HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do I save data?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SplatoonKid20
Level 1 CPU

N/A

How do I save data? Empty
PostSubject: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:51 pm

I'm a very new player to Crusade. I have been enjoying the game a lot so far, but I do have a little issue. I don't know how to save any of the data in the game. When I close the game and open it again, I can't perform any actions. Neither my controller and keyboard work. This makes me have to delete the download from my PC and extract it from 7-zip. I lose all my controller settings and unlockables. Is there a way to save everything in the game? If so, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Don't take the launcher out of the files
If that doesn't work I have no idea
Back to top Go down
kaleru
Level 1 CPU
kaleru

Tails
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 1:41 pm

/controls.ini
/settings.ini
/data/records.bin
/data/stats/general.bin

Making a copy of these files enable someone who reinstall the game to recover their data after replacing it in the folder they each belong ; it's useful too when a minor update like 0.9.1.1 is released after you played the original 0.9.1 (I don't know if it works with an update between 0.9 and 0.9.1 with the addition of the controllers)

But you should do what Braystar told you before anything else, then you won't need to save the files right now
Back to top Go down
SplatoonKid20
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 12:47 pm

I tried both methods and neither worked. I honestly do think the Crusade team should work on creating a "save button" or allow the game to automatically save data.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 12:52 pm

The game does automatically save data
Redownload the game again and see if that works
Back to top Go down
SplatoonKid20
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 1:15 pm

I did that, but it still erases all my data.
Back to top Go down
kaleru
Level 1 CPU
kaleru

Tails
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 1:42 pm

So can you explain what you do after download ? Do you simply extract it in a folder and then play ? Or something else ?
Back to top Go down
SplatoonKid20
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 2:40 pm

I first extract the file from 7.zip and instantly play Crusade on the extracted folder. I always go to "options" to set my controller for the game. Whenever I want to exit out of the window, I either click "Esc+Enter" or exit it like any other window. I then opened the window for the second time. I still have my controller plugged in while doing this. I begin to press any of my buttons on the controller, but the game doesn't register it and the only thing that works is F8 on my keyboard.
Back to top Go down
kaleru
Level 1 CPU
kaleru

Tails
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 2:59 pm

What happens to you is like starting a different copy of the game

Are you sure to have deleted all of SSBC related files, including shortcut(s), before redownload ?

If you did, then I haven't any more idea. The game automatically register the 4 files I listed in my first post in this thread, so if they do exist, the game should automatically read it. The controls.ini file is the one where all controller settings are registered, so you should check it's presence into the folder after the first launch
Back to top Go down
SplatoonKid20
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 3:08 pm

I always do delete all the files that are related to SSBC before redownloading.
Back to top Go down
SplatoonKid20
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Would it help if I was using a USB PC Xbox controller?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I save data?   How do I save data? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I save data?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1