My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 10:12 pm

So a while back (September, I think) I had this dumb idea to make a Smash roster. The goal was to create one of the largest ever created...I think I've passed. This roster is stupidly big, in fact it's so big that I needed more than one image just so saving didn't take too long.

There are 3 different parts. Part 1 is Nintendo. Part 2 is Third Party. Part 3 is Fourth Party. The links to them are below...
They will lead you to a DeviantArt page, so just a heads up.
Part 1 - Nintendo - http://omegasteve777.deviantart.com/art/SSBU-Part-1-Nintendo-599318732
Part 2 - Third Party - http://omegasteve777.deviantart.com/art/SSBU-Part-2-Third-Party-601705484
Part 3 - Fourth Party - Coming Soon!

Here's my problem. It's not big enough. Some would say "What the heck are you talking about?! It's plenty big enough already!" And I somewhat agree, but it'd be no fun to finish this and call it good. So I wanted to start a community project of sorts. So I just want to ask for all of the people of this forum to help out a bit. I have made a few rules to keep things in order...

1. Have your choices make sense, as in, have the main character, then the other important characters, then whoever after that.
2. No real people, unless they are important in a fictional story, but try not to if you don't have to.
3. Removing characters is prohibited. It would be a very rare case if someone was removed. (Out of everyone, there is only one character that has been removed!)
4. Be specific! If you say the series, with no specific character, I will probably just ignore it and move on. I mean, it can't be too hard to name 1-3 characters to rep a game, right?

One last thing. If you ever see me use fan art instead of official art, please tell me. I tried to only have official art after a certain point, but it was hard to find every piece fan art that was left. So that could help.

Last edited by OmegaSteve777 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 10:35 pm

A huge block of Square-Enix characters and not a single SaGa rep?! For shame. The main characters of Live-A-Live also need to be in a project like this.

Good on you for putting Sigurd on, though, I need to make a suggestion thread for him...

Also I'm like 80% the Porky image you used is fanart
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 10:37 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
A huge block of Square-Enix characters and not a single SaGa rep?! For shame. The main characters of Live-A-Live also need to be in a project like this.

Good on you for putting Sigurd on, though, I need to make a suggestion thread for him...

Also I'm like 80% the Porky image you used is fanart

This is exactly why I made this project "public." I'm not perfect, so of course I'll forget something here and there...

Also thank you for telling me about Porky, I'll fix it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Also, Flynn Taggart should just be called Doomguy (another character I need to make a suggestion thread for), Flynn Taggart was used in like one novel and isn't even close to a canon name. He doesn't really have one, but Doomguy is used almost universally in the (still fairly sizable) fandom.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 10:43 pm

I'll fix that too

Also who do you think a good rep for the series you mentioned would be? I could do some research, but sometimes that can take a while...
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:31 pm

The hardest thing about repping SaGa normally is the lack of a main character, but thankfully that doesn't seem to be an issue here! I'll split it by specific game.

Makai Toushi SaGa/The Final Fantasy Legend: The Creator
SaGa 2 Hihou Densetsu/Final Fantasy Legend II: Sensei/Mr. S, Apollon/Apollo
SaGa 3 Jikyuu no Hasha/Final Fantasy Legend III: Zash/Arthur
Romancing SaGa: Albert, Aisha, Jamil, Claudia, Hawke, Barbara, Gray, Sif, The Minstrel
Romancing SaGa 2 (Japanese names for Googling purposes, since this one doesn't have an English version): Gerard (ジェラール), Kzinssie (クジンシー), Bokhohn (ボクオーン), Noel (ノエル), Rocbouquet (ロックブーケ), Subier (スービエ), Dantag (ダンターグ), Wagnas (ワグナス)
Romancing SaGa 3: Julian, Ellen, Thomas, Sara, Harid, Monica, Mikhail, Katarina
SaGa Frontier: T260G, Red, Blue, Emelia, Asellus, Riki, Lute, Fuse
SaGa Frontier 2: Wil, Gustave, Gustaf, Ginny
Unlimited Saga: Laura, Ruby, Mythe, Ventus, Kurt, Judy, Armic

If it's not obvious, I'm... a pretty big fan of the series, lol. Likewise, for Live-A-Live you'd need Masaru, Sundown, Cube, Oboro, Akira, Pogo, and Oersted.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 1:21 pm

woah

that's quite a bit

um

could you pick like 5 or 6?

maybe I should write some rules about suggesting characters...
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 5:04 pm

I'd just go for the characters from SaGa Frontier and Romancing SaGa if you wanted to scale it back.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Thank you for that.

The next update will hopefully be out by the end of the weekend. It will add and fix everything that Kzinssie has told me, and Fourth Party will be added.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 9:18 pm

6 Metal Gear characters and 6 Memetale characters
What are you smoking
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 9:21 pm

"Actually, I do smoke marijuana, it's gooooooooood stuff."

In all seriousness however

Blame my friends.

If it really bugs you, tell me who I should add.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 9:00 pm

dumb stuff you dont need to hear:

Wow you named almost every game character i could think of even zeke wow.
Maybe you can put an alien from space invaders wait you already did that
and pong too
oh boi cant think of anything
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 9:08 pm

In your indie game chunk you could probably put Richard/the Jacket from Hotline Miami
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Added 14 characters.

I apologize if my additions to Metal Gear are awful. My knowledge on Metal Gear is very, very limited.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Where's Quiet you weiner
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:51 pm

I'll add her in the next update
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:50 am

Really dude you forgot Xehanort, Xemnas, King Mickey, Goofy and Donald, from the Kingdom Hearts Series
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 1:34 pm

This makes that Aeons of Death mod for Doom look tame.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 3:26 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Really dude you forgot Xehanort, Xemnas, King Mickey, Goofy and Donald, from the Kingdom Hearts Series
I needed help adding characters from Kingdom Hearts because of my lack of knowledge for the series.
So I had to rely on my friend telling me who to add. He probably just forgot...
Also Mickey, Donald and Goofy will be in the Fourth Party section. (Whenever I decide to finish it)

Mario123311 wrote:
This makes that Aeons of Death mod for Doom look tame.

I'm glad to hear that.

UPDATE: There have been more characters added to the roster. This is a slightly bigger update than usual because it added 30+ characters! Who are they? Well, I screwed up and can't tell you everyone, but some new characters include: Twili Midna, Tough Guy, Colonel Pluck, Mouser, Some Shantae characters, Quiet, Shield Knight, and Bandage Girl.
Back to top Go down
KaneGaming
Level 1 CPU
KaneGaming

Time-Tumbler2

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 8:56 pm

I counted 10+ Mario clones.

I guess that's what happens when you add absolutely everything into one roster.

But seriously, though, this roster's packing good characters, like Isaac and Quote. Good job.

(I swear if you add Riolu or Oshawott to the roster, instant, INSTANT 10/10)
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:01 pm

KaneGaming wrote:
I counted 10+ Mario clones.

I guess that's what happens when you add absolutely everything into one roster.

But seriously, though, this roster's packing good characters, like Isaac and Quote. Good job.

(I swear if you add Riolu or Oshawott to the roster, instant, INSTANT 10/10)

Personally, I blame myself.

(Also Oshawott isn't being added because we've already got Dewott)
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Its funny how many characters there really are in existence when you put them all together.

I wonder if anyone can guess the 3 characters I would use the most Kappa (hint. The 3 are "Third Party" and are from the same game Wink )
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 10:13 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
Its funny how many characters there really are in existence when you put them all together.

I wonder if anyone can guess the 3 characters I would use the most Kappa (hint. The 3 are "Third Party" and are from the same game Wink )

the freedom planet guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate   My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Empty

Back to top Go down

My Really Dumb Project - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1