View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Forum Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 am

I am making this thread here to let the community voice their opinions & suggestions about the forum itself. Anything from organizing, adding, removing, etc.

I will openly take action to make these improvements whenever I have the free time to do so.

For those who don't know, I've been doing a bit of clean-up and organizing around the forum as of late. I plan to continue this routine, along with help from other Admin/Mods when they can.

So far, these are the recent changes I have done.

- Removed "Individual Character Boards" from "Crusade Discussion Boards".

- Removed "Work From Other Devs Board" from "Crusade Discussion Boards".

- Created "Art & Entertainments Boards" as a subboard for "General Discussions/Activity Boards".

- Moved "The Canvas", "The Arcade", "The Theater", "The Concert Hall", & "The Library" under "Arts & Entertainments Board".

- Added "Crusade Livestream" link into "Useful Links section" of "News Feed".

I will take more suggestions and hope to organize this forum to where it appeals to everyone.

Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 am

I don't like the "Arts & Entertainment Board". It was fine as it was, now it takes too long to get to one of those sections each time you want to access it.

SUggestion: Move that board to the front page, and out of General Discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 am

Don't see how it takes too long. All it takes is a few more clicks.

Besides, it makes the General Discussion boards more organized if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 pm

okay this is probably going to be a wreck of a post

I know I keep suggesting this, but:

Condense the "Challenger Approaching" board into two threads: Introductions and "I'm Leaving/I'm Back". Move these threads to the "Tea Room" and remove "Challenger Approaching" altogether. The reason I keep suggesting this is because this board offers virtually nothing apart from post count whoring and attention seeking. By getting rid of it, we aren't losing much aside from a few hundred "welcome to the forum" reposts.

Also, I'm not sure if we have one already, but a game-related FAQ would be nice to have. SSF2 has one, which they seem to make ample usage of whenever a stupid question is brought up. This can easily help avoid the "crosant no work pls help" threads we get on a regular basis.

Agreed with Ganon that the arts and entertainment board is counter-intuitive. My original suggestion was to merge the visual art, literature, film and music boards into one general arts board (no sub-boards), while leaving video games separate due to its heavy traffic.

I'll post more later, as I've got quite a few suggestions in mind.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Bro~ wrote:
okay this is probably going to be a wreck of a post

I know I keep suggesting this, but:

Condense the "Challenger Approaching" board into two threads: Introductions and "I'm Leaving/I'm Back". Move these threads to the "Tea Room" and remove "Challenger Approaching" altogether. The reason I keep suggesting this is because this board offers virtually nothing apart from post count whoring and attention seeking. By getting rid of it, we aren't losing much aside from a few hundred "welcome to the forum" reposts.

Also, I'm not sure if we have one already, but a game-related FAQ would be nice to have. SSF2 has one, which they seem to make ample usage of whenever a stupid question is brought up. This can easily help avoid the "crosant no work pls help" threads we get on a regular basis.

Agreed with Ganon that the arts and entertainment board is counter-intuitive. My original suggestion was to merge the visual art, literature, film and music boards into one general arts board (no sub-boards), while leaving video games separate due to its heavy traffic.

I'll post more later, as I've got quite a few suggestions in mind.
Agreed
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 pm

my only objection to bro's suggestion is that the canvas, library and the concert hall most generally house peoples' personal threads, whereas the film board is just general film discussion

we could have one personal works board and then one conglomerated canvas/library/concert hall/theater sort of board but it would be a bit hectic in that case

iunno
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Dela Mochimazzi wrote:
my only objection to bro's suggestion is that the canvas, library and the concert hall most generally house peoples' personal threads, whereas the film board is just general film discussion

we could have one personal works board and then one conglomerated canvas/library/concert hall/theater sort of board but it would be a bit hectic in that case

iunno
works
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Alright, I made a few arrangements concerning the General Discussion/Activities Board.
Here is what has been taken care of.

- The Arcade has been removed from Arts & Entertainment Boards. It is now a subboard to the General Discussion/Activities Board.

- Challenger Approaching! Board is deleted.

- I'm Back/I'm Leaving Thread has been moved & sticky in the Team Room

- A Challenger Approaching Thread has been created & sticky in the Team Room.

Is every pleased with these recent changes? Also, does anyone disagree with the suggestions prior to this post?

Back to top Go down
Masaomi
Level 6 CPU
Masaomi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 am

could be difficult for the new users to find the introduction thread
''Both I'm Leaving/I'm Back & Challenger Approaching (introduce yourself) threads can be found here as well.'' dont think much people would read this while in the general activities/discussions
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1922-challenger-approaching-thread-introduce-yourself
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm

All bad languages have been uncensored as of today.

But, let it be known that if the cursing gets too obsessive or is directed to insult anyone, you will receive infractions. Too much infractions will lead to getting banned. Each ban being more extended than the last.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:25 pm

FUCK yeah!
(testing)
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:27 am

I think we should consider getting rid of our current image displaying system. I assume the reason pictures take so long to show up is because it's judging if it can be shown at it's current size without shrinking it, but it just takes so damn long. Sometimes no matter how long you wait they just don't show up at all. It's really starting to grind my gears.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:34 am

I have the same problem, and I use google chrome.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
I have the same problem, and I use google chrome.
Internet Explorer here, so I'm guessing it affects all of them.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 am

I use both, I get the same problem on both of them.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I agree with the change.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Didn't plasmis add that feature?
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Yeah, but Plasmis pretty much left.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:14 pm

He added it because people had a habit of posting a lot of stuff that stretched pages without putting them into spoilers.

If people put large images into spoilers then the feature can be removed.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Just make it a global rule or something, treat it like we currently treat excessive cursing now (since the censor was removed).
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Blitz (Alive n' Running) wrote:
Yeah, but Plasmis pretty much left.
nick will never leave our hearts
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Yes to removing image shrinkey crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Due to heavy inactivity and obsolescence of the Graphics Team, it has been removed and its private board moved to the Trash Heap.

Coding Team may or may not inherit the Orange name color.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
Due to heavy inactivity and obsolescence of the Graphics Team, it has been removed and its private board moved to the Trash Heap.

It's about time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Dettadeus wrote:
That's kind of insulting seeing as the orange name color has come to be associated with incompetence
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Until the Coders turn it around, that is...

At least make them a color that's more obviously different than ordinary users.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:00 pm

I have done some changes around the forum. 

I've done the following;

1. I revamped the CrusaDLC Poll Boards into Suggestion Poll Boards after Sunday's major announcement. You can find this revamped board within the the Suggestion Boards after entering Crusade Discussion Boards. You can read more info on the major announcement on News Feed.

2. I've deleted the Announcement Boards. In favor for that, I've made Game Announcement Boards & Forum Announcement Boards into 2 separate Boards on the home page. The Bug Reports Board (minus Forum Maintenance) can now be found as a sub-board within the Crusade Discussion Boards.

3. I added a "Spam" icon on the Spam Boards for a bit of Project Crusade nostalgia and lolz. If you guys don't like it, I can remove it. 

4. I'm redoing the News Feed. Every news you see will now be td'rl for now on.

5. Balancing Boards have been moved into Dev Boards.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:01 pm

1. Inevitable. I seen this coming.

2. Cool cool.

3. HYEZ!!!!!

4. Save dat page load time man!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Random Crusade Guy #366 wrote:
1. Inevitable. I seen this coming.

2. Cool cool.

3. HYEZ!!!!!

4. Save dat page load time man!!!!
what is the point of this post
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:50 pm

I apologize if I haven't added it to the News Feed or anything. This is due to my limited schedule cause of work so I only have the time to announce it here.

Stage Spriter's App is now available.

If you want to be a stage spriter, please sent a private message to either myself or GigaPichu to receive one. Character spriters can apply as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Discussion Thread   Forum Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next