Series Icons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
plasmis
Level 5 CPU
plasmis

Series Icons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Well guys, I haven't done image editing for awhile, so this is the result of AA badge series icon:
Series Icons - Page 3 78ff6a8470f6efe5575b0d0ae518193e

Edit:

Series Icons - Page 3 3a3252380a7212627909ff9c170c5728
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:16 pm

The badge icon is too dark compared to the rest of the icons
Back to top Go down
plasmis
Level 5 CPU
plasmis

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Series Icons - Page 3 468f32959bcba48c2cdfc66d4075e660
Better?

Edit:
Series Icons - Page 3 0c926e4ea9417d31e293d33b0b3b6684

Last edited by plasmis on Sun May 06, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Series Icons - Page 3 Iaza18600418062100

Alternative icon to PW if needed. (Might need to edit)

And a Banjo-Kazooie icon: Series Icons - Page 3 Iaza18600495613900

EDIT: Damn, editing them made them look a bit crapish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:34 pm

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img508/8522/smashsymbolsur2.png

Here are some symbols. See if you like any of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:33 pm

I don't know where half of those icons come from. Can you "translate?"
I will do further editing on the Banjo-Kazooie icon to make it look less pixely.

@Plasmis, If you can make the badge all one color, that would be appreciated, because all of the other icons are only one color. At the moment, it doesn't match.

EDIT: Made Golden's two icons less blocky: Series Icons - Page 3 Iaza18600418062100-1 Series Icons - Page 3 Iaza18600495613900-1
Color of Banjo-Kazooie icon is off. Will fix later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Well, the icon came from here, so it might be easier to make it better from the source than my edit. https://2img.net/h/i85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/sirbrownie/BANJO.png

Also for the ones I gave you:

Row 1- Castlevania, Bomberman, Custom Robo, Balloon Fight, Punch-Out
Row 2- Megaman, Pikmin, Golden Sun, Sonic, Pacman
Row 3- Rayman, Stafy, Nazo no Murasamejou, Panel De Pon, Tomato Kingdom
Row 4- Klonoa, Chibi Robo, Advance Wars, Mach Rider, R.O.B
Row 5- Elite Beat Agents, Joy Mech Fight, Chrono Trigger, Clu Clu Land, Viewtiful Joe
Row 6- Final Fantasy, Startropics, Baten Kaitos, Resident Evil, Worms
Row 7- Tales of Symphonia, Harvest Moon, Banjo Kazooie, Earthworm Jim, Xenosaga
Row 8- Breath of Fire, Excitebike, Skies of Arcadia, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter
Row 9- Prince of Persia, NiGHTS, Spyro, Cooking Mama, Mortal Kombat
Row 10- Tetris, Battletoads, 1080, Pilotwings, Izuna
Row 11- Brain Training, Crash Bandicoot, Mischief Makers, Quest, Tales of Phantasia
Row 12- Devil World, Bubble Bobble, Bubsy, Rocket Knight Adventures, Shantae
Row 13- Crystalis, Pitfall, Soul Calibur, Burgertime, Glover
Row 14- Wave Race, Bonk, Cubivore, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi
Row 15- Ghosts and Goblins, Trauma Center, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, Phoenix Wright, Eternal Darkness
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Plasmis's series icon is much better at representing Ace Attorney, but I agree that it should be made one color to match the rest.

Also, to make things easier for everyone, I'll make icons a bit darker and slightly transparentize them.

Here are some examples I just made:
Series Icons - Page 3 Super_smash_bros
Series Icons - Page 3 Subspace_embissary
Series Icons - Page 3 Super_mario_bros
Series Icons - Page 3 Donkey_kong
I made them darker because they looked weird when bright, but if needed I can change the color back to normal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Make the Jiggie (banjo's icon) shaped like this pl0x.
Not necessarily at that angle, it could be facing the screen. But that's the form you find the jiggies in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Rayman Icon Finished! Series Icons - Page 3 Raymanicon

Every icon required for the patch has been completed.
@Felipe, preparing the RAR, and I'll send it to ASAP.

EDIT: Forgot about Weegee. Not sure if this one is COMPLETELY required though, cause as of now, he uses the Mushroom Icon.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I'd have Rayman's icon not have facial features and make it solid, since Sonic's doesn't have features (that I know of).
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Technically Weegee is a meme based on Mario Is Missing! and so his icon would be the same as any other Mario series character
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:33 pm

I would agree with this, except Weegee isn't a Mario character.

@SP, True, will do.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:33 pm

perfecthell4 wrote:
Technically Weegee is a meme based on Mario Is Missing! and so his icon would be the same as any other Mario series character
While that is true, he is still Luigi in that game. I think it's safe to assume that the Luigi in MiM and Weegee are seperate characters. Weegee is therefore a fanmade creation based on an existing character, and deserves his own icon. Maybe a 4chan logo, or possibly just Weegee's face. After all, his face is his greatest power.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:03 pm

I am making his icon the 4chan leaves.

@SP, I made an alternate Rayman icon with no facial features and it came out looking like the Ice Climber Eggplant with no eyes, and larger leaves on the top.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Series Icons - Page 3 4d10d9714c5d7e9df85c118dbc8f2469

This looks fine to me. People can tell the difference between this and the Ice Climber eggplant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Ah. You see, mine came out differently.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Weegee's design is exactly identical to the Luigi from MiM, people just started photobombing with that design and called it Weegee to differentiate from Luigi, but in reality he is just one of Luigi's designs.

Imagine if some SF game had a really hilariously bad Chun-Li design, and it became a meme. Would you say that design is an entirely different series with it's own icon?
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:29 am

perfecthell4 wrote:
Weegee's design is exactly identical to the Luigi from MiM, people just started photobombing with that design and called it Weegee to differentiate from Luigi, but in reality he is just one of Luigi's designs.

Imagine if some SF game had a really hilariously bad Chun-Li design, and it became a meme. Would you say that design is an entirely different series with it's own icon?
Well, yeah.

Weegee has evolved beyond Mario, he's a fan creation now as far as I care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:11 am

GAIZ.
WE SHUD TOTALY ADD SANIC HEGEHOG AS A SONIC ALT AND LABEL HIM HIS OWN CHARACTER.

It'd be fine, Sanic has evolved beyond Sonic the Hedgehog, he's a fan creation as far as I care.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:13 am

Infermon wrote:
GAIZ.
WE SHUD TOTALY ADD SANIC HEGEHOG AS A SONIC ALT AND LABEL HIM HIS OWN CHARACTER.

It'd be fine, Sanic has evolved beyond Sonic the Hedgehog, he's a fan creation as far as I care.
I fail to see the logic.

We have one fan character that was based on a real character, so we must add all other fan suggestions.

Your argument has no point, is completely unrelated and just shows immaturity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:24 am

I fail to see your logic.

I mention one character to be a parallel of Weegee, and all of a sudden, it translates to "all other fan suggestions must be added".

When all in all, making Weegee his own "series" is just as retarded.

Here's a better example; say we had Eggman in, and we had AoStH Robotnik as an alt. Would it make sense to make Robotnik his own series just because he spouts off PINGAS all the time and does random crap that he's never done within the show?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:03 am

^^ exactly. He may be a fan-meme but Weegee is still from the Mario universe and is in fact a Mario character. His first and only appearance was in a Mario game.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:13 am

Well, I'm still not convinced and still think we should use the 4chan logo.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:17 am

4chan did NOT design Weegee. nor is 4chan a "series", nor does it have anything to do with video games
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:39 am

Weegee does not need an individual icon at all and that is a ridiculous idea

perfecthell4 wrote:
4chan did NOT design Weegee. nor is 4chan a "series", nor does it have anything to do with video games
http://boards.4chan.org/v/
http://boards.4chan.org/vg/
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Community has voted NO on Weegee having his own icon.
EDIT: Series Icons - Page 3 Bomberman_icon_new Bomberman revamp. May be made larger in the future.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:43 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
They need to be semi-transparent, and is it fine if I wait for all of the icons to be finished first?

AEM wrote:
Plasmis's series icon is much better at representing Ace Attorney, but I agree that it should be made one color to match the rest.

Also, to make things easier for everyone, I'll make icons a bit darker and slightly transparentize them.

Here are some examples I just made:
Series Icons - Page 3 Super_smash_bros
Series Icons - Page 3 Subspace_embissary
Series Icons - Page 3 Super_mario_bros
Series Icons - Page 3 Donkey_kong
I made them darker because they looked weird when bright, but if needed I can change the color back to normal.

@New Bomberman Icon
Looks great, but it could be rounded out a bit more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:53 pm

@AEM, Felipe is semi-transparenting the icons for me. I just sent him the rar today. I will change the color if everybody agrees I should, but for now, I am keeping them the same color.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:55 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
@AEM, Felipe is semi-transparenting the icons for me. I just sent him the rar today. I will change the color if everybody agrees I should, but for now, I am keeping them the same color.
Ah, okay then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series Icons   Series Icons - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Series Icons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next