I need help picking an Anime to watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Regardless, it's really harmless to google an anime and watch it on the first site that comes up.

it could actually bring more harm to your computer if you just click on the first site lol

just ask here and i can point to a good subbing group for each anime
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Well that was just an example, I usually use the same handful of sites similarly to ganon. The difference however is that I'm willing to use sites beyond my normal ones if the anime I'm looking for isn't on there already.

Last edited by MercuryHg34 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dreemlan
Level 4 CPU
Dreemlan

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:55 pm

I have been watching anime for around a year now or so.

I started off watching dubs, now I watch just subs.

I recommend Cowboy Bebop, I really liked it and it was my first anime and was a nice entrance into anime as it's very western influenced and you don't feel overwhelmed by the Japanese culture that anime has xD

I really like Mushishi, it is a very relaxing and interesting anime. Not sure if you just want action or what, but I really liked it.

Will add more when I think of more.

Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Just finished watching Angel Beats!, and I have no hesitations in saying that it is hands-down one of the best anime I've ever seen.

Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely watch it.
Back to top Go down
Dreemlan
Level 4 CPU
Dreemlan

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Just finished Natsume Yuujinchou, very good. It's hard to say whether or not it's my favorite as every anime I have watched brings something different and special to the table, but I loved it.

The manga is still in progress, so I started reading it since there hasn't been any anime releases Razz
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:13 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Just finished watching Angel Beats!, and I have no hesitations in saying that it is hands-down one of the best anime I've ever seen.

Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely watch it.

i told you bro

I TOLD YOU BRO
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I kinda knew I was going to love it anyway, I was just too lazy to watch it.

So what should I watch next, I'm leaning toward Cowboy Bebop since it's a classic.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:24 am

Well, after much thought I've decided to go for one of Det's suggestions.

Spoiler:

Jesus, what a show...
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 am

Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
Well, after much thought I've decided to go for one of Det's suggestions.

Spoiler:

Jesus, what a show...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:34 am

I'm only 3 episodes in, so I have a fair way to go then Razz
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:40 am

The second half was good, just significantly more fanservice-ey than the first half.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:23 pm

It's really good so far, but I still doubt that it'll take Hunter X Hunter's place as my personal favorite.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:14 pm

SAO was great, first half was way better though.

Now for my real post, Just wanted to recommend two new anime I've come across.

The first is called "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?", or Mondaiji for short. It's pretty interesting to me because it has plenty of action (without lingering too long on explanations for everything that happened like Naruto does) and the slapstick comedy combined with dry humor is extremely amusing. The show also makes use of scientific and historical trivia, which I find pretty cool. There's only 9 episodes out now, it could take about 3 hours to catch up if you do it all at once.

The second is called "Shinsekai Yori". I have only seen 4 episodes, but I am really enjoying it so far. It's quite dark and deals with psychokinetic powers in a false Utopian society that educates children on how to control their powers, which is right up my alley. There's 23 episodes so far and it's still ongoing.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Shinsekai Yori was pretty good, I stopped watching it for some reason around episode 16.
I tend to just binge it in 5 or 6 episode streaks though to catch up.
Back to top Go down
GuiltyBadguy
Level 2 CPU
GuiltyBadguy

GuiltyBadguy

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Some of my favorites include Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun, and Gurren Lagann. I'm also getting into Soul Eater as well. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/starwindarts

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:01 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
DemonicGamerAzazel
Level 6 CPU
DemonicGamerAzazel

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Watch Attack On Titan. Some critics are calling it the best anime of 2013, and I heard in about 20 episodes it amassed as big of a fan base as One Piece, though I would have to double check that since I simply heard that from a friend.

It's about these titans, which are basically massive naked human-like monsters that eat humans, that wiped out most of humanity. To defend itself and survive, humanity built walls to live inside without the Titans. There, they enjoy a century of piece, until a titan known as the colossal titan knocks down one of the walls.

Really great, and available on Crunchyroll, but only subbed.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:48 pm

This thread is months old MR98, that guy ahead bumped it.

I think we can all agree though that AoT is epic.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMOS
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:19 pm

He says he likes hunter x hunter, just watch hunter x hunter 2011 here http://www.animecenter.tv/watch/hunter-x-hunter-2011
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Furry Heihachi wrote:
This thread is months old MR98, that guy ahead bumped it.

I think we can all agree though that AoT is epic.
I've still have yet to see that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help picking an Anime to watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3