Roy's Stage Designs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Roy's Stage Designs Empty
PostSubject: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:06 am

I figure it's better to keep this all in one topic, eh?

Foggy Fumes:
Roy's Stage Designs Ff
Here we see all of the gimmicks of this level at work: A moving piston on the left, a weight-based rotating fan taking center stage, a swinging scaffolding on the right, and an occasional buzzsaw thrown in to keep things interesting.

Sloprano:
Roy's Stage Designs Sloprano_zpsf910710f
This stage has the players fighting on sh** over sh** while sh** in the background throws sh** at you. Quite literally. Taken from Conker's Bad Fur Day, this is where you fight the Great Mighty Poo. Said Poo will sit in the background, singing opera while occasionally throwing poo at the players. Otherwise, we see a generic layout.

Pufftop:
Roy's Stage Designs Pufftop_zps5375cc95
A nice layout above the clouds with the Kingdom of Pufftop seen in the background. Occasionally an alien spaceship will appear, similar to Fourside, but will dissapear soon after. Cameos by Starfy, Starly, Bunston, and Moe as well.
(I also just noticed this is the same layout as the old Namek... not a bad thing, I suppose)

City Escape:
Roy's Stage Designs Cityescape_zpscc02f7ba
Rolling around at the speed of sound...
You see a typical area in the City Escape level - a large slope followed by a flat portion. Some scaffolding on the right side serves as platforms, and there is a respawning red platform near the top that falls when you stand on it. The only real gimmick comes in the truck that occasionally comes by from the left down the slope, driving through the stage, knocking away anyone in the way.

Sigma Palace:
Roy's Stage Designs Sigmapalace_zpse2fa1601
This is the entrance to the palace, taken from Mega Man X1 as viewed from X's eyes, not the player. A basic main platform with a block platform in the middle, and a floating platform on either side that slowly move around. There is a ceiling, so the main way to KO opponents would be to the sides (However, upward KOs are possible once outside). We can have cameos of Sigma, Mavericks, etc if desired.

Dragon's Gate:
Roy's Stage Designs DragonsGate_zps1198b869
The Dragon's Gate from Fire Emblem 7 (1 in the US). A typical layout with a bridge at the center and a pillar on either side (The bridge is drop-through). However, in the background is the Dragon's Gate. After maybe half a minute, a red dragon comes out of the gate and occasionally breathes fire accross the bridge (Making the pillars the only safe place for a short time).

Waluigi Pinball:
Roy's Stage Designs Waluigipinball_zps474559b7
Chaos! Vertical KOs only! This is Waluigi Pinball. Everyone starts at the top, where the platforms are made of a cage material. A pinball rolls through the bottom cage platform back and forth, knocking away anyone in the path. If you fall off, there are bumpers and flippers to help you get back up. We can also add pinballs going through the bumpers and flippers down below if we so desire. If you want to win, you better attempt upward KOs!

Tropical Island:
Roy's Stage Designs Tropicalisland_zps30a01482
The island from Animal Crossing! The only gimmicks to this are the coconuts that sometimes spawn in the tree (They hurt when thrown!), and the boat sometimes goes away and comes back. The house is solid so you'll have to jump over it, but the tree itself is not. The leaves still serve as a platform, however.

You guys also already know about my Warp Room, Grunty's Furnace Fun, and Tal Tal Heights layouts. Will make more later.

Last edited by Lulu on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 am

Mistress and Roy = stage layout designers team.

Good stuff, though I don't really approve of the idea of fighting on feces.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:
Mistress and Roy = stage layout designers team.

Good stuff, though I don't really approve of the idea of fighting on feces.
Well, that's Conker for ya.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Added City Escape and Sigma Palace. There's a chance Sigma Palace could make it into 0.9, too!

Last edited by RoyMaster4 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Well, bumping this up for the several new stage designs since I last posted.
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Sorry, but I didn't like the Waluigi Pinball design at all.

I mean, why we can't have some platforms thrown in around the middle instead of the top? Is that really necessary to begin the fight (and stay most of it) on the very top of the stage? Star KOs are way too easy this way too.
Just look at The Beginning right now, and that's not even as high (though that may be because of a lower top blastline).

If we had platforms in the middle part, the bumpers could work more like actual bumpers, and the balls could have more than one route to travel, depending of the platforms' position (possibly some "diagonal" ones as well). Some platforms around the very middle of the stage could move too, to shake things up a bit.

This would really make things chaotic, but not too chaotic if done right. It all depends on the overall platofrms and bumpers' positions. And according to your design, that's how the stage is supposed to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm

I made my own version of Waluigi Pinball.
Roy's Stage Designs CPRBD
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:32 pm

How exactly is the stage's size and where's the blastlines? I mean, comparing with some characters put on it... I'm a bit confused.
I'll try later if someone answers me that, I guess.

EDIT: I made a design based on my ideas along with Roy's base design. I'm assuming the stage will be somewhat "smaller" than the actual track, since maybe it's too huge.
Stage:
Spoiler:
Explanations:
Spoiler:

I tried...

Last edited by Ness_64 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Ness_64 wrote:
How exactly is the stage's size and where's the blastlines? I mean, comparing with some characters put on it... I'm a bit confused.
I'll try later if someone answers me that, I guess.
Fairly large. The blastlines are vertical only, as there is a wall to the sides. One is just below the flippers, and the other is up high somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm talking about how big the characters will be on it. That's why I'm confused. Sorry for not clarifying earlier, but that helped. Well, I edited my previous post to post the design I tried to make. I hope that can help.
EDIT: I got confused about the bottom platform's position. Please consider it in a vertical position if you want.

Last edited by Ness_64 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:14 pm

The main problem with your layout, Ness, is that the bumpers and the pinball, or pinballs in your design, would make it too difficult to move around the entire stage. That's why I felt it was best to confine where the players fight to the middle.

It it helps, here's the actual track.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100304193612/mario/de/images/4/40/MarioKartDS-NitroGrandPrix-FlowerCup-WaluigiPinball.png
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:18 pm

But if the stage is large, we can't just limit ourselves to the middle. That's somewhat of a waste of space, not unlike the current Chemical Plant. I tried to do a design with this in mind. If you have any other problems to point out, please feel free to tell me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 pm

I feel that the extra space is best left for the pinball to move around.

Updated again. Moved the rotating bumpers further away, and extened the length of the platforms.
Roy's Stage Designs L2SQY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy's Stage Designs   Roy's Stage Designs Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy's Stage Designs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1