HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) Empty
PostSubject: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:56 am

This tournament will be hosted by Perfecthell4 and myself. Once we work out the ruleset and other details, I will post all of the info here. Our goal is to successfully run a tournament online with no delays in an organized and coherent manner, and hopefully make a precedent for how future tournaments will run.

I will tell you right now that you will need Hamachi to enter this tournament, as there will be multiple servers dedicated to this tournament. Rather than having a specific time for the tourney to start you will set up your matches with your assigned opponent. This is to ensure that everyone actually gets to play their match.

Tournament Breakdown:
The tournament will be a Single Elimination Tournament, one vs one, and will most likely take place over several days (Monday 3/12-Friday 3/16) rather than all at once. When you know who your match partner is, it becomes the responsibility of both contestants to find a time for the match over the course of the week, that way neither of us has to babysit you. Once you have established a meeting time for your match, both contestants are expected to show up on one or both of the hamachi servers dedicated to this tourney no more than 30 minutes late. Failure to arrive before the 30 minute mark will result in disqualification. If you desperately need to reschedule, please try not to make it last minute and please tell your opponent directly that you need a new time. When both contestants are online, they should ask another player online to host the match for them. PH and I will make our best efforts to be available as often as possible to host matches we are not in. The match will then take place, following all of the rules mentioned below. When there is a winner, the HOST will report the results to either PH or myself.

Registration is now closed.

Current list of Contestants:
1. MercuryHg34
2. perfecthell4
3. Strider Hiryu
4. Traweezie
5. diego222
6. MitsuriZX
7. WINNER: Det
8. GigaPichu
9. SmashKing201

See the 1st post for the ruleset. Any questions regarding rules, legality, etc. should go to perfecthell4. Questions about signup and times, etc. should go to me. Thank you for your time and I hope we can have some fun with this.

Last edited by MercuryHg34 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 am; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:40 am

I will be handling any questions regarding rules, and posting the rules of the tournament here like a second OP. Mercury will handle sign-up's and organization in the actual OP.

In case you sign up before Mercury can edit the OP, you DO NOT have to state your character at sign-up. You can use any character you want, determine them during the match, switch character's throughout the tournament, etc.

Rules are as follows, read through and understand them:

Spoiler:

Infraction of any of the above rules results in the loss of a stock. If you think something the opponent used was unfair in the way that DHD's pounce chaining is, but there is no rule against it, report it to me after the match. I will decide whether or not it was legal, and if it is determined illegal, you may request a rematch with the opponent.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Perfecthell4 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leo
Level 7 CPU
Leo

Link

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm signing up, but I don't really know my time.

Character: Link
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Awesome. You aren't character locked, there is no need to pick a character before the tournament. You can also change characters from one match to the next, and from one round to the next in a given set (see counterpicking rule)
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Rules post updated. Finals will be Bo5, and stage list updated to match the choices in an online game
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Strider Hiryu wrote:
I'm signing up, but I don't really know my time.

Character: Link

That's ok, you won't need a time until you speak with your opponent. Also perfecthell4 mentioned that you aren't character locked, and you may switch characters between fights (see rules post).
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:51 pm

I'll sign up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
diego222
Level 4 CPU
diego222

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Sign me up please.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:44 am

OP Updated to include several additional contestants, as well as a correction to the duration of the tournament: It will take place over the course of Monday 3/12 to Friday 3/16, and will end preferably before Det's tournament to accomodate those who are entered in both tournaments.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 am

I've already read the rules.
Please,let-me sign up so i can learn a thing or two while fighting everyone else.
May the best fighter win!
EDIT : when you say that Stalling isn't allowed,does this means using attacks like Krystal's Down B?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Quote :
I've already read the rules.
Please,let-me sign up so i can learn a thing or two while fighting everyone else.
May the best fighter win!
EDIT : when you say that Stalling isn't allowed,does this means using attacks like Krystal's Down B?

1. This tourney is open to anyone, so yes you may join

2. Stalling is avoiding the fight or delaying the match so as to make it unplayable. An example might be constantly running away with a fast character such as Sonic (only a problem on bigger stages), or using a characters glide to stay under the stage (not sure if this is possible in Crusade, haven't tested it and I don't main any gliders)
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 pm

I see.Thanks for the information.
I'm absolutely going to join now.
Get ready everyone,i promise not to go without a fight!
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Might as well sign up for this one.

Just as a personal challenge, I'll only use Jigglypuff.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:41 am

Let me join too
unless I already said Id join
in which case I still want to be in. :p
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:59 am

OP updated to include Det and GigaPichu as contestants. Tournament Breakdown section added as well, contains important information regarding the way the tournament will run.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:10 am

Information about the result of breaking a rule added to first post, following the spoiler containing tourney rules
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:39 am

Last day for sign-up, ends tonight at 10:00 PM EST
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:06 pm

In one hour, sign-up period ends. If anyone wants in, now is your last chance to say so. At exactly 10:00 P.M. EST, The bracket will be posted and once it is, the tournament is on.

It is YOUR responsibility to get in touch with your opponent and set up a time that works for you. Send them a PM, chat in hamachi, find them on the forum chat, or even comment in this thread to try and contact them. Somehow you must set up your match with them. Make sure you follow the rules here, and have a third party host watch the match. Give that host the link to this page so they know the rules to be enforcing. Myself and Mercury are willing to host any match we are not in as long as we are free (you will see us online here and hamachi). You can play the match without an extra host so long as both players agree to it, and if someone thinks the match was played unfairly, a rematch WITH a third party host will be REQUIRED.

Once a match is finished, post the winner here and how many rounds each player won, as well as which characters were used.

Finally, there are two tourney hamachi rooms for this.
SSBCTourney(2 hosts)
SSBCToruney(2 hosts)2
Password: SSBC
DO NOT join unless you are in the tourney or you are hosting a match

Again, bracket goes up in one hour, and then the tourney is on
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Im in
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 pm

30 minutes left until fights begin

Important information is in the OP, the next post after that, and 2 posts up form this one. Make sure you have read them
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:07 pm

The tournament has officially begun! Matches are as follows:

Diego222 has a bye, and will fight the winner of the first listed match here

Perfecthell4 vs. GigaPichu
Dettadeus vs. Strider Hiryu
MitsuriZX vs. SmashKing201
MercuryHg34 vs. Traweezie

Join the Hamachi networks as follows, and find a time to fight you opponent, then post the results in this thread. Good luck contestants!

Copy-paste these to hamachi "join server"
SSBCTourney(2 hosts)
SSBCTourney(2 hosts)2

Last edited by perfecthell4 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Match time confirmed: MercuryHg34 v.s. Traweezie starts on Monday at 6:30 PM EST. If someone can be online to host for us at that time please let us know!
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm hosting Mercury's match tomorrow.

First hamachi room is for the contestants. The second room is for two contestants and a third host to go temporarily when they are having their match
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 pm

GP beat me today and is moving on to the next round. Current matches are as follows:

Diego222 vs. GigaPichu
Det vs. Strider
MitsuriZX vs. SK201
MercuryHg34 vs. Traweezie

Make sure to post your match results here, and know the rules of the tourney! They are in the second post of this thread
Back to top Go down
♠ Ace ♠
Level 4 CPU
♠ Ace ♠

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Wait, wait, can I join this? I know I'm late, but there would be an even number of contestants, therefore you would not have to have a person at the top, therefore everyone would have their own match, therefore it would be more fair.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Me and MitzuriZX had our match already. Mitz won the first 2 matches on Good Egg & Battlefield using Krystal. I was using DHD.
Back to top Go down
MitsuriZX
Level 4 CPU
MitsuriZX

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:52 pm

I came here to say i won the match agaisn't SmashKing.
It was a problematic match due to lag,but we both agreed on me hosting the room because i was the one who was experiencing the most lag.
Also,SmashKing is a great opponent.Thanks for the match.
EDIT : It wasn't Good Egg and Battlefield,it was Rice Beach and Battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Waiting for a third party to host my match with Leo since he gets like 3 seconds of lag when he plays online and I'd rather it be somewhat fair.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 pm

TehKrazehOne wrote:
Wait, wait, can I join this? I know I'm late, but there would be an even number of contestants, therefore you would not have to have a person at the top, therefore everyone would have their own match, therefore it would be more fair.
Sorry, sign-up's are over
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Traweezie is advancing to the semi-finals against MitsuriZX

Feel free to go ahead with your match
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)   SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!) Empty

Back to top Go down

SSBC Tournament (With two hosts!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next