.

Plus, this is a valid complaint. Telling someone to "deal with it" about a actual broken recovery is not the way to go. Right now I guess you made these posts in a attempt to claim superiority. Obviously it didn't work.

Last edited by Mp3 Toaster on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:45 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 pm

the best players of the best characters of every smash game get knocked offstage at some point in every high-level match

a character who is neither the best in the game nor particularly heavy will end up offstage particularly often
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:33 am

Mr. Mistress wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:

So regardless of how well they do onstage; a person is automatically bad at Ness/Lucas if they need to recover once they're knocked off stage?

No, but a decent player should be smart enough to keep their distance so as to avoid being knocked off, then come inward for a kill later on.

Traweezie wrote:
I'm a great player of both

Tbh All the times I've played you.. you kinda sucked with them. Well Ness at least. I won't talk about your skill level in crusade but imo it's not great

I've played with you once, and it was quite a while ago. And I didn't play as Ness or Lucas. I played as mains Porky, DHD, and Saki, and Chun-Li and Waluigi. Thus this "argument" is invalid.

@PH, didn't have time to quote you, but yours was the only thing that makes any sense in this entire topic.

However, I don't see it as a valid complaint, if you don't like the way they handle, then don't play them.

I suggest you practice a lot with them though, and study how the computer opponents recover as ness/Lucas.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:30 am

Mr. Mistress wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:

No, but a decent player should be smart enough to keep their distance so as to avoid being knocked off, then come inward for a kill later on.
Goodness. Your logic is extremely flawed. Do you ever see a Ness or Lucas main camp or stall? Especially with the kind of moveset both of these characters have? I have seen professional Ness players fight. They don't stall or keep their distance. Ness' moveset is not even designed like that. They go in and rack yp damage and then finish them off as quickly as possible. And yes, they do recover. Just give up on the argument. You'll never win it with your flawed form of logic on characters. I'm seriously surprised you are a backroom crusader. You hardly know squat about characters.
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 pm

I've played with you once, and it was quite a while ago. And I didn't play as Ness or Lucas. I played as mains Porky, DHD, and Saki, and Chun-Li and Waluigi. Thus this "argument" is invalid.

No we've played 3 times and it wasn't that long ago. It was after I got brawl so sometime in april or may. My point is your not as great as you think. Personally I don't even know why your in the Br right now

For a Ness and Lucas main, you sure don't know your stuff... Do you even know what you just described?
As Millz said ness and lucas are NOT campers. Ness' projectile has low priority and a long start up so it's practically unsafe unless you edgeguard with it. But even then more that half of the cast has way to avoid it.

study how the computer opponents recover as ness/Lucas.

How is that going to help anyone? he just needs to practice it. That's all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ness/Lucas PK Thunder   Ness/Lucas PK Thunder Empty

Back to top Go down

Ness/Lucas PK Thunder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next