I need help picking an Anime to watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Spike Spiegel (Mistress) wrote:
I prefer dub over sub, even if the show is set in Japan. English just sounds more natural for me.

I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 Tumblr_lqsxsvFED11r2183po1_500
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:41 pm

I just prefer dub overall. Why? Because I'm pathetic and lame.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:42 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:

no, it's obviously because
Firo wrote:
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Firo wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:

no, it's obviously because
Firo wrote:
That's my life for ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:55 pm

I prefer dub over sub, even if the show is set in Japan. English just sounds more natural for me.
so you prefer I WILL DESTROY YOU HRRRRAAAAAGH over legitimately convincing acting???

I don't even watch anime and I can tell you're a pleb
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:04 pm

the only reason I could understand watching a dub over a sub is so that you don't have to be looking at it all the time as you could listen to it and do other things simultaneously

but if you're going to be doing that then you shouldn't be watching it in the first place
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:04 pm

also soul eater's dub wasn't actually bad wait what
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Soul eater is atrocious and you should feel bad for praising any aspect of it
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 pm

a lot of the time nowadays i play white2 while watching anime so i can get multiple things done at once (selecting actions in-battle takes like 3 seconds at most, so i watch while the rest of the turn takes place)

and i have enough general japanese knowledge to understand a sentence if i accidentally miss a sentence's subtitles so it isn't really ever an issue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Firo wrote:
a lot of the time nowadays i play white2 while watching anime so i can get multiple things done at once
why would you want to be a double faggot
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:18 pm

twins obvs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm

sexual priest wrote:
so you prefer I WILL DESTROY YOU HRRRRAAAAAGH over legitimately convincing acting???

Cowboy Bebop, that is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

sexual priest wrote:

cherry picking one of the only remarkable dubs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:31 pm

sexual priest wrote:
sexual priest wrote:

cherry picking one of the only remarkable dubs

It's enough to prove that dubs can have as much legitimately convincing acting as sub.

inb4dubvssubwar
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Bobobo-bo bo-bobo is equally enjoyable sub or dub. Though it is meant for seven-year old's, so you have to have that kind of mindset going into it.

I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 IMG_0009
But that's funny no matter what you're age is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:39 pm

I am seven years old and I do not find that in any way amusing
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 am

ok then

EDIT: Decided to make this post useful, so here's an example of the music from Mirai Nikki. It's the first opening theme (normally fast-paced metal) done as a jazz/classical piano cover.

Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:40 am

Maya wrote:
the only reason I could understand watching a dub over a sub is so that you don't have to be looking at it all the time as you could listen to it and do other things simultaneously

but if you're going to be doing that then you shouldn't be watching it in the first place
I know a guy who can only watch dubbed because of his dyslexia, I guess that's a reason to use it.

Also, I have tried Bobobo, it was decent, but I couldn't get into it (Which is strange, because I have almost complete Bobobo and Don Patch SSF2 expansions)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:14 am

Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
Maya wrote:

I know a guy who can only watch dubbed because of his dyslexia, I guess that's a reason to use it.

Also, I have tried Bobobo, it was decent, but I couldn't get into it (Which is strange, because I have almost complete Bobobo and Don Patch SSF2 expansions)

That's because they had decently sized sheets you could animate everything from, requiring very little effort on your part whatsoever
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:24 am

StayPuft wrote:
Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
Maya wrote:

That's because they had decently sized sheets you could animate everything from, requiring very little effort on your part whatsoever
Ah, yes. That's why.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 am

giga jesus christ

this isn't a bash ganon topic

i already told you to shut up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:32 am

This is now a bash ganon topic

hey ganon you're a big smelly poop head
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 am

I agree yes yes

ganon is the great mighty poo he is gonna throw his shit at youuuu

but anyway I don't watch anime lol
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:58 pm

The only way ganon can redeem himself now is to watch every anime listed in this thread... illegally! Like normal people do.
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:59 pm

is it even illegal when they broadcast it regularly in japan if they do even do that
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Technically, no it's not. Otherwise they would all have been shut down for copyright infringement or something like that. It's exactly like watching an episode of Family Guy on the internet, it airs for free so there's nothing wrong with uploading full episodes of it.

In the event that they are approached by the anime creators or networks that air them, all the websites have to do is claim that their publication is made under the free use act (i think that's what it's called). It means that they are allowed to do so as long as it is not for profit or educational purposes, and that it is solely for the entertainment of others. Actually, educational uses might be ok as well. I used to "abuse" this act in order to allow some of my youtube videos to get published with copyrighted material without any penalty and completely legally, but that was a long time ago.

In short, there's absolutely nothing illegal about watching anime from sources that don't own a licence.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:38 pm

the only "problem" it poses is that there are no advertisements so it takes revenue from ad companies

but come on who actually clicks on those ads
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Oreki Houtarou wrote:
the only "problem" it poses is that there are no advertisements so it takes revenue from ad companies

but come on who actually clicks on those ads

And most anime sites use players that have ads anyway, so that point is moot.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:00 pm

actually streaming sites would be more illegal than torrenting because the subbing groups use all donations for hosting costs (in most cases) and make no profit from it, while streaming sites make a lot of revenue from ads
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Regardless, it's really harmless to google an anime and watch it on the first site that comes up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help picking an Anime to watch   I need help picking an Anime to watch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help picking an Anime to watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next