Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mr. mistress's stage redesigns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which Vegetable Valley do you prefer?
v1
Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Bar_left26%Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Bar_right
 26% [ 5 ]
v2
Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Bar_left74%Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Bar_right
 74% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage

Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:10 am

I love Ness's design. We should use that.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:50 am

I merged together my layout and Ness_64's so it wouldn't be symmetrical:
Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 5349408ffcae102eb42b86f3b6fe6704
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:55 am

I like it. Only issue is that it's rather spacious, not the stage itself, but the surrounding areas.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 am

I think that would can be fixed by the KO Boundaries.
Either way, I fixed the 3rd Midground and added a third platform.
Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 4ec806ed8bd28b9be024ad4c3f803b65
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 am

I liked it better without the 3rd platform, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 am

Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Abfcc28c69cac482fb136c315df51d78
No third platform with fixed mg3. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 am

Much better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 am

I added a poll on the FB page so we can get ideas of what people want just for kicks.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:22 am

Did no one notice the background doesn't even make sense? I couldn't play on that with that background... it just gives me a headache.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:28 am

Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Fad537929393cc822f7fe6b91efdf311
^Talked with another dev. Added outlines to the main fg.

@Roy: The background has five separate layers: three backgrounds of level parts, scrolling clouds, and a background with a slight blue gradient. It'll look great when it's all nice and in game.
Back to top Go down
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:34 am

Cutman's stage shouldn't be in the background imo. It's blurry and doesn't look very good.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:37 am

I actually like the addition of the original stage as the background. Gives it more appeal in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:38 am

RoyMaster4 wrote:
Did no one notice the background doesn't even make sense? I couldn't play on that with that background... it just gives me a headache.
Well, I just got here... I agree with you on that. I don't hate it, but in this case, I think simpler is better.
The old background is fine, or something to represent the actual place. I read a long time ago about where Cut Man's stage is located, but I forgot for now.
I remember it has something to fit with Cut Man's original purpose (before he was taken by Wily).

About the stage design from DMX:
I'd like to know what's your design that you mentioned earlier here:
Quote :
I merged together my layout and Ness_64's so it wouldn't be symmetrical:
I don't really know it; is it the older Crusade design or something else?
And I made my design symmetrical because I used the current Cutman as a base (it's not hard to tell this), and it's symmetrical IIRC. I didn't see any problems with it, other than the platforms a bit high and the wall with spikes.
If you are doing something that's not symmetrical, make the main platform bigger. Even if the KO Boundaries are in the right place, I think it's a bit small if you consider a 4-player match. Or even 6-player match, I heard Crusade will have this eventually (is it true?).
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:42 am

Yea, we do plan to have 6 players in 0.9 actually. So probably the stage may need to be extended. Same with other stages if needed
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:45 am

The original design was made and shown inside the Dev Group. It wasn't shown elsewhere. I didn't want the stage to be too big, but it should be able to handle that amount of characters (Even the old, old Shadow Moses could handle four characters- we'll be fine).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:28 pm

I can see Cutman handling 6 characters at once. It's the smaller stages like Veggie Valley, Asteroid Field and Shadow Moses that have me worried.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:38 pm

So the new version is done I guess, what's left to do is make it 16-bit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 am

A further scaled down version of Vegetable Valley
Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Vgf5c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Here's my layout for Namek.
Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 BjFvR
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:17 pm

If you'd like I could take your Bramble Blast design and actually make it with the DKC2 sprites.

It might change minds if they see it how it should look.

I personally prefer yours. And that's coming from the person who made the original at 3 AM while half asleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Nights Owl wrote:
If you'd like I could take your Bramble Blast design and actually make it with the DKC2 sprites.

I personally prefer yours. And that's coming from the person who made the original at 3 AM while half asleep.

That was.... 2 years ago iirc

Back when Crusade stages were feces and we had to make mods to make them pleasent to the eyes (As opposed to the Eye-bleeding phantom sprites xDD)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Nights Owl wrote:

I would really like that. Very Happy Which one though?
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Mr. mistress wrote:
Nights Owl wrote:

I would really like that. :D Which one though?

The final version of BB. I'm really bored lately so it's something to do. I'll probably get it done before the week ends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:02 am

Nights Owl wrote:
Mr. mistress wrote:
Nights Owl wrote:

I would really like that. Very Happy Which one though?

The final version of BB. I'm really bored lately so it's something to do. I'll probably get it done before the week ends.

OK. Thanks again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Necro bump. Added Chemical Plant Zone.

Also, what ever happened to Nights Owl? She said that she'd sprite my Bramble, but never returned.
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 am

Big Blue is missing something. If you're looking at Melee, there are platforms in three different sizes including (the ball that flies) and they appear from the sides of the stage. Any thoughts about that?

EDIT: Also, why is there extra small platforms near the bottom of the hole?

EDIT2: Owl might be doing work or something.

EDIT3: I have an idea on Bramble Blast's final version! You know about to two barrels that aim upwards only? Instead of one moving, and another not moving, how about having a moving barrel from the small cornered vine on the left all the way to the bottom right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. mistress's stage redesigns   Mr. mistress's stage redesigns - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr. mistress's stage redesigns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3