Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 11:49 am

Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) Z

These are Tetronimoes, from the game Tetris. I know what you might say, a block is not a character, well I give you this;
Proof
Anyway, these characters are hailing from a puzzle game set in a lot of areas I believe the first was set in India (The background gave it away), but the most recent game (Tetris Burst) is in a jungle some where (again background)

First Game: Tetris (NES)
Most Recent Game: Tetris Burst (PC)

I would really like to add this in here as it is a cult classic, hailing all the way from the NES and still going  strong to date. I believe it could have a fun and unique moveset, and would be a good character to play as. Now without further ado, the moveset.

Combo: Rotate (The current Tetronimo rotates, range depends on which Tetronimo you are)
Side: Shift (The piece moves to the direction inputted sharply)
Up: 180 Degree Rotation (The current Tetronimo locks the highest part in place then rotates 100 degrees upwards sharply.
Down: Descent (A slam downwards, minos pop out as a shock wave)

Smash:
Side: Rotating Thrust (The current Tetronimo throws itself forward rotating in air, can carry opponents)
Up: Break Apart (The current Tetronimo breaks apart and flies upwards a small bit, each mino causes damage)
Down: Crushing Fall (The current Tetronimo falls over tipping it's side, current height measures range)

Aerial:
Neutral: Rotate
Side: Shift
Up: Ascend (Ascends a small bit, can only be used twice)
Down: Descent (Can carry opponents)
Back: Mirror Flip (Locks the farthest backwards part of the tetronimo and then flips the tetronimo backwards)

Special:

Neutral: Transform (Turns the current block into the next one)

I Block:
Side: Sliding Ghost (Sends a ghost image forwards when button lets go I block goes to that point very fast, carries opponents)
Up: Ghost Image (L Block teleports upwards leaving a ghost image in it's place, both can attack but only the real block can be hit)
Down: Slam (L block instantly shoots down dealing a lot of damage and small Tetronimo Blocks pop out from the ground)

L Block:
Side: Slide (L Block slides to the Right)
Up: Heli-Block (L block flips upside down and spins upwards)
Down: Flip Slam (L Block does a small flip before slamming, goes right)

J Block:
Side: Slide (J Block slides Left)
Up: Heli-Block
Down: Flip Slam (J Block does a small flip before slamming, goes left)

T Block:
Side: Tumble (T Block tumbles in direction imputted)
Up: T Spin (T Block rapidly spins causing upwards momentum)
Down: Perfect Fit (T block slams into the ground causing a shockwave and, a section of the ground around it to flash, burrying in foes)

S Block:
Side: Break Away (A part of S Block breaks off and becomes an item for the Tetronimo to pick up and fling at opponenets)
Up: Tetro-up (The SBlock Breaks up traveling upwards, damages opponents multiple times
Down: Fall Apart (The S Block Falls apart, completely damaging foes near it and under it)

Z Block:
Side: Break Away
Up: Tetro-Up
Down: Fall Apart

O Block:
Side: Roll (O Block charges up and roll forward very fast)
Up: Spin (O Block spins raising it a small bit)
Down: Mega-Slam (O Block Rises into the air and comes down hard)

Final Smash:
Tetris+: The stage is filled with falling tetris blocks for 6 seconds, they fall quickly, and complete 5 rows by the end, can be stood on, if under when landing, immediatley burried, when 5 rows are completed the blocks flash, causing damage, and launching all who stand on it or, who are burried.

{(Supporters)}
(Ganonth E.G. Reat)

Last edited by DestinyIntwined on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:17 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 11:58 am

The name of the character is "Tetromino."
And you still can't format your titles correctly.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:30 pm

How then??

Edit: You lowered my life bar partly because I didn't put
Discussion:
in the title? Really? I don't see any other topic on the board that has
Discussion:

Edit 2: I'm an idiot

Last edited by DestinyIntwined on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:36 pm

Slide. Rotate. Flip. Shift. Spin. Fall. That's what this moveset is. Also, Crusade is already paying its respects to Tetris by having it as a stage. What more do we need?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:37 pm

A: It's a block, not much I could do with it besides the specials I had planned
B: It's a character, and I would like it in, I have the freedom to put a suggestion

Last edited by DestinyIntwined on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Edit: You lowered my life bar partly because I didn't put
Discussion:
in the title? Really? I don't see any other topic on the board that has
Discussion:

You really think that's why your lifebar was lowered?
It's been at 50% for weeks now.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Yes I know it's been lowered for weeks now ever since Hey Lego Shaq! got heated up. I said partly, so back to the character
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:00 pm

DI wrote:
A: It's a block, not mush I could do with it besides the specials I had planned
Usually, that's a sign that the character won't make a good fit (heh). Also, I believe you stated in the OP that Tetromino could have "a fun and unique moveset". Not really seeing it in your current moveset.

DI wrote:
B: It's a character, and I would like it in, I have the freedom to put a suggestion
True, but you have to think twice before suggesting a character, even if it's one you personally want.

At least it's not the Paddle from Pong...
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Combo: Shoot Ball
Side: Move in way inputted
Up: Move Up
Down: Move Down

Perfect Moveset

I know it doesn't look unique but at least say something about the specials, most of my effort went towards that.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 3:04 pm

I'd..like to comment on this but I have...I do not understand it. At all. You don't describe any of the moves you just name them.

So many shifts...Like, why so many? The moveset is so generic for what you could do. Sliding? I get it's true to the game but sometimes that's not for the better.

I can't really criticize more. I mean it'd be cool to see them work in Smash, really cool, but I just...this is quite a bit to sprite and comprehend.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 3:14 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
I'd..like to comment on this but I have...I do not understand it. At all. You don't describe any of the moves you just name them.

Most of the moves were just copied from one already done before it, such as the shifts and rotates

Lego Shaq wrote:
So many shifts...Like, why so many? The moveset is so generic for what you could do. Sliding? I get it's true to the game but sometimes that's not for the better.

Like I said, it's a block, I like to stick as close to the game as possible while still keeping it fun
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 3:24 pm

I thought of a being made out of tetrominos would make the most sense. Not just 1.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Most of these moves are in sore need of explaining exactly what they are. I'm not big on the idea as a whole, but if Tetromino were to become a character, I think it'd be best as something that's super-fast moving and deals high-damage, but suffers insanely long stall times after every attack and has really heavy gravity (like, it falls a lot faster than other characters). Only as a crazy fast, jerky, hard to deal with (for the user and opponents) do I think Tetromino has potential. Aside from that, the stage hazard is more than fine.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:27 am

Honestly insanely fast and hard to deal with, that is missingno, the fighter your looking for is missingno
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:51 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Honestly insanely fast and hard to deal with, that is missingno, the fighter your looking for is missingno
Or, you know, Sonic, a character actually in the game?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Well that too but I was thinking about how he said it's hard for the user and the opponent, not just the opponent
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:00 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:

Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) Missigno%20stats_zpsd23om5yk
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Advertising your own character in an unrelated thread. WOW.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:22 am

Don't judge me, and Slissith it's a glitch pokemon, I based the moves on glitches, not it's actual stats
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Man, god forbid we represent actual, legitimate attributes of characters in Crusade. Also, Braystar's totally right. Missingno.'s not in the game. Why would I think of a character I have no reason to believe will even be included?
Shaq, you're pretty right. Though, I imagined Tetromino as having less...curved movement, if that makes sense. More straight and rigid.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Don't judge me, and Slissith it's a glitch pokemon, I based the moves on glitches, not it's actual stats

Accurate representation of Missigno should also draw inspiration from its actual stats. Don't use the "glitch" card to rationalise a sakurai'd moveset.

Can't believe this is my 2000th post smh
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 8:20 am

Did you just call the moveset Sakurai'd?? I mean I know what it means, but come on, Sakurai has done greater things than just bad movesets.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 8:53 am

Sakurai'd isn't a derogatory term, it just means something that's been made up for the sake of the character, like ledge attacks and get up attacks. However if the entire moveset is Sakurai'd, that's a problem.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:03 am

Well I've caused this avalanche of Don't Advertise Your Characters, so how about we continue, back to Tetris
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 pm

There is no need for this "character" to be in this game. The moveset is very bland, and while I get that a lot of people like the "character", it doesn't need to be a playable character in a fighting game. There are other ways of representing Tetris, like in the stage, like TaXMaN said.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 8:55 am

I know a few people here know that I love the idea of a playable Tetromino. Back in my old SSF2 expansion forum days I made an almost 100% completed Tetromino expansion.

Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EGoSdV4Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) 0Qaj6L9
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:28 am

So is that a support, or...
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 2:21 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
So is that a support, or...
Yeah, support from me.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 am

Ok!
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 11:18 am

Currently Updating
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)   Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tetromino (Tetris) Discussion: Clear the Bottom Line (WIP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next