SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSB4 General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage

SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:11 am

SmashKing wrote:

I know I read somewhere that even the director of the Street Fighter series feels that Ryu is not the best choice. Even going as far as preferring M.Bison for Smash over Ryu
And even then, he'd rather see Mega Man.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
SmashKing wrote:

I know I read somewhere that even the director of the Street Fighter series feels that Ryu is not the best choice. Even going as far as preferring M.Bison for Smash over Ryu
And even then, he'd rather see Mega Man.

That's true, he mentioned that Megaman would be the proper choice, iirc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:20 am

So yeah, Street Fighter producer would rather see Mega Man than his own characters, Capcom USA wants Mega Man in Smash, and Capcom Japan has no objections (no pun intended) about Mega Man in Smash, but feels it is up to Sakurai.

So the ball is strictly in Sakurai's court. If Mega Man doesn't get in Smash, it's not because "CRAPCOM HATES MEGA MAN", it's because Sakurai didn't feel the effort to get him in was worth it.

Between this and what Harada said...I'm starting to think Snake and Sonic will remain the only guests, as Sakurai didn't seem willing to contact other companies for their characters, and only did so for Sonic near the last minute due to being the top character worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:48 am

Thats probably my main worry roster-wise for me. Snake & Sonic. We've seen a good number of fighting games bring in guest appearances into one game just to cut them in the sequels that follow.

With Brawl being the 1st in the series to have 3rd parties, its hard to predict if we will see them two return unless the 3rd party director informs the public.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Believe it or not, Yoshimitsu started as a guest in the Soul Calibur series (Tekken came first), and stayed throughout Soul Calibur as a "past Yoshimitus".

Also, most of the time, there are big reasons for why guests don't return, and Snake and Sonic do not have any of those reasons.

(Also, the only fighting series that I know regularly has guests is Soul Calibur. There are others?)
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:32 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Believe it or not, Yoshimitsu started as a guest in the Soul Calibur series (Tekken came first), and stayed throughout Soul Calibur as a "past Yoshimitus".

Also, most of the time, there are big reasons for why guests don't return, and Snake and Sonic do not have any of those reasons.

(Also, the only fighting series that I know regularly has guests is Soul Calibur. There are others?)
Nope, My Favorite was SC3 Link Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:52 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
WWE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:40 am

You're going to need to be more specific.
Which games have guests and who are they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:31 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
You're going to need to be more specific.
Which games have guests and who are they?
A few of them have playable "legends" no longer with the brand
Also, Fred Durst was a guest in an earlier game
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Mike Tyson is going to be a guest character as well in the upcoming game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Then again, that's different, as those are real people and real people have contracts (like how Mike Tyson had to be replaced in re-releases of NES Punch-Out).

With Smash, it's different. It's not like Snake and Sonic are under contract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:38 am

Fred Durst's inclusion was the only way they could use the Limp Bizkit song "Rollin'" in the game.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:52 am

Here is a rumor that is more relevant. Apparently, the theme of SSB4 will be Retro VS Modern. The 3DS will focus on retros named Super Smash Bros Memories while the console version is more modern.

http://gengame.net/2012/07/rumor-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u-based-on-retro-vs-modern-theme/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 am

Saw it.
First shown in Zelda Informer.
Says it was "anonymous tip".

Fake.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 pm

SmashKing wrote:

Here is a rumor that is more relevant. Apparently, the theme of SSB4 will be Retro VS Modern. The 3DS will focus on retros named Super Smash Bros Memories while the console version is more modern.

http://gengame.net/2012/07/rumor-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u-based-on-retro-vs-modern-theme/
I really hope that that story is feces. I want them to be almost the same maybe one Exclusive stage and Character for each but thats it. and It would be cool if The Has Cross Multiplayer, Like People on 3DS could fight people on Wii U
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:12 pm

This poll is in the finals.
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-finals/
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 4:15 am

Mrs. Master wrote:
This poll is in the finals.
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-finals/
Holy Skull Kid.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 4:18 am

I really hope this poll is not used to represent North America
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:27 am

Since Dunsparce was disqualified, this poll lost all credibility.
Don't even bother voting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:39 pm

And the winner is....
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-winner/
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 pm

>reeked havoc

i'm done here
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Skull Kid? I can't take this seriously. Despite the fact that they'll show this result to Sakurai i doubt they'll add him.

Last edited by Kuro Pit on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:32 pm

dunsparce was a legitimate candidate
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 am

http://kotaku.com/5932409/dont-be-surprised-if-tales-characters-appear-in-smash-bros
I'll just leave this here.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 am

Freshman Gaben wrote:
http://kotaku.com/5932409/dont-be-surprised-if-tales-characters-appear-in-smash-bros
I'll just leave this here.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (Yoh will love this)
I want Pac-man
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:45 am

I want Pac-Man too, but realistically Tales characters probably fit better in Smash.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:25 pm

Fellers!! (Butters voice)

http://m.computerandvideogames.com/361950/smash-bros-sakurai-considering-wii-u-gamepad-controls/
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 pm

Surprised no one has posted this, yet.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/super-smash-bros-characters-are-going-have-new-moves

So Sakurai is not only gonna be changing movesets, but he's gonna be adding new characters in SSB4 at the expense of cutting others.

Toon Link. I'll remember all the good times we had, but I guess it's time to bid you adieu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:29 pm

It's a load of horsecrap.
People keep misinterpreting what Sakurai has said.

"It's fun making new moves for new characters."

Nowhere does this imply that the veterans are getting new moves, nor does it imply that characters are being replaced, yet misinterpretations are being tossed all around as fact. -_-
Back to top Go down
xXtyking1224Xx
Level 5 CPU
xXtyking1224Xx

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Octavio wrote:
It's a load of horsecrap.
People keep misinterpreting what Sakurai has said.

"It's fun making new moves for new characters."

Nowhere does this imply that the veterans are getting new moves, nor does it imply that characters are being replaced, yet misinterpretations are being tossed all around as fact. -_-

Yeah, the moveset part turned out to be crap.

The character lineup part, I think, is the only one with some truth.

I can still see the new moves part happening, though, if it is a result of gameplay balancing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 General Discussion   SSB4 General Discussion - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

SSB4 General Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next