View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Alright I updated the Fire Emblem Candidate Cut Poll. I apologize for the delay, been multi-tasking between the forum & spriting.

Since I failed to confirm it earlier, your open to suggest other candidates besides Crom or whoever isn't currently listed.

Also, I added my vote to Anna.
Reason I vote for Anna is for a number of reasons:

First and foremost, she is the most recurring character in the series, even more than Marth surprisingly.

She has a wise-guy, humor personality that would really stand out from not just the FE reps, but perhaps the roster. So it would be a benefit to have a character that expresses more personality.

She normally specializes in Trickster, deceptive combat, sword, & staff (all which really add variety to the FE reps alone when merged together.), but as a Shop Owner/Seller, she has access to more skills, weapons, items, & power ups we can add to her playstyle. She has far more options to be utilized more than any Fire Emblem character.

Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Voting for Anna.

Also voting for Fawful over Daisy.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Hmm, shame that Chrom is losing.

But hey, Anna's not that bad, either. Her inclusion WOULD make sense, given how long the "Anna" family line has been in Fire Emblem.

That being said, I'm sticking with my vote for Chrom. If I explained why again, I'd come off as more of an "Owain" or "Virion" type of guy, so I think you can just read his CrusaDLC page instead.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:50 pm

By the way, for those of you that voted for Anna I forgot to mention that because she actually has a pretty high magic stat for a melee unit she is a popular wielder of the Levin Sword. It's basically a badass sword that can shoot and summon lightning. So she actually can fill the role of a magic-using character for a FE rep in smash.

You're welcome everyone.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Well,

Fawful>Daisy.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:16 pm

We're still on the Fire Emblem topic. lol
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Well,

Fawful>Daisy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Agree with Fawful>Daisy

*insert modifed Anna quote here*

Changing vote to Anna

Anna can also wield staffs, although I don't see how that could be worked into her moveset.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Fawful>Daisy
Also Anna
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:57 pm

I thought of a cool Uspecial: Rescue. She tosses her staff and teleports to it using the Rescue spell. There are other possibilities, like Ward (which could increase her resistance to energy-based attacks) or Heal. If we want to make references to the staves from other games we could add sleep, berserk, silence and warp to that list as well.

EDIT: Sleep would inflict dizzy status like Porky's gas, Silence disables energy-based attacks temporarily, berserk could make the foe's left and right get mixed up for a short period of time, and Warp is the reverse of Rescue where she brings the foe to her instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:40 pm

By reclassing into different classes and reclassing back into her Trickster class, she can keep the Lifetaker and Slow Burn skills as a Trickster.

Also, the most notable weapon for her to use is the Levin Sword, so lightning strikes would be easily seen as an option.

Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 Epilog
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:03 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Warp is the reverse of Rescue where she brings the foe to her instead.

Isn't Warp for warping your own allies elsewhere? Or does it work differently in Awakening?

Also, looks like Anna's steamrolling now, so sure I vote Anna.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:26 am

Warp doesn't exist in Awakening. Using it would be a reference to its existence in past FE games. I brought up past staves because in Awakening the only types of staves are healing staves (local or long distance, and a few that are AoE), Ward, and Rescue.

I would love to draft up a full moveset for her, and as an idea for all DLC candidates a link to a created moveset for them should be included in their info in the OP. Sometimes seeing a moveset can get votes for a character as well.

As far as Anna's moveset, I definitely plan to try using the following:
-Levin Sword
-Ward/Rescue
-Healing (I know Det is not too fond of healing in smash, but I may be able to balance it out)
-Lucky Seven skill
-References to special items from shops somehow
-Possible reference to money

Anything else I missed?
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:53 am

Love Hector... but everything being said for Anna is too appealing, so changing to Anna.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:14 am

Rescue warps a target to the staff, so the up special can be that instead of Warp.

Also voting for Anna.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:18 am

That's what I said, Roy. I meant that Rescue would be up special and Warp can go on a different special.

EDIT: Oh, I see what I did. Here's the difference between Rescue and Warp:

Rescue brings a distant ally to the caster. In this case she would throw the staff and then use Rescue to teleport to it.

Warp sends an adjacent target far away. As a special it could be her Dspecial counter, where she holds her staff up in protection and if she's "hit" she instead dodges the foe and uses warp to send them a set distance away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:36 am

Possible Final Smash: Army of "Sisters". Troll

Or summoning the almighty Merchant Anna from that one DLC chapter....
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:27 am

Or the Summer of Bonds DLC: she slips a bikini on and forces the foe to wear revealing swimwear, causing them to die from embarrassment.

I'm really going to have fun making this moveset.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:02 pm

I just came up with a final smash idea courtesy of AzureLight12: Suspend Game.

Anna strikes her signature pose (with her finger pointing up) and asks the player if they want to suspend their game (like in the GBA FE games) in a word bubble along the bottom of the screen. The yes option gets picked and then she "suspends" the game by effectively pausing the game for all other players. She can do whatever she wants while the game is paused, but the foe won't move at all, only take damage. After maybe 10 seconds the dialogue bubble appears again and she says something like "Resuming the chapter will overwrite suspend data. Continue?" (or whatever it says when that prompt comes up in the FE games). The yes option gets picked automatically again, and the game resumes for all other players. When the game resumes, however, they incur all of the combined knockback values of all attacks they were hurt by when the game was paused, and go flying off screen.

Thoughts?

Last edited by MercuryHg34 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:03 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
I just came up with a final smash idea courtesy of AzureLight12: Suspend Game.

Anna strikes her signature pose (with her finger pointing up) and asks the player if they want to suspend their game (like in the GBA FE games) in a word bubble along the bottom of the screen. The yes option gets picked and then she "suspends" the game by effectively pausing the game for all other players. She can do whatever she wants while the game is paused, but the foe won't move at all, only take damage. After maybe 10 seconds the dialogue bubble appears again and she says something like "Resuming the chapter will overwrite suspend data. Continue?" (or whatever it says when that prompt comes up in the FE games). The yes option gets picked automatically again, and the game resumes for all other players. When the game resumes, however, they incur all of the combined knockback values of all attacks they were hurt by when the game was paused, and go flying off screen.

Thoughts?
Fourth wall!

I like it. It seems like a better version of Peach's Final Smash.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:09 pm

BluePsychic wrote:

Anything is better than Peach's Final Smash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Shiruza wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:

Except Rayman, Porky, and DHD's final smashes.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Another option I thought of is the Anna Special Shop. Basically time freezes and Anna's Special shop from Awakening covers the screen. The player can choose smash item (like a capsule, bob-omb, heart container, etc.) and "buy" it from the store. When the cut-scene ends the item selected spawns in front of Anna to use on the foe.

Glad to see the suspend game idea is gaining support though. Later today I will make the full moveset.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:15 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:

No, not even. At least they can kill something.
...Except maybe Rayman's Final Smash.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:16 pm

AEM wrote:
Also voting for Fawful over Daisy.
^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Shiruza wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:
Shiruza wrote:
BluePsychic wrote:

No, not even. At least they can kill something.
...Except maybe Rayman's Final Smash.
Pretty much. Rayman's final smash is useless.
Back to top Go down
CartmanWii
Level 2 CPU
CartmanWii

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:25 pm

I vote to keep Anna
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Voting Fawful not replace Daisy.

Fawful is the shittiest Mario character EVER.
worse than Elder Shroob Princess...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:12 pm

I rather like the Suspend Game idea for her Final Smash.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Axel meets Vanellope wrote:
Voting Fawful not replace Daisy.

Fawful is the shittiest Mario character EVER.
worse than Elder Shroob Princess...

...May I just quickly break my usually pleasant demeanor to say...

I think I want to kill you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Candidate Cut Poll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next