View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lockhead
Level 1 CPU
Lockhead

N/A

Scrapped Characters? Empty
PostSubject: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:44 am

Hi, Sorry for being new here i'll been wondering made be wondering about the development of the game.

Was there any character that was scrapped when the old dev team was replaced by the new team? If so, What were they? Or how many?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 9:22 am

Like, characters that were in the game but then removed by the new dev team? There aren't any. We've only added characters.

However, the old dev team did remove characters throughout a few versions. IIRC some earlier versions included Zant from Twilight Princess. The very first build also had Petey Piranha, who was absent for quite a while before the new dev team brought him back. Mega Man also used to be Mega Man X, but the old dev team replaced him with the classic version. There were also old rosters with characters that would never be allowed on the roster today, such as James Bond and Darth Vader.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 10:44 am

actually you should replace goku with james bond

this isnt even a joke bond would be a way better 4th party character
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:30 am

Yes a real life person would definitely be better than a weeb cartoon character
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:57 am

>leisure suit larry

On a serious note, welcome to the forums, and I'd like to see this topic get some posts even though I can just annoy Dust in SlackChat to tell me who was scrapped
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Zant is the only character who has been playable and then removed completely never to return unless you count Mega Man X who was replaced with regular Mega Man.

Mewtwo was added and then removed for a while before returning due to some conflict of interest issues.

There are characters who have come very close to being added (Some of whom even having their spriting finished/coding started) but I don't think I'm allowed to talk about those.

Leisure Suit Larry was never planned to be in, however a former dev did want him.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Dustination wrote:
Zant is the only character who has been playable and then removed completely never to return unless you count Mega Man X who was replaced with regular Mega Man.

Mewtwo was added and then removed for a while before returning due to some conflict of interest issues.

There are characters who have come very close to being added (Some of whom even having their spriting finished/coding started) but I don't think I'm allowed to talk about those.

Leisure Suit Larry was never planned to be in, however a former dev did want him.
Give us Zant back (he's trash lol)

Is there any chance of those very close to being finished characters returning?
Back to top Go down
Lockhead
Level 1 CPU
Lockhead

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 12:47 pm

I see, thanks i guess i can try to be active around here.

Also, Wasn't Rosalina a planned character but scrapped as well?
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Dustination wrote:
Yes a real life person would definitely be better than a weeb cartoon character

At least Bond was actually planned for a Smash game (also he's not a real person what)

that said i was joking anyway so
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:48 pm

You know what I meant when I said real person
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:53 pm

i actually didn't

i mean he's been portrayed by live-action actors but i'd go so far as to say he's more fantastical than characters that are already in the game

little mac's a damn good lightweight boxer, snake's literally just a special ops soldier in terms of fighting style, and ryu is a martial arts master with a few more fireballs than his real-world equivalents. james bond has access to a level of technology that's outright absurd for his time period (assuming we're talking the goldeneye version) and is capable of performing impossible physical feats for a skinny guy in a suit

i don't know why im writing so much about james bond i wasnt even being serious about him
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
i actually didn't

i mean he's been portrayed by live-action actors but i'd go so far as to say he's more fantastical than characters that are already in the game

little mac's a damn good lightweight boxer, snake's literally just a special ops soldier in terms of fighting style, and ryu is a martial arts master with a few more fireballs than his real-world equivalents. james bond has access to a level of technology that's outright absurd for his time period (assuming we're talking the goldeneye version) and is capable of performing impossible physical feats for a skinny guy in a suit

i don't know why im writing so much about james bond i wasnt even being serious about him
Ryu is basically a superhuman. Come on now.

Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Lockhead wrote:

I started spriting her at one point when the old devs were in charge, but people disliked the idea of her being playable so I stopped

then a few years later rosalina was confirmed for Smash 4, how the times change
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:

My point is, so's James Bond. He's slightly less superhuman in his own abilities, but his gadgets are completely unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Scrapped Characters? James%20Pond%20II%20-%20Codename%20Robocod%20(J)
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

My point is, so's James Bond. He's slightly less superhuman in his own abilities, but his gadgets are completely unrealistic.
His GADGETS are "superhuman", not James Bond
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:25 pm

He's still slightly superhuman, at least for his body type. It's less exaggerated, but he performs some unrealistic feats and survives some crazy stuff he shouldn't be able too.

this is a dumb discussion
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Doesn't Snake fit the bill pretty well with all the James Bond-related talk?
The only difference being is that Snake is actually in the game. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:35 pm

yeah exactly, snake is a far more realistic character than bond
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:49 pm

You can't be serious
This was never about his abilities anyway
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:50 pm

i still dont really think he should be in (though i wouldnt have any issue if he did)
Back to top Go down
Lockhead
Level 1 CPU
Lockhead

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:05 pm

SP wrote:
Lockhead wrote:

I started spriting her at one point when the old devs were in charge, but people disliked the idea of her being playable so I stopped

I see, was there any character was scrapped like that too?

Also from what said earlier, does I mean James Bond and darth Vader was gonna be crusade? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Lockhead wrote:
SP wrote:
Lockhead wrote:

Also from what said earlier, does I mean James Bond and darth Vader was gonna be crusade? Shocked
Yep! James was briefly considered for Smash 64 as well.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:45 pm

There were a lot of characters like that
One we like to joke about is "Rival Trainer" which iirc was something like Gengar, Scizor, and Aggron
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 6:45 am

Lockhead wrote:
SP wrote:
Lockhead wrote:

Aero the Acrobat was almost fully sprited by one of the older main devs, he is known for his work on characters like Mach Rider
Frank West had like 2 animations by the same dude

James Bond and Darth Vader were both once considered for the game, yes
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 6:53 am

Which Jump Ultimate Stars character was Aero edited off of
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:31 pm

If I remember correctly...

A few years back, when the character roster were available to the public, there were a few characters on said roster that were considered to be scrapped, specifically, Chocobo of the Final Fantasy series and Cress Albane of the Tales of series. Both characters were polled by the communnity to determine whether they should stay, and ultimately, Chocobo would be replaced by the Warrior of Light and Cress would be replaced by Heihachi Mishima and Klonoa, the latter being currently in Crusade (Klonoa, I mean). However, since the roster has now been closed to the public, The Warrior of Light and Heihachi may have scrapped by now...
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Scrapped Characters? Joe10 Scrapped Characters? Joe211
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 3:15 pm

SS_Maeweather wrote:
Scrapped Characters? Joe10 Scrapped Characters? Joe211
I pray you noticed what date those were posted on before you posted these.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 2:56 am

I know it was a joke, I just thought it was a little interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrapped Characters?   Scrapped Characters? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrapped Characters?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next